English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Amiga scene (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What new stuff is out for classic Amiga? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=52832)

T_hairy_bootson 20 May 2010 13:48

http://raluxa.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/trlht.jpg

skateblind 20 May 2010 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonHellraiser (Post 670847)
And thanks to Skateblind you can read it all in one post!!!

I'm clever, I even highlighted! :D

TCD 20 May 2010 13:52

@THB
I like that last pic. Instant classic.

Heavy Stylus 20 May 2010 13:52

I personally feel that the lack of new development for the classic amiga series is due to the difficulty in getting into Amiga emulation for a n00b; you need kickstart roms and workbench to get the most out of an Amiga, and some people just aren't willing to pay for them.

The Atari ST/E scene, however, is almost equally quiet, with maybe 1-2 new game releases each year, compared to the spectum and c64 having 1-2 new games a month each!

It's a shame, as back in the day Amos and Blitz users used to churn out hundreds of games. I'd love to see a revived Blitz scene on the Amiga today; finding artists is easy thanks to sites like pixeljoint, but Amiga coders are a rare commodity.

skateblind 20 May 2010 14:00

Learning Blitz and getting it to work is difficult for a 'noob'. Amos is easier and people are still making stuff with it. There are new games, demos and apps being made for the Amiga, you just have to know where to look. I don't care what other people are doing on other machines. The reason I love the Amiga is because of what happened in the past, not in the future. I would be happy even if nothing new was ever made for it again, but I know that will not happen.

If you are desperate for new stuff, then go and create it yourself rather than complaining on an Amiga forum.

"I want new stuff, so I am going to go annoy the people creating that new stuff." ;)
^ Not very clever. :D

Heavy Stylus 20 May 2010 14:08

"If you are desperate for new stuff, then go and create it yourself"

http://www.rgcd.co.uk/r0x

Admittedly, not Amiga, but at least it's 16-bit ;)

skateblind 20 May 2010 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavy Stylus (Post 670860)
"If you are desperate for new stuff, then go and create it yourself"

http://www.rgcd.co.uk/r0x

Admittedly, not Amiga, but at least it's 16-bit ;)

Run away before the Atari haters come for you! :p

*Grabs torch and pitch-fork*

Djay 20 May 2010 14:13

All the old c64 coders stayed in their bedrooms.. Amiga coders went and got jobs in the industry

that was a joke btw

TCD 20 May 2010 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by skateblind (Post 670862)
*Grabs torch and pitch-fork*

\o/ That's the spirit!
Now you have two weeks to make an Amiga version or the mob will come for you Heavy :p

T_hairy_bootson 20 May 2010 14:14

NO they all must drop whatever they are doing and make 68k ASM games right now lazy bastards.

Quit developing AROS or apps for it. Quit devving on OS4, no more MorphOS either. No more AGA 060 demos or WHDLoad. Tell jahc to stop updating wookiechat and SabreMSN. Wepl needs to make a game to prove his skillz and Ratte can stop updating drivers for indivision and start making a better version of ChaseHQ for the a500. All those lazy untalented jerks who made stuff for the christmas compo should stop taking the easy route and learn 68k ASM to make a turrican killer. Novacoder should stop trying to get VGA scummvm games working on AGA and learn 68k ASM. Even you heavy stylus quit making your awesome compilation CDs QUIT NOW! And dont get me started on KillerGorilla, who the hell does he think he is making a game launcher and making neat whdload packs. Anakirob should quit making music too and learn ASM to make a game up to Falcon Flight's standard written in 68kASM right now.

Lazy good for nothing bums...

aww, I cant stay mad at you guys. :) Thanks for everything you do for free in your own time that benefits the rest of us. Don't think for one second its not appreciated just because of trolls like Falcon Flight.

Falcon Flight 20 May 2010 14:16

who here is desperate for new stuff?
this is a classic case of you reading what's not written here but rather what you want to see written perhaps because that's what YOU are (desperate).
that's not very clever.
(Gaming wise, I'm glad we got only the classic stuff from back then and not the bungled and botched efforts of dilettantes.)

Heavy Stylus 20 May 2010 14:17

Haha!

There is kind of an Amiga version... Our game was loosley based on the meteor shower bonus game in Deluxe Galaga :D

TCD 20 May 2010 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narf the Mouse (Post 670047)
I don't know, but I'm really hoping for new stuff for my WinUAE. So, what's out there?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falcon Flight (Post 670869)
who here is desperate for new stuff?

Not sure about the 'desperate' bit, but the OP seems to be quite interested. He didn't asked why there is no new stuff btw.

skateblind 20 May 2010 14:20

EDIT - TCD got there before I could, damn you TCD! Stay out of the troll war. There can be only one.

Falcon Flight 20 May 2010 14:24

T hairy bootson you're unfortunately barking up the wrong tree, MATE.
i have already explicitly mentioned the efforts of WHDLoad installs in my first post in this thread.
so by that act i'm also grateful to "lesser talents" like killergorilla for packaging them up and making them available for ppl like myself who have no talent at all.
lay off the troll accusations MATE because if you look back at my post history you'll see i'm genuine in my viewpoints and in my love for the Amiga. ;-)

T_hairy_bootson 20 May 2010 14:26

Anyone who calls KillerGorilla "a lesser talent" is a troll in my book. So enjoy your trolling troll.

Falcon Flight 20 May 2010 14:27

that was tongue in cheek. i think you need an injection of sense of humour serum.

Heavy Stylus 20 May 2010 14:28

"MATE" - roffle :D

seuden 20 May 2010 14:33

@Narf the Mouse

Tbh, I'm always discovering old stuff that I haven't played/used/heard of before which is kinda like acquiring new stuff. Then there's the stuff like Morton Strikes Back AGA which was at one point thought of as lost then there's Fantastic Dizzy AGA which has resurfaced just today. So there may not be as much "new" stuff as the 8 bit l33tz0rz there is a great deal of new found stuff.

killergorilla 20 May 2010 14:35

Yay!

/me changes his User Title