English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Diablo III (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=37637)

Anubis 30 June 2008 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid (Post 429264)
I think 'moderator' :p

Yep Diablo 2 is not bad, but you need the Lord of Destrcution addon :great However it has not the creepy atmosphere of the first one :(
You should really try it Anubis :agree

No, he is modernator, same as Arny is gevernator. :cheese

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid (Post 429264)
If you don't mind the dated (2d) graphics, and you like real time rpgs, then go out and buy it today (don't forget the expansion)! Simply one of the best games I've ever played.

If I don't like 2d graphics, I wouldn't be here. :cheese

Online play is something I do try to avoid. It takes too much time to play imho. :( Is there a single player mode??

Shoonay 30 June 2008 20:47

What worries me with D3 is the gameplay video.
It's... too common :/
Like R-N noticed, a bit of Titan Quest, a bit like Frater.
Normality.
Too normal for a blizzard game.
Oh, well, 87634863 patches before the release-to-public version and 3893879623487 more after that and it's as playable as... all the playable games in the world in one ;)

No, really, I'm a big blizzard-team fan since The Lost Vikings, so ignore me ranting, I do have faith in them! :)

At least the teaser is so phacking awesomely teasingly cool! :cool
... definitely better then the wtf teaser from Fallout3... ... ...

Anubis 30 June 2008 20:59

That reminds me of StarCraft screen shots before they released the game. It looked like WarCraft II clone. (Still it is, but at least it looks a bit different :p )

gimbal 30 June 2008 21:00

Diablo 2 USED to be really cool, until they unbalanced it with patch 1.10. After that the game simply wasn't the same anymore, only the "cookie cutter" builds would really work and if you want to survive the hell difficulty you need uber gear, which you will not find so quickly.

Still, even with patch 1.10 I had a lot of fun playing it, until Guild Wars hit the market :)

Quote:

What worries me with D3 is the gameplay video.
It's... too common :/
well it is an early gameplay video, that was clearly hacked for show and tell purposes. I do not think that mana will regenerate so quickly in the real game, nor that enemies will fall so easily. Otherwise why would you need a team if you can swat hundreds of enemies that easily with only one barbarian?

I really like the way you can use the environment as a trap, I miss that in most RPGs, especially online ones.

Shoonay 30 June 2008 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anubis (Post 429281)
That reminds me of StarCraft screen shots before they released the game. It looked like WarCraft II clone.

lol, you mean those early purple/red/brown ones that looked EXACTLY like warcraft 2, with the same interface but that strange vomitty-shitty palette? ;)
god damn, those were ugly :lol

---=== EDITED ===---
Found on Google Images:

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/1...raft961ev0.jpg

Anubis 30 June 2008 21:20

Yes, those were the ones. :)

Final product wasn't that ugly. :D :great

oneshotdead 01 July 2008 03:35

Bah, Diablo

the grit, the goth of the first was lost in the second, especially with that stupid jungle area.

Diablo 3 currently looks glossy, not gritty. They may change it yet.
But I'll still play it, anyway.

coze 01 July 2008 06:54

well, looks nice but I ask myself, do I have two years to spend on this shite ? after all it's same kill tha monsta, find the magickal stuff, kill the big monsta kind of thing. naah I wanna chase some boobies while I still can :)

spajdr 01 July 2008 07:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by coze (Post 429415)
well, looks nice but I ask myself, do I have two years to spend on this shite ? after all it's same kill tha monsta, find the magickal stuff, kill the big monsta kind of thing. naah I wanna chase some boobies while I still can :)

Also graphic have too much colors for my taste, should be more dark, gothic like second diablo was :)

MazinKaesar 01 July 2008 09:58

Diablo 1 was nice, 2 was too long. Anyway, I preferared the 1 even because it was ported on Playstation and you can paly with joypad as any good action game. I will play Diablo 3 only if it will be available on a console with a joypad too. Anyway, there so much good clones around and really I don't fell any need of Diablo3. :)

Thorham 01 July 2008 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anubis (Post 429273)
Is there a single player mode??

Yes, there is, and it's much more fun then online play, in my oppinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gimbal (Post 429282)
Diablo 2 USED to be really cool, until they unbalanced it with patch 1.10. After that the game simply wasn't the same anymore, only the "cookie cutter" builds would really work and if you want to survive the hell difficulty you need uber gear, which you will not find so quickly.

If you don't like 1.10+, reinstall the game, and update to 1.09 (1.09d is on the expansion cd), and play single player only. There are good reasons to stick to single player, so I'd try that, if I were you.

gimbal 01 July 2008 22:53

No, D2 is only fun to me in multiplayer. Otherwise it is exactly as D3 was described in this thread, "kill tha monsta, find the magickal stuff, kill the big monsta kind of thing". That alone is not enough at all, I need the player interaction and cooperation.

Ironclaw 01 July 2008 22:54

xx-03-10

TCD 01 July 2008 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironclaw (Post 429848)
xx-03-10

Release date? :confused

Retro-Nerd 01 July 2008 22:58

I'm addicted to Diablo cos i like like collecting "unique" items and this click-click-enemy death feeling. I don't care about multiplayer action. I hope the new game has a decent single player campaign.

gimbal 01 July 2008 23:03

Play Dungeon Siege 2 then, millions of enemies to swat through and hundreds of items to find :)

Retro-Nerd 01 July 2008 23:06

I solved Dungeon Siege 1 , probably enough. I will try to start a new Titan Quest session, one day. :)

TCD 01 July 2008 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by gimbal (Post 429861)
Play Dungeon Siege 2 then, millions of enemies to swat through and hundreds of items to find :)

...and boring as hell ;)
The good thing about D2 is that you get at least a random (boring ;)) map to do that 'clicky-clicky-urgh-treasure graby' thing :D I think if the guys responsible for D3 are smart enough there will be both : a good single player story part and a nice group hack 'n slay multiplayer part :agree

Ironclaw 01 July 2008 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid (Post 429852)
Release date? :confused

A rough estimated date given by Diablo fans in another forum, BIG forum.

TCD 01 July 2008 23:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironclaw (Post 429872)
A rough estimated date given by Diablo fans in another forum, BIG forum.

Okay, nearly two more years :(
So the screens are just teasers and the actual game will look quite different. I hope they don't decide to make it another WoW clone :shocked