English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.WinUAE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   WinUAE 4.9.0 beta series (Was 4.5.0) (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=104099)

Rotareneg 21 February 2021 19:37

Single non-gsync monitor here, no integrated graphics (desktop PC with antique i7-860 CPU.) In case it's something specific to the GPU BIOS, my card is an Asus Dual GTX 1660 Super Evo OC, DUAL-GTX1660S-O6G-EVO.

mcbpete 21 February 2021 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 1464163)
Confusing results. Do you also have G-Sync enabled and/or supported monitor? Just wondering if G-Sync disables it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcbpete (Post 1464161)
MultiPlane Overlays supported :great

Specs:
Card - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super
Driver version - v.461.40
OS - Windows 10 v20H2 (Build 19042.804)

Currently have G-Sync off - It seemed to keep randomly breaking hardware optimised video streaming (e.g. Youtube & Netflix) - there would be audio but just a black screen, and I didn't see the benefits of it anyway so have it disabled until further notice ....

bernd roesch 23 February 2021 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 1463933)
If you use Direct3D11 mode and Windows is 8.1/10: check if winuaelog.txt has log line "MultiPlane Overlays supported". If it has, report your display card and driver version, thanks.

NVidia supposedly supports MPO since 461.09 but IDXGIOutput2->SupportsOverlays() return FALSE here (Windows 10 19042, RTX3090, 461.40). MPO reduces latency in windowed mode by allowing front buffer rendering. (Note that only if application supports it, WinUAE won't until driver reports it being supported)

I have gforce 1030 and not this line in log. so seem only cards above 10xx series have this feature. I have too 461.40 driver

adiq22 24 February 2021 17:44

GTX 1060 with 461.51 driver on Windows 10 Build 19042 - no trace of 'MultiPlane Overlays supported' entry in winuaelog. Enabling/disabling G-sync makes no difference.
Looks like nvidia made it exclusive to RTX series.

Rotareneg 24 February 2021 19:37

On the Quadro driver release notes it says:

Quote:

Added new display features:
Multiplane Overlay--allows for the GPU hardware to composite the final image planes instead of the operating system's Desktop Windows Manager to reduce system latency. (Requires NVIDIA Quadro RTX and later GPUs; SDR currently supported, HDR support to follow)
So probably a Turing and up feature only, meaning RTX 20xx and GTX 16xx cards.

Rotareneg 24 February 2021 21:05

On a related note: Chrome uses MPO, so on my system I can force vsync off in Chrome via the nvidia control panel and get tearing even in a window on tests like this one: https://www.testufo.com/photo#photo=...&stuttersize=0

Leandro Jardim 02 March 2021 19:44

@Toni:

Do these BETA series require the installation of DirectX 11 or an additional library? I was wondering, because when I run it on Windows 7 x86 Windows warns that a Direct3D DLL is missing and WinUAE does not run.

I'm worried, will this new version no longer support DirectX 9?

Toni Wilen 02 March 2021 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leandro Jardim (Post 1466756)
@Toni:

Do these BETA series require the installation of DirectX 11 or an additional library? I was wondering, because when I run it on Windows 7 x86 Windows warns that a Direct3D DLL is missing and WinUAE does not run.

Standard reply: is this really 4.5 beta specific?

Sounds like the usual case: newly installed Windows. Direct3D9 has never been included out of the box. You need to install it manually.

DamienD 02 March 2021 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leandro Jardim (Post 1466756)
@Toni:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 1466760)
Sounds like the usual case: newly installed Windows. Direct3D9 has never been included out of the box. You need to install it manually.

...which has been removed by Micro$oft.

Don't worry, I've uploaded here ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1215242)

Required - install "DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)" for D3D9:

... https://mega.nz/file/kygQyRIB#AYfTvo...8WqnoMoWjnQPLQ

Toni Wilen 02 March 2021 20:24

It still isn't 4.5 beta related.

DamienD 02 March 2021 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 1466779)

I know... just doing what I usually do, helping others ;)

Leandro Jardim 02 March 2021 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 1466779)

Yes, it's related! I installed the BETA version on top of an old version (4.2.1), and I have DirectX 9 installed. The old version works well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1466780)
I know... just doing what I usually do, helping others ;)

Thank you, you are my friend too. ;)

Toni Wilen 02 March 2021 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leandro Jardim (Post 1466789)
Yes, it's related! I installed the BETA version on top of an old version (4.2.1), and I have DirectX 9 installed.

Read the first post again. Must always test with previous official version.
Both D3D9 and D3D11 are supported in Win7SP1.

Then, if it still happens, attach logs as usual. Following the rules reduces unnecessary noise.

btw, I wouldn't call copying executable as "installing" :)

DamienD 11 March 2021 12:28

Hi Toni,

I upgraded to the latest WinUAE for "Platoon [American Laser Games]" ;)

Just tested Quake (clickBOOM/PXL) and it crashes / exits WinUAE completely after launching.

Logs and .DMP file now in The Zone!

DamienD 11 March 2021 12:43

Sorry Toni, you can ignore the above.

Tested with this and no crashes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 1463920)

Toni Wilen 11 March 2021 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1469351)
Hi Toni,

I upgraded to the latest WinUAE for "Platoon [American Laser Games]" ;)

Just tested Quake (clickBOOM/PXL) and it crashes / exits WinUAE completely after launching.

Logs and .DMP file now in The Zone!

Dumps from unofficial betas are useless and as long as previous official beta works fine, there is not much do. It could real bug or just temporary bug because of not completed changes.

DamienD 12 March 2021 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 1469423)
Dumps from unofficial betas are useless and as long as previous official beta works fine, there is not much do. It could real bug or just temporary bug because of not completed changes.

Yup, realised that after posting. Hence why I then tested with b17 ;)

hexaae 17 March 2021 15:33

Problems remapping keys/buttons with b16 and b17: what's shown in the GUI sometimes is not working, and you may have to open GUI and press OK twice to make them work, but it also seems to delete previous remaps if you try to change something else later ont... quite buggy...

Toni Wilen 17 March 2021 16:25

Uh.. Right. Not enough information? There lots of ways to change mappings so some step by step instructions are required. No config related changes in last two betas.

--

Quick status info: Bitplane emulation rewrite based on schematics is finally starting. I have found technical explanation for all (or at least almost all) undocumented features, both OCS and ECS/AGA. I'll write technical details later.

hexaae 17 March 2021 16:49

Ok, it's hard to explain a step by step repro path... I'll try to make a video or finally report detailed instructions.
I've noticed this once I tried to add as 2nd remap list for port2=Joystick (attached my Hori Fighting Stick Mini) some buttons to P, Space, Return for some games... Once I returned in game they didn't work, or WinUAE forgot some others secondary remapped assigned keys I had previously set etc. then I noticed those apparently disappeared remaps did show up again in the GUI after I scrolled up/dow etc. a mess to explain