English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   News (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ModExplorer V1.0 OS3/OS4/MOS (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=84317)

AMIGASYSTEM 30 October 2016 00:38

I had already found those links, since they are talking about an older version (V0.9a) I have dwelt. :bash

Retrofan 30 October 2016 00:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM (Post 1119472)
I had already found those links, since they are talking about an older version (V0.9a) I have dwelt. :bash

The one he posts in post 374 is also the old version? That post is from 2 days ago.

AMIGASYSTEM 30 October 2016 01:14

Quote:

The main problem I see is that it doesn't close using Plananarama.
Simply use the button ESC of keyboard :D

Installed version AGA, as recommended by the readme of Plananarama use old render.library 3.1 written in 68k assembler.

Retrofan 30 October 2016 09:05

Yes, I use that library too. Maybe I didn't find how to display those windows, but I had them finally.

The problem is to close it with the "X" in the top right.

Thanks, it closes right with Esc, I didn't know.

AMIGASYSTEM 30 October 2016 09:11

I do not know why does not close on "AGA" maybe it is a problem due to the graphics, on AFA OS tab X works :spin

AMIGASYSTEM 30 October 2016 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retrofan (Post 1119501)

Thanks, it closes right with Esc, I didn't know.

If you want you can also adapt the old SKIN WinAMP, Amplifer AmigaAMP :D

honx 30 October 2016 21:33

4 Attachment(s)
now i installed aiss, codesets, muiroyale and its dependencies mcc_texteditor and mcc_thebar.
but mui interface of modexplorer is missing all its icons. see attached screenshot for details.
do i also need this hollywood thingamajigs? but this is expensive (€99,00). does it run on os3?
and if i select station aminet or modules.pl, "unknown command" loop starts, i have to reboot.
see second attached screenshot.

//edit: sorry, accidently got v0.9, in v1.0 "unknown command" loop only if i select modules.pl.
station aminet works, but it opens an empty console window. see third attached screenshot.
how can i make scrollbars look prettier, like in visualprefs (see fourth attached screenshot)?

btw. this aiss installation took ages! even with jit enabled!

AMIGASYSTEM 30 October 2016 23:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by honx (Post 1119611)
now i installed aiss, codesets, muiroyale and its dependencies mcc_texteditor and mcc_thebar.
but mui interface of modexplorer is missing all its icons.

I have not had this problem, can you tell how you solved, this might help those who have the same problem ;)

Quote:

but it opens an empty console window.
I did not even have this problem, how did the console output, You pressed a few buttons?

SvladJelly 31 October 2016 08:44

I have this working on A1200 / aca1233n 030

Man, there was a ton of stuff to install to get this working, but I finally have streaming mods on my Amiga. Thank you! Great beta! Wish it were coded in Amiga assembler though... :-D ;-D

honx 31 October 2016 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM (Post 1119639)
I have not had this problem, can you tell how you solved, this might help those who have the same problem ;)

I did not even have this problem, how did the console output, You pressed a few buttons?

i already mentioned what the problem was: i accidently used version 0.9 instead of version 1.0 of modexplorer.
after i replaced this old version 0.9 by the recent version 1.0, most of the problems have vanished automatic.
only station modules.pl still crashes on select. console widow on station aminet stays clear, whatever i click.
and it stays open, even after i quit modexplorer. i have to close this window by myself.

AMIGASYSTEM 31 October 2016 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by honx (Post 1119700)
i already mentioned what the problem was: i accidently used version 0.9 instead of version 1.0 of modexplorer.
after i replaced this old version 0.9 by the recent version 1.0, most of the problems have vanished automatic.

I do not think it was to solve the problem, "all its icons" They are visible on both 0.9 that1.0 (v0.9 It has the problem "empty console window"), i attach screenshot exhaustive.

honx 31 October 2016 13:50

fact is: had missing icons when i used 0.9 (attached screenshot earlier post).
after i kicked v0.9 from harddrive and used v1.0, i had no more missing icons.
don't know what could have happened else. so don't know any other solution.
have this empty console window now in 1.0, when station aminet is selected.

AMIGASYSTEM 31 October 2016 14:40

No, all icons are also seen with version 0.9. I do not think he installed ModExplore 1.0, the screenshots of your GUI is old it belongs to version 0.9. ModExplore v1.0 It has a different GUI, you can see the comparison on my last screenshot linked above.

honx 31 October 2016 14:50

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM (Post 1119738)
screenshots of your GUI is old it belongs to version 0.9. ModExplore v1.0 It has a different GUI, you can see the comparison on my last screenshot linked above.

see attachment, nothing else to say. one picture says more than thousand words...

AMIGASYSTEM 31 October 2016 18:09

Is your installed version is the 1.0, if it is not the other, you have the old GUI v0.9, you have installed the latest version of AISS 4.21 :)

honx 31 October 2016 18:35

modexplorer 1.0 as you seen in about window, aiss 4.21 is installed also.

AMIGASYSTEM 01 November 2016 11:10

Discovered the mystery, there are around three different versions of ModExplorer, all have a different GUI-MUI. Although from the "About" show all the version 1.0, executables (all) however still show the version 0.9, see screenshot :spin

In the screenshot of the GUI-MUI (numbered 3-2) seem to work OS3.x (Only AFA OS and probably AmiKit)

honx 01 November 2016 11:12

where do i find the real 1.0 version then?

AMIGASYSTEM 01 November 2016 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by honx (Post 1119904)
where do i find the real 1.0 version then?

All three are apparently 1.0, the newest should be the one linked above, THIS, Today there is no more, it has been replaced with THIS new v0.9 :D

Now I try this too and see what has changed :shocked

AMIGASYSTEM 01 November 2016 11:50

Found Update done today v0.9 :shocked

01.10.2016 ModExplorer update

Innovation in this version are:
- Fixed a lot of bugs
- The GUI was easily redesigned. It is now somewhat more compact and should
(With corresponding MUI settings) also on simple PAL resolutions
Completely fit on the screen. I (Joerg) got her here on 390 * 241 ..
- The ARexx port has been expanded and a small doc explains the commands.
- A button "Last" has been added. If you did not press the button during streaming (where the playlist is not automatically added to new songs), you can go to "Last" to the last downloaded mod.
- The skin GUI has been completely removed. :crying
- In order to reduce download times, there are no executables in the archive. So you can run twice now ...