English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What are you playing? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=31922)

TCD 24 May 2024 06:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by gimbal (Post 1686225)
Say what you want about Bethesda games but they're a good investment.

They are (still need to see about Fallout 76 [got it in a bundle] and Starfield [will get it once it costs 20-ish currency], but in general they offer a lot of replay value and with mods you can indeed play them for a very long time (hi jimmijo :D)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gimbal (Post 1686225)
I pretty much don't need to buy more games anymore, I'm set.

I'm currently sifting through my backlog and found Castlevania: Lords of Shadow which I abandoned quite a few years ago due to the QTE in the boss fights and my PC being a potato at the time. It is a lot of fun :) That being said I don't think I'll ever stop buying new games especially when they are on sale :nervous

kremiso 28 May 2024 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCD (Post 1686241)
...I'm currently sifting through my backlog and found Castlevania: Lords of Shadow which I abandoned quite a few years ago due to the QTE in the boss fights...

i did the same for the same reason back then

here completed first playthrough in Star Ocean second story R, i think i'll do an extra 'game+' round with this one, the gameplay seems a bit modified to gain replayability

still a solid remake, hope also other ps1 era jrpg will be re-touched in the same way

TCD 29 May 2024 05:52

I started to play the Dark Forces Remaster and except for the messed up MIDI timing it is pretty good.

Seiya 30 May 2024 02:26

i'm playing with Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice

ransom1122 30 May 2024 07:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCD (Post 1687058)
I started to play the Dark Forces Remaster and except for the messed up MIDI timing it is pretty good.

a comment on steam...

"The Midi options (general midi and OPL3) are very... off. If we had an option to put in our own sound fonts that would help.
Edit: you can put your own soundfont in the games base folder and rename it to Roland SC-55 for it to take. Saves having to fiddle with the console. Just rename the default in the folder."

Does this help?

Anubis 30 May 2024 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seiya (Post 1687213)

I strongly recommend this one to be played with headphones set to loud and in dark environment. :rolleyes :great

The whole game is just one experience...

Seiya 30 May 2024 15:17

i played this first chapter, after playing the Hellblade II. I play in the night after midnight, without headphones, but really in some moment i had sensation not be alone in the room.

Gzegzolka 30 May 2024 15:34

I play different Sonic fan games, most of them are one or two levels demos. For now my top favourite ones are Aural, Legends, Overture 95 and Galactic. They are as good as official Sega games or Mania from few years ago. But that's just my opinion, there are lots of different projects, some are more focused on speed with less platforms and branching roads, some are more open focused on exploration and precision in jumping.

TCD 30 May 2024 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by ransom1122 (Post 1687234)
"The Midi options (general midi and OPL3) are very... off. If we had an option to put in our own sound fonts that would help.Edit: you can put your own soundfont in the games base folder and rename it to Roland SC-55 for it to take. Saves having to fiddle with the console. Just rename the default in the folder."Does this help?

Thank you :) I'll try it this weekend.

Anubis 30 May 2024 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seiya (Post 1687311)
i played this first chapter, after playing the Hellblade II. I play in the night after midnight, without headphones, but really in some moment i had sensation not be alone in the room.

So you probably already saw the screen in second game where they recommend to use headphones for the best experience... only missing instruction was to use Melatinin or Zolpidem for sleep after gaming, because without them you might have some trouble with insomnia... :cheese or voices in your head :agree :shocked

kremiso 02 June 2024 16:38

testing all the NES emulators on Amiga

Anubis 03 June 2024 19:15

Played PC version of Dynablaster (Bomberman) to end on RA using DOSBox pure core. After watching some videos switching some of my games from DOSBox to RA with DOSBox-Pure core. Enjoying to have save state and even rewind while playing DOS game.

Funny that at the end screen shows thanks with PC Engine version and small line on who did conversation to DOS. Never finished Amiga version, was credit screen the same?!

kremiso 04 June 2024 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anubis (Post 1688180)
...Funny that at the end screen shows thanks with PC Engine version and small line on who did conversation to DOS. Never finished Amiga version, was credit screen the same?!

seems better on the Amiga, not just a single screen but a scrolling text, and a cool tune too

Seiya 05 June 2024 03:09

Astor: Blade of the Monolith, a very nice game

Anubis 05 June 2024 05:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by kremiso (Post 1688314)
seems better on the Amiga, not just a single screen but a scrolling text, and a cool tune too

While game has better sounds and plays better on Amiga, end scroll with nice tune is a bonus, but message is the same, starting with listening PC Engine team then Amiga conversion team, which explains why Amiga version is better, as PC listed only 1 person. :)

BTW, while RA PUAE core is far better then what it was, WHDLoad works, but Save State does not and Rewind is not that good (only few seconds). Playing game from ADF in the core fixes those 2 things.

Thanks to magic of rewind I managed to get bonus for every round. I am still lost as amount of points you get as bonus in this game... (1 level you get 1300 regular points and bonus is over 100K points. :D

Had to check, every bonus is 111110 points :)

kremiso 05 June 2024 21:37

i haven't tried the rewind feature until now
seems intriguing

Anubis 07 June 2024 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by kremiso (Post 1688598)
i haven't tried the rewind feature until nowseems intriguing

I love rewind, combined with Save State, you can finish most of the games in a day, without having to train levels for days.

Yesterday tried PUAE with SPS games. All you have to do is get capsimg 64 bit file and place it in BIOS folder.

I also checked customization in core for different Amigas, from A500 with 512KB, A500 with 512KB chip + 512KB slow to A1200 model with 2MB+8MB ram.

So far only error I had was with Another World, after loading disk 2 it seems that emulator was stuck. Will check it more tonight. BTW, I am using single zips per game and Launchbox for front end. Haven't used wheel for Another World in ages...

BTW, for Dynablaster, if you last tile you uncover on level is exit tile, there will be new tile to pickup bonus. I will post an image once i get back home.

Muzkat 11 June 2024 14:55

Not long ago, I said I wasn't all that impressed with The Callisto Protocol. I actually considered uninstalling it.

I ended up completing the base game and the Final Transmission DLC, and enjoyed the experience. The game got better the more I progressed, and the DLC was superb.

kremiso 13 June 2024 20:46

completed New Zealand Story Master System, emulated on Amiga

completed Ruined King on PC, after 50/60 hours of play; great final battle

TCD 16 June 2024 16:53

I started to play Selaco and it is very impressive. The fact that it runs on GZDoom makes it even more impressive. Very intense and fun to play.