English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Amiga scene (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Amibay help can I please register with Amibay (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=79668)

davideo 20 July 2017 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by brigand (Post 1172355)
@davideo I have the same issue my username is "brigand" on amibay. Could you please have a look? I've twice wrote a msg to admin@amibay but never got a reply.

Your registration has also been cleared.

Thank you for your patience.

Predshaw 14 August 2017 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by davideo (Post 1172787)
Your registration has also been cleared.

Thank you for your patience.

@davideo I seem to be having the same issue as the previous 2 members with amibay, my username is predshaw, would you mind having a look for me? Have emailed admin a couple of times.

Cheers

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

davideo 14 August 2017 23:07

@Predshaw

PM sent for additional information

LoneWolf 18 December 2017 20:50

another Amiga fan and follower here that also having issues with the registration, Got Banned immediately after registering :banghead

IP Geolocation doesn't always work because for example I travel a lot due to work then obviously my IP address will change due to connecting on different locations BUT my email server have its own IP and its geolocation and will be different than the one I used during the time of registration.

@davideo I will really appreciate any advice on this.

Thanks in advance

davideo 18 December 2017 22:37

@LoneWolf

PM on the way

Update:

Registration cleared after a short PM exchange.

BitAnnihilator 17 June 2018 21:29

@davideo I'm having the same issue as well, got banned right after registering for an unknown reason, username is the same as on here. I've tried emailing admin a couple times and heard nothing back. Would you be able to give me a hand?

Thanks!

davideo 17 June 2018 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by BitAnnihilator (Post 1248957)
@davideo I'm having the same issue as well, got banned right after registering for an unknown reason, username is the same as on here. I've tried emailing admin a couple times and heard nothing back. Would you be able to give me a hand?

Thanks!

PM on the way

TheImp 24 June 2018 16:31

@davideo I have the same problem. Username TheImp

Lähetetty minun ONEPLUS A5000 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

davideo 24 June 2018 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheImp (Post 1250279)
@davideo I have the same problem. Username TheImp

Lähetetty minun ONEPLUS A5000 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

PM on the way

DamienD 24 June 2018 20:37

davideo to the rescue yet again!!! :great

davideo 24 June 2018 23:01

As far as registrations go - I have the easy part by dealing with these queries.

The other Mods and Admins deal with the influx of daily registrations because as I'm quite willing to admit I don't fully understand the process so I leave it to them ;)

ItsTheSmell 20 July 2018 09:53

Amibay

I joined Amibay on wednesday and the next day I got an email saying theyd banned me but didnt explain why. I emailed admin to ask them and not had a reply. Im baffled as to why they have done this. Does anyone know why they do it?

trixster 20 July 2018 11:01

It seems to be an on-going problem unfortunately, maybe to do with ip address not matching location or something like that. They should get back in touch soon. I know a few of the moderators there and they’re a good bunch so I doubt it’s something serious.

HelloBeautiful 20 July 2018 13:07

I think it's the smell.

ItsTheSmell 20 July 2018 15:13

I had my VPN on which id forgotten about, and I had trouble registering because I thought the D.O.B was optional so left it blank.

discigabi 26 July 2018 22:28

@davideo, could you help me please?
I have the same problem (amibay reg failed... no one responses my emails...) username: discigabi.

Thanks in advance

davideo 26 July 2018 22:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by discigabi (Post 1256869)
@davideo, could you help me please?
I have the same problem (amibay reg failed... no one responses my emails...) username: discigabi.

Thanks in advance

PM on the way.

ItsTheSmell 31 July 2018 00:32

So its been over 10 days since Amibay banned me and still Ive not heard from them. I think its wrong that they will ban you without an explanation. Must be a cowboy operation.

DamienD 31 July 2018 00:42

...then you should probably PM davideo pointing to this thread; he seems to be the only active Amibay person here on EAB and will get things sorted :agree

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelloBeautiful (Post 1255525)
I think it's the smell.

ROFL :lol :lol :lol

Sorry, couldn't help it... bad choice of username though really...

@ItsTheSmell; you should really change this... PM or e-mail RCK for this to happen :agree

ItsTheSmell 31 July 2018 00:46

LOL: dont judge books by covers. :-)