English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   News (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Tanks Furry, coming soon to an Amiga near You... (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=80999)

turrican3 12 January 2016 01:07

Great :great
Quote:

Originally Posted by meckert (Post 1062020)
Physical release is going to happen.... stay tuned ...

http://amiga.net.pl/graf/49.jpg

Overflow 12 January 2016 03:51

Im defintly purchasing this!

Very crisp and cool design!

Neil79 12 January 2016 14:14

Tanks Furry - Tank based shooter for the Amiga is now ready for pre-order

http://www.indieretronews.com/2016/0...ooter-for.html

clebin 12 January 2016 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil79 (Post 1062152)
Tanks Furry - Tank based shooter for the Amiga is now ready for pre-order

http://www.indieretronews.com/2016/0...ooter-for.html

Looks like a live action Advance Wars. Really nice!

Retro-Nerd 12 January 2016 17:08

33 PLN = 7.56921 EUR for the boxed version? Is this correct? Sounds like fair price. :great

Steve T 12 January 2016 17:38

1 Attachment(s)
the game looks like a lot of fun, well done! I will most likely pick up a copy... btw, hope no one minds me saying but you could get a clearer view of the game and tighten the composition of the cover up a lot by removing some of that empty textured space, i made a quick mockup of it.

Some character/tank artwork would be better than a screenshot however.

Just my 2p as a graphic artist anyway, keep up the great work!

Predseda 12 January 2016 22:24

Not sure with the shop. Without any information about me, without any login, how it does know the postage?

Quote:

Price: 33,00 PLN
Shipping: 21,00 PLN
TOTAL: 54,00 PLN
Also I dont see a payment method. Terms of use are in polish only.

Lord Aga 12 January 2016 23:16

I would be very disappointed if the terms of use didn't have the word 'kurwa' in them :)
And instructions for the game. And basically everything containing some text.

Overflow 12 January 2016 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predseda (Post 1062249)
Not sure with the shop. Without any information about me, without any login, how it does know the postage?

Also I dont see a payment method. Terms of use are in polish only.

When I ordered, I made a user for that shop, and had to go to my profile to fill in my adress. Basically it seems to be a minor flaw in the design of webshop purchase flow.

Predseda 12 January 2016 23:35

And how is the payment done? They probably dont accept paypal, do they?

Raislin77it 12 January 2016 23:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predseda (Post 1062276)
And how is the payment done? They probably dont accept paypal, do they?

they accept paypal

Overflow 13 January 2016 01:18

Yep, they accept paypal. It was the method of payment I used.

A sidenote; there seems to be issues with them sending mails to hotmail accounts. I resorted to using my gmail account, and then I recived the purchase confirmation instantly.

Wether or not this is still an issue, I do not know.

aszu 13 January 2016 08:16

Now u can change language on the site to english, so there should be no problems for any of you. I have bough the game, payed with paypal but u need to remember, there will be additional postage charge, about 6-7E / 5-6GBP.
In case of any doubts drop them an email :)

Predseda 13 January 2016 11:34

Ordered.

ReadOnlyCat 13 January 2016 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overflow (Post 1062274)
When I ordered, I made a user for that shop, and had to go to my profile to fill in my adress. Basically it seems to be a minor flaw in the design of webshop purchase flow.

Minor? That is a major flaw when you try to make someone give you money. ;)
The rule 1 of commerce on the Internet is "make it as simple as possible for the customer, not for you, the seller/website-coder".

Every little step between seeing the product page and clicking the "buy" button discourages a large fraction of customers. The more steps exist, the less purchases you will have. And asking for the money before the address via an indirect procedure is not just a step, it's a huge gap (and moreover the order should be inverted) which some lawyers could consider constitutes fraud since it effectively allows collecting money without having first made sure the product can reach the customer. Obviously, that is probably not what is happening here but it is still very flawed design nonetheless which might cause a lot of buyers to become very angry if they do not figure the system out.

Also I must add, what is the justification for yet another "must login to purchase" Amiga site? If anything, this decreases the number if customers(remember: it adds several unnecessary steps to the buying process).
They just need to keep track of address, email address and payment, this does not add any value for the user nor for the site (except maybe entertain the fantasy of having a captive customer base?).

Predseda 13 January 2016 14:54

Also their paypal system is bad. You place an order, fill in an address and you get an email with order number. Then you have to login to paypal.com, go to "send money" and put that order number to a transaction comment. It worked for me, but it is very amateurish.

Overflow 13 January 2016 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predseda (Post 1062402)
Also their paypal system is bad. You place an order, fill in an address and you get an email with order number. Then you have to login to paypal.com, go to "send money" and put that order number to a transaction comment. It worked for me, but it is very amateurish.

I was thinking the same thing, but at the end of the day, it worked.
They can obviously improve things, but when I had issues regarding my hotmail account, the admin of the shop contacted me right away and sorted it out.
So, overall, my impression of them are very much favourable.

@ReadOnlyCat

Yes, I agree, make it as simple as possible. But I decide to focus on them delivering the product in the end. Im not going to let a quirky shop prevent me from getting the product, espesially since the admin was very helpful.

Predseda 13 January 2016 20:03

I agree, they communicate quickly and I got an answer to my email within an hour.

juen 13 January 2016 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve T (Post 1062184)
the game looks like a lot of fun, well done! I will most likely pick up a copy... btw, hope no one minds me saying but you could get a clearer view of the game and tighten the composition of the cover up a lot by removing some of that empty textured space, i made a quick mockup of it.

Some character/tank artwork would be better than a screenshot however.

Just my 2p as a graphic artist anyway, keep up the great work!

thanks for the feedback. sended to gfx guy :)

juen 13 January 2016 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd (Post 1062179)
33 PLN = 7.56921 EUR for the boxed version? Is this correct? Sounds like fair price. :great

yes, and includes tax fee :)
+ cost of shipping (~5 EUR)

box also includes: full color A3 poster (foto paper), magnet (for fridge or sth), 2 x sticker for flopy disks and 3 more stickers for random usage(7x7, 7x7, 14x7cm). color manual - 12 pages! full color cover for box and CD :-)

thanks for buying our first game, and for sure we will try make more games, more complex and betters for classic amiga :)