English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Amiga websites reviews (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Amigagames and Total-EMU down (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=35975)

Sensi 17 June 2008 20:17

:crying
I want amigagames.com, please, please, happy happy please. At least some kind of backup, there is a plenty of useful informations.

EmuChicken 18 June 2008 16:51

seconded!!!

mihcael 19 June 2008 17:46

Looks like there is still hope for amigagames.... Bit of inside info

Quote:

As far as I know Hellion is working on an update. He has to update www.amigagames.com because his provider upgraded the server software. By which the site became (very) buggy. Hopefully it will be available soon after the EC football in Switzerland/Austria is finished ;-)
Thanks to Dr.Zarkov!!!

So whats EC and when is it finishing??

Graham Humphrey 19 June 2008 18:03

The European Championships finish on June 29th so not that long to wait (hopefully) ;)

Sensi 26 June 2008 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by mihcael (Post 424968)
As far as I know Hellion is working on an update. He has to update www.amigagames.com because his provider upgraded the server software. By which the site became (very) buggy. Hopefully it will be available soon after the EC football in Switzerland/Austria is finished ;-)

:bowdown

mihcael 26 June 2008 14:40

Good news indeed, not too long now..... :scream

T_hairy_bootson 26 June 2008 14:56

Yup cant wait to see the return of the 4 posts a month on Amigagames.com...

mihcael 26 June 2008 17:45

@ THB

If we made post like your previous one we could probably boost that upto around 6-7 a month!! ;)

J.Tramiel 28 June 2008 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by T_hairy_bootson (Post 427669)
Yup cant wait to see the return of the 4 posts a month on Amigagames.com...

Well it's Quality not Quantity that matters.

Any gimp can spam a message board.

linesmachine 28 June 2008 22:00

Nice to see the AG boys defending themselves.

Maybe AG didn't have the greatest content as a website. Maybe it didn't have a billion members, and maybe the shoutbox didn't make much sense to everybody else. But for me it was the best site on the net coz of the good hard core who posted there.

I'm so glad to hear the news from Mihcael that it may be just delayed in its return.

I truly hope to see you there soon guys.

killergorilla 28 June 2008 22:14

Wow, everyone's popping up :)

EmuChicken 02 July 2008 10:51

.... 2 months over schedule... dangit! :-(

Amigagames, hellion, cmoooonn XD

edit: I hope the board wasn't completely deleted... theres some things that I really want to have kept up... the "Drunk Topic" anyone ? ;):D:p

T_hairy_bootson 02 July 2008 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.Tramiel (Post 428497)
Well it's Quality not Quantity that matters.

Any gimp can spam a message board.

I've seen the quality of your posts on AG.com. :D

mihcael 04 July 2008 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmuChicken (Post 429956)
.... 2 months over schedule... dangit! :-(

Amigagames, hellion, cmoooonn XD

edit: I hope the board wasn't completely deleted... theres some things that I really want to have kept up... the "Drunk Topic" anyone ? ;):D:p

I really miss that Drunk Topic, nearly 3 months without a drink... I dont know how much longer i can last!!! :crazy

killergorilla 05 July 2008 11:41

I feel sick.

linesmachine 10 July 2008 21:22

I feel the same guys, what's the use in getting smashed if you can't stagger through a bleary eyed pre puke post? I have fond mammaries of squinting coz I couldnt focus properly and cursing my apparently swollen clumsy fingers on the key board.

Please Hellion, if it' a case of funds then....well, ask Emu coz the Yen is very strong at the moment ;).

mihcael 11 July 2008 04:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by linesmachine (Post 432694)
I feel the same guys, what's the use in getting smashed if you can't stagger through a bleary eyed pre puke post? I have fond mammaries of squinting coz I couldnt focus properly and cursing my apparently swollen clumsy fingers on the key board.

Please Hellion, if it' a case of funds then....well, ask Emu coz the Yen is very strong at the moment ;).

I'm fond of Mammaries too, but i dont find that they effect my vision (my eyes do glaze over a little, but thats to be expected ;) )

Paul_s 11 July 2008 14:32

The end of the world is nigh :sad

J.Tramiel 16 July 2008 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by T_hairy_bootson (Post 429986)
I've seen the quality of your posts on AG.com. :D

Meaning?

What is wrong with offering sensible help and advice to fellow members???

I just checked out a load of your 'witty' single line posts and I must say that - people who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones.

(your first message on this very thread is a prime example of your 'quality')

killergorilla 17 July 2008 01:15

Chill out mate, he was kidding!

Stop being so childish!