English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   request.Apps (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Photon video Cel animator - Microillusions. (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=59688)

Supamax 13 July 2011 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by prowler (Post 766587)
Still, it's better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all. :)

Absolutely :agree

cosmicfrog 13 July 2011 23:16

+1

I have check`d the stuff I got on my HDD but its not there, lets hope someone els finds this disk

prowler 13 July 2011 23:16

Thanks for posting here, my friends! :great

I was beginning to think that no-one was reading this thread any more. ;)

Supamax 13 July 2011 23:18

It's always interesting to read you when you're working on some floppies :):great

DDNI 16 July 2011 16:02

Sorry for my absence, was without internet this past week - Holidays in Donegal don't ya know.

I am hugely pleased with this progress! Many thanks. I will take a look at Prowlers handiwork later!

DDNI 16 July 2011 18:56

Hi the errors about a corrupt frame 16 were seen with WinUAE.

So using Prowlers .adf images and my real A1200 Blizzard 030 mkIII, I got the anim to run in it's entirety.
Initially, I loaded the anim using the Photon Cel animator itself. However Dopus "show" worked too.
There are very prevalent errors in the anim after post frame 16. The frames after 16 do play, but the HAM fringing is very corrupted.

I have been in discussion with Werner Randelshofer the owner of this fabulous site and the author of Mulitishow.
He has purchased a new set of genuine Photon Cel Animator disks. He is sending these to me for me to dump!

Multishow - a windows and mac app plays all Amiga animations. It plays the angel.anim, but with the same corrupt frames.

prowler 16 July 2011 23:53

Hi DDNI,

It certainly paid off contacting Werner Randelshofer. Well done! :)

I found his website in connection with an iff animation I extracted from a Quarterback archive a while ago, and so that was the first place I looked for an intact copy of the Angel animation, but to no avail.

I completely missed Multishow! :shocked I have since installed it and now, for the first time, I am able to see the frames following the damaged one. I'm surprised that any program is able to show these frames at all, and that's quite an accomplishment! :great However, it appears that the player never fully recovers from the missing frame, and that's only to be expected, but it's what causes the corruption you can see.

Let's hope the disks can be dumped without errors, but even partial dumps may be sufficient to restore the existing disk images.

It's quite common for disk images you may find online to have the unused blocks zeroed out. This saves server space by shrinking the size of the compressed images, but does nothing to ensure the validity of the files. Unfortunately, the existing CEL Animator images have many of the unused blocks zeroed out, and this will provide an opportunity to correct that, if we're lucky.

And after all the work I have done on this, I'm eagerly looking forward to see this animation in its entirety. :spin

DDNI 18 July 2011 18:14

Right, I got the disks from Walter!
The angel.anim is on Art disk 2!
The file is intact!
I have imaged the disks and sent them to Walter.
He will put the anim on his site!
I thought it polite to ask him if I can share the .adf files here. He may want it on his site first...
Thanks to all that helped with this search. It was a long one!!!!

cosmicfrog 18 July 2011 18:21

\o/

Well done DDNI, I am very glad you have finaly tracked this down :)

DDNI 18 July 2011 23:55

Hi all,

The Angel.anim is now up on Walter Randelshofer's site!!!
http://www.randelshofer.ch/animation...ngel.anim.html

It is slightly shorter than if viewed using the Photon Cell Animator program, as some frames are not reused as they are in the native app.

I have also uploaded to the zone, the .adf files, the angel.anim and a readme of the whole search!
How can we get these disks labelled correctly and added to TOSEC?

prowler 19 July 2011 00:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDNI (Post 767768)
Hi all,

The Angel.anim is now up on Walter Randelshofer's site!!!

http://www.randelshofer.ch/animation...ngel.anim.html

It is slightly shorter than if viewed using the Photon Cell Animator program, as some frames are not reused as they are in the native app.

Yes, the CEL Animator program plays the frames in the order 1-12, then 1-26 (as revealed by the Angel.ord file).

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDNI (Post 767768)
I have also uploaded to the zone, the .adf files, the angel.anim and a readme of the whole search!

Great work, DDNI! :great

XDelusion 06 August 2011 13:20

Woops, just uploaded this one again. Didn't find it through the search. Oh well. ;)

prowler 06 August 2011 14:10

You can never have too many uploads of rare stuff like this! :)

(Didn't find it, though. ;))

XDelusion 06 August 2011 14:11

It may not have made it past the mods if it was already upped. I do agree though, we can never have a shortage of rare stuff! ;)

TCD 06 August 2011 14:17

It's in 'App/Archive' on the file server, but I guess that one should be in disk too... :blased :D

XDelusion 06 August 2011 14:23

Aghhh ha!! :)

BTW, that Search Engine never works for me.

TCD 06 August 2011 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by XDelusion (Post 771311)
Aghhh ha!! :)

I assume that's a 'yes'? ;)

XDelusion 06 August 2011 22:15

Correct, that's where it should be, though I should have included the Angel Anim with the archive rather than uploading it separately. Is it possible for you to fix that per chance?

Thanks!

TCD 06 August 2011 23:36

Okay, I have a look tomorrow. If I forget to do it, please remind me ;)

prowler 07 August 2011 00:38

Hey, that archive on the EAB server already includes the Angel animation files! :agree