English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.GameBase Amiga (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   GameBase Amiga v1.6 released (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=37669)

Arnie 12 July 2008 18:25

Has anyone got on to the elowar site today, I`m getting a 404 error ??

EDIT: never mind just opened, bit slow today !!!

eLowar 12 July 2008 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arnie (Post 433364)
Has anyone got on to the elowar site today, I`m getting a 404 error ??

Hmm, where (URL) do you get that error? I had a quick look and it's loading okay for me (at least everywhere I clicked).

Arnie 13 July 2008 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by eLowar (Post 433365)
Hmm, where (URL) do you get that error? I had a quick look and it's loading okay for me (at least everywhere I clicked).

Ah well you see you don`t live in over subscribed, throttled, broadband Britain...........:spin

NewDeli 23 July 2008 11:58

Screenshot pack & GBplayer

@AAG : Thanks, I'll check that GBplayer add-on which really seems promising, and shall report about it :great .

EDIT : checked, downloaded, installed it with the lookup plugins (HoL & LemonAmiga)
-> A nice addition to GBA, I pm'd AAG about it.
Can be set up in a few minutes without risking to mess up one's file. Go for it !

I added a few screenshots to Gamebase Amiga when it was still in v1.5 phase. So I felt like offering you a homemade pack. I checked v1.6 additional screenshots, they shouldn't overlap. The pack includes a list of newly illustrated games.

Will add screenshots for about 20 (or so) more games in the next pack, if that's OK with you.

Belgarath 23 July 2008 20:17

No thank you, as I said last time I cannot and will not use pics taken from other sites, then there's the fact they all vary in quality and format...

Please do not do this again, and I strongly advise no one else to use this pack either or you will end up with messed up files.

NewDeli 24 July 2008 01:00

My mistake, I thought some GBA users might not be willing to wait for a new version, when they have the ability/will to add those missing "extras" by themselves, especially after they're done with reuniting the whole Database.
I do think GBA a great project, by the way...

I shall move the pack back to my web site (the ReadMe already specifies it being "at your own risk"), since you don't like the idea of it :o .

Edit : DONE, thanks for your cooperation.

krutknut 11 August 2008 18:26

What a great update to an already fantastic Gamebase! Thank's for sharing!!

I think that Belgarath should get some culture prize for this effort.

Nekto 29 July 2009 12:35

While Gamebase Amiga home site is not fully functional, you may find 1.6 needed files by this request in google: "gamebase amiga tosec".

Hercules 30 July 2009 22:42

Hello all

After all the help you guys gave me in this thread with getting Gamebase up and running, here is the result. Gamebase running on my homebrew arcade machine:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeCeB...e=channel_page

... Demonstrations of Shadow of The Beast and R-Type II are in the video.

Hope you like :-)

Retroplay 09 March 2010 22:45

Does anybody have all the GameBase Amiga v1.6 dat files for clrmame ?

AAG 22 April 2010 21:58

3 Attachment(s)
These are the versions I have found on my old hd - hope they help?

Retroplay 22 April 2010 22:53

Thank you. :)

butfluffy 15 December 2014 21:34

sorry to bump an old thread but i downloaded the amiga gamebase v1.6 adf pack because it looks so much cleaner than tosec and appears to have only working game versions but i did notice that the version of spellbound dizzy & panic dizzy is the version cracked by fairlight.
in the tosec collection this same game is called dizzy's excellent adventures d2, now ia while back i played the fairlight cracked version and it is broken, the game breaks just after you collect the rubber snorkel. however the version cracked by flashtro does not crash and is completable.
it got me thinking that using only the amiga gamebase for my adf collection may be a mistake because maybe other bad cracked games were selected for the package.
i guess thats a potential problem with having only one version of a game included. every game would have to be completed to verify that the crack is good.
for the most part the gamebase collection appears to be fantastic though fair play.