English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   News (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   AmiSSL Released (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=96430)

AMIGASYSTEM 04 July 2019 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angus (Post 1330713)

Only when I try to access a site like Gmail, AWeb tells me I need AmiSSL installed. :-/

Any clues? Thanks :-)

You've done something wrong, if you want to fix it quickly I can help you, delete everything you have installed, AmiSSL folder, Assigns and prefs (setenv).

I attach an Archive, you just have to copy the folders in their respective paths and add in the user-startup what you find in the file "Copy txt content in your- User-Startup.txt".

After this reboot you will be able to access all the HTTPS sites supported by the Browser

AmiSSL-Config

Angus 05 July 2019 11:29

Many thanks - I've downloaded the archive and will report back when I've installed it on the Amiga. :-)

Angus 05 July 2019 12:13

Well, this is odd - I got exactly the same result. :-/

I've been trying to get on to Gmail, and I also found a SSL check browser site. I just get the

You need AmiSSL or the Miami security thing to access this site.

I'm using a 3.1 system, which I've not added much to. Some files like the installer I needed to replace, are there more files like this that you have assumed I would have already installed, maybe?

AMIGASYSTEM 05 July 2019 12:25

You probably didn't delete your old data, or you didn't copy my data to the right Directories

I tested my archive on my OS 3.1 and everything worked, see screenshots

Angus 05 July 2019 21:13

I'm sure I followed your instructions, apart from instead of deleting my existing AmiSSL directory I renamed it to XXXAmiSSL.

If I type AmiSSL: into a shell, I get:

DH0:Internet/

If I then type DIR, I get
certs (dir)
libs (dir)
private (dir)
usercerts (dir)
amissl.doc amissl.doc.info
openssl openssl.cnf
openssl.doc openssl.doc.info

I assume that is all correct? The 2 env files are in prefs/env-archive/amissl/ And the AmiSSL drawer in the internet directory is the same size as the one from your archive: 19841767 bytes.

So if I have copied it all over correctly, could something in my system be causing the problem?

AMIGASYSTEM 05 July 2019 21:47

If you send me your system in private I can examine it and find the problem ;)

Angus 05 July 2019 22:03

Very amusing. Does that conclude your help?

AMIGASYSTEM 05 July 2019 22:18

You said you did everything, I can assure you that others solved it with my method, so I know where you might have got it wrong.

Angus 05 July 2019 23:04

You mean you don't know?

I'm certainly capable of making mistakes, but I noticed that your initial instructions in this thread are (as far as I can tell) incorrect regarding the setenv save:

Run the command "setenv save AmiSSL/SSL_CLIENT_VERSION tls1"

Which I don't think will work on a 3.1 system.

I didn't say I did everything, but I tried to tell you what I had done, and what I'd confirmed. I hoped for a more constructive response than the one you supplied. I've been trying to get this working for some time now, so just telling me I've done something wrong, and making light of it, is actually quite annoying.

AMIGASYSTEM 05 July 2019 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angus (Post 1330901)
Which I don't think will work on a 3.1 system.

Yes, in fact "setenv command" is not supported by OS 3.1, we have said it several times here on EAB, HERE an example of the user "Overmann" who solved using my archive (more complex because there is an extra commandp in the User-startup used by netSurf)

AMIGASYSTEM 06 July 2019 00:17

Created a video showing how to apply the data from my archive, HTTPS on OS 3.1 works regularly after copying the data.

Test Video - AmiSSL Config

Angus 06 July 2019 21:00

That's good of you to provide that, and speaking as somebody who does make mistakes, I noticed that you made one when you pasted the assigns into the user-startup, unless there is an Amiga command named "Endi". :-)

Angus 06 July 2019 21:07

I'm really struggling to get AmiSSL working on my OS3.1 system. It is entirely possible I have done something stupid, but I'm lost to know what.

I wondered if I might have polluted my 3.1 system by inadvertently copying across something from my 3.9 system that might be causing AmiSSL to fail in 3.1 because the 3.9 item will not function in 3.1.

Does that sound plausible? Any suggestions for likely culprits, and can I distinguish between 3.1 and 3.9 by version numbers?

AMIGASYSTEM 06 July 2019 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angus (Post 1331028)
That's good of you to provide that, and speaking as somebody who does make mistakes, I noticed that you made one when you pasted the assigns into the user-startup, unless there is an Amiga command named "Endi". :-)

It's not about mistakes it was the fault of the copy-paste that did not catch the "F" EndIF, then the hurry and some problem to my old eyes did the rest.
In any case "Endi" is a command to close script that does not affect anything, the command works anyway.

Mixing OS 3.1 with 3.9 won't solve anything, as said in your system there is something old or duplicate that creates some conflict, I advised you to send me in private your system to find the cause but you didn't like it.

Leandro Jardim 06 July 2019 21:56

Reset the emulated Amiga and after this, open an AmigaShell and enter the following command:

Code:

Assign LIBS: AMISSL:Libs ADD
Now launch AWeb and see if it is working now...

If it is working, the only thing do you need to do is to append that command to "user-startup".

AMIGASYSTEM 06 July 2019 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leandro Jardim (Post 1331040)
Reset the emulated Amiga and after this, open an AmigaShell and enter the following command:

Code:

Assign LIBS: AMISSL:Libs ADD
Now launch AWeb and see if it is working now...

Leandro Jardim that command is already present in the user-statup that I sent to Angus:

;BEGIN AmiSSL
Assign AmiSSL: "SYS:Internet/AmiSSL"
If Exists AmiSSL:Libs
Assign LIBS: AmiSSL:Libs ADD
EndIf
Path AmiSSL: ADD
;END AmiSSL

AMIGASYSTEM 06 July 2019 23:30

@Angus
Re-made the video, now it should be easier to follow

EzdineG 07 July 2019 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM (Post 1331048)
@Angus
Re-made the video, now it should be easier to follow

Thank you for this!

P.S. Love the music :)

AMIGASYSTEM 07 July 2019 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by EzdineG (Post 1331125)

P.S. Love the music :)

Music Good Boy "Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass", Jubox music from the 60s, i was there ;)

Angus 07 July 2019 20:57

I have had some success. I deleted all the AmiSSL stuff I could find and then installed AmiSSL 3.6. No change there but Snoopdos mentioned it couldn't find AmiSSL.library. I hunted through the installations for this and found it in AmiSSL 1.1. Once that was put in Libs: I stopped getting the NO AmiSSL or MiamiSSL installed requester. I still didn't get to the site, but this was progress. :-)

Then I installed AmiSSL 4 over the existing stuff and finally installed Amigasystem's archive over that. I can now at least get on to the youtube site, but as yet I can't access Gmail. Is that possible, with IBrowse 2.4?