English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   News (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Boing Bag #3 for OS3.9 released (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=49900)

hit 17 January 2010 21:06

thnx for the update, gulliver, but the url is not correct: "lillipĆ¹t" vs. "lilliput" :)

Minuous 17 January 2010 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by gulliver
I never tryed AISS, Could you describe me what it actually does?

It stands for Amiga Image Storage System. It's not a program, it is a collection of images. They are standard toolbar images, eg. New, Open, Save, etc. that go in a defined place, the idea being that each application that uses toolbars will use the AISS images and not have to reinvent the wheel, saving hard disk space for the user and time to market for the developer. It's supported by all my applications that use toolbars (AmiArcadia, Report+, various character editors). More info at http://www.masonicons.info/aiss/

gulliver 17 January 2010 23:12

@hit
Thanks for the correction!

@Minuous
AISS sounds really cool, as long as developers keep adding support for it in their programs!

Amilord 19 January 2010 01:09

Hi ! And good job for the work done with this BB3 guys !

I have a couple of questions:
1) Is there a problem with running BB3 and systempatch 2.99 or 3.0 ?
2) why the BB3 installer does not install the mmu.library needed by Loadmodule ?

thx guys and keep going :)

gulliver 19 January 2010 01:36

1. I am running systempatch 3.3 with BB3 with no problems. Remember to disable IconBeFast functionality as icon.library present in BB3 comes with that built-in.

2.LoadModule does not require mmu.library, hence, BB3 does not install it.

PeterK 19 January 2010 13:06

Quote:

Remember to disable IconBeFast functionality as icon.library present in BB3 comes with that built-in.
Sorry, but that's wrong since IconBeFast in SystemPatch 3.x is version 1.16 and patches the graphics.library function ObtainBestPenA() which is used by many graphic tools too (picture viewers etc). And the optimized code of the icon.library 46.4 uses IconBeFast v2 and many additional speedups, but only for icons, of course. Thus, you can use both at the same time. ObtainBestPenA() can still help to accelerate loading a collection of thumbnail images for example.

Just as background information:
The original icon.library of the AmigaOS makes up to 512 calls to graphics.library ObtainBestPenA() for the color mapping of each icon together with 512 OtainSemaphore()/ReleaseSemaphore() pairs etc. So, IconBeFast v2 avoids all these external library calls by including a copy of the OptainBestPenA() functionality directly into the icon.library which subsequently also makes a lot of further optimization possible.

But, if you use SystemPatch v2.x or v3.x then please remove TagLiFE from your startup-sequence, because that's also included in SystemPatch already.

gulliver 19 January 2010 18:38

My mistake, thanks @PeterK for clarifying!

ancalimon 21 January 2010 12:29

Can someone who has bb3 installed together with mcp, systempatch3.3, fblit and ftext post his/her startup-sequence and user-startup cause I can't make systempatch work on my system properly. Display become corrupted when I click on and drag icons, drag windows,etc.

I have a blizzard1260 and use a 1024-768*16 screenmode on my M1438S.

Mad-Matt 21 January 2010 12:46

You perhaps dont need systempatch as you already have all the patches it does running already with mcp/fblit and possibly others. That said systemptahc does have a readme to look at on how to make it work with fblit.

gulliver 21 January 2010 19:00

MCP and Systempatch...
Be carefull it is probably that combination which is causing you trouble, probably a case that one program is patching on what has already been patched.
I highly recommend you patiently read both program docs and make sure you are not "generating conflict" between those programs. They both have settings to disable each particular patch they apply.

DDNI 04 August 2010 23:58

fromm bb3 readme

"Additionally, Action/MooVId is no longer included as part of this
package, as of V1.0d. You will need to download it and install it
yourself if you want it.

Any idea where MooVid 1.7 beta can be d'loaded?

Minuous 05 August 2010 13:04

http://amigan.1emu.net/aw/

This is V1.6 (stable registered version), which was the one included in BB3.

DDNI 06 August 2010 11:10

cheers minuous, I have 1.6.
I am looking for 1.7b which is stated as once having been part on BB3.

Minuous 06 August 2010 11:18

That must have been a mistake, because I made BB3 from the archive I linked to. I just had a look at the BB3 V1.0c archive and it's 1.6. Looking at the readme for BB3, it's likewise 1.6. Where was it stated that 1.7 beta was the included version?

DDNI 06 August 2010 11:24

Ok Minuos, I got the infor from here;
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=36971&page=5

post 192
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=192

amigarobbo 07 August 2010 21:09

Just a thought, could you put the stuff that needs to go into the startup-sequence into a text file someplace (other than the install script!) so you can copy n' paste it in..

Is this a good place to ask what should be taken out of the BB3 Startup-sequence when you put on BB4??

Minuous 08 August 2010 11:24

That's actually talking about BB4 not BB3. V1.7 beta was listed by Gulliver as a BB4 component but by the time I actually made the first version of BB4 there were hassles about permissions so I left it out.

Quote:

Just a thought, could you put the stuff that needs to go into the startup-sequence into a text file someplace (other than the install script!) so you can copy n' paste it in..
If/when I do a new release of BB3/BB4 I will probably do this.

Quote:

Is this a good place to ask what should be taken out of the BB3 Startup-sequence when you put on BB4??
Yes.
You modify the SetPatch line but you don't actually delete any lines. As specified in the installer script.

Arnie 08 August 2010 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minuous (Post 690647)
You modify the SetPatch line but you don't actually delete any lines. As specified in the installer script.

I had to comment out the BB3 lines after installing BB4 or i got errors on startup:

Filesytem version 45: already resident
Loading Filesystem failed: object already exists
SYS:C/LoadModule failed return code 10

I'm using Winuae, BB3 installed ok, no errors.

EDIT: It`s the setpatch line for BB4 ( SYS:C/Setpatch QUIET) that`s not working for me.

EDIT2: Sorted.

Ratte 09 August 2010 10:03

Does somebody noticed Cosmos exec-hack on Aminet.
Most important is his PayPal-Account ... taking some money for YOUR work ... :P

I think he gets confused with his gfx.library project and is hacking the next library.
Leaving the gfx.lib unstable and incomplete ...

... thats so .. amiga ?

kolla 10 August 2010 02:53

He's not _taking_ any money, and giving him money it totally voluntary, so I don't quite see your point. I just hope he manages to get romable kingcon working on 68000 eventually :P