English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Amiga scene (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A new Indivision AGA in the works? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=93832)

Locutus 11 March 2019 08:23

I have both a OSSC and a Invision AGAmk2 connected to my 4k at the moment. And for games the OSSC is far better.

OSSC -> No tearing or lag, setup is far easier and it resyncs faster on mode switches.

Indivision -> Nice for non-game/demo stuff, i use it with VGA output with a CV64 RTG card so i can switch automatically between them.

I'm keeping the Indivision for the integrated aspect, but if it would be for say a A1200 AGA only setup i would just use the OSSC.

Jope 11 March 2019 08:25

The OSSC is quick to sync to new resolutions, but many displays are still slow. The output resolution follows the input resolution in an OSSC.

If you wish to have a stable output resolution, then the Framemeister is probably your best bet. It is slower to sync than the OSSC though.

Locutus 11 March 2019 09:16

I have one of these AG Neovo CCTV Monitoring screens (17" 1280x1024, supports 15KHz, Composite, SVideo, HDMI, VGA, great retro screen) and its actually very fast to resync by itself.

Difference in end to end resync time is with both Indivision and OSSC on that same monitor.

But yes, good point. if you have some monitor thats slow to resync by itself then the difference between Indivision and OSSC in that aspect might be moot.

-Acid- 11 March 2019 23:16

Where did you guys buy your OSSC's from?

512k 11 March 2019 23:25

One uk seller is videogameperfection NOT IN STOCK right now

https://www.videogameperfection.com/...rce-converter/

nlandas 31 March 2019 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Signman (Post 1262196)
Whatever happened to the amiga reloaded or some such venture?

It sure seems like it's not happening after others came up with other replacement board prototypes but Jens is the only one who can speak authoritatively. Though I've read elsewhere that he was still working on it. So

nlandas 31 March 2019 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overmann (Post 1262225)
From what I've been told the new indivision won't see the light of day until Q4 2018 at the earliest, so there is no doubt that individual computers will release other products before the new, redesigned indivision.

I've signed up for notification should the new product be released. I really hope Jens finds a way through all the current nonsense going on. He adds so much to this hobby and it'd be a shame to see him go.

Budda 04 April 2019 16:43

I did a search on AliExpress for OSSC and there's quite a few vendors selling them. Has anyone ever bought one of these off AliExpress, are these the real thing?

I've only ever bought low priced stuff off the site to avoid any import duties.

StingerHU 26 May 2019 00:01

Up! Jens, do U have any news regarding of this next gen Aga mk3 one ?

demolition 26 May 2019 04:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budda (Post 1314634)
I did a search on AliExpress for OSSC and there's quite a few vendors selling them. Has anyone ever bought one of these off AliExpress, are these the real thing?

I don't know those specifically, but OSSC is open source (hardware and firmware) and free for anyone to replicate and manufacture. But I would be surprised if anyone would be able to make them significantly cheaper without cutting corners like using lower quality components or simplifying the design.

RoC 26 May 2019 10:14

A new Indivision AGA in the works?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budda (Post 1314634)

I've only ever bought low priced stuff off the site to avoid any import duties.

I am late in replying, however yes on AliExpress is the real thing.

I paid approx. 130 euro that includes OSSC, remote, PSU and shipment to the EU. The only drawback is that you should wait a month for the delivery (not an issue for me, but worth mentioning)

Back on topic, look forward to a new Indivision AGA if Jens would ever release it.

Moreover, a new batch (even without improvements) for the CD32 would be welcome

-Acid- 26 May 2019 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoC (Post 1323754)
Moreover, a new batch (even without improvements) for the CD32 would be welcome

I second this motion!

Lord Aga 26 May 2019 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoC (Post 1323754)
I am late in replying, however yes on AliExpress is the real thing.

I paid approx. 130 euro that includes OSSC, remote, PSU and shipment to the EU. The only drawback is that you should wait a month for the delivery (not an issue for me, but worth mentioning)

That's cool! Even if it is a bit surprising.
What revision is it? Is it 1.6 with an extra 3.5mm audio input?
What about firmware, is it up to date?

RoC 30 May 2019 20:33

Yeah it is the Rev 1.6 with two audio plugs ( I guess you mean those next to the HDMI, one to the right and one to the left)

It looks well-built and the sticker says that was manufactured in Jan 2019

Lord Aga 31 May 2019 10:08

Thanks man, that's good to know! I was very skeptical towards the Ali OSSCs. Turns out they are the real deal.
Thank you for taking the plunge :)

Pyromania 22 February 2020 15:45

What new feature would a new Indivision bring?