English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Amiga Launcher need a volunteers (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=60426)

synchro 09 August 2011 03:21

Ok No worries..i wont ask again....but

Just a quick question though....if i added on the webpage something like

I CONFIRM I ALREADY OWN THE ROMS INCLUDED IN THIS LAUNCHER AND AM LEGALLY DOWNLOADING IT

then unless you tick a box and agree you wont be able to download it.

Is that still a no ? only asking because 99% of us here do own amigas

If not then like i said i wont post about it again..

PS i deleted the other link in my other thread as well

Kitty 09 August 2011 03:39

People will just say they own them regardless.
Easiest thing to do is not include the copyrighted material and include a readme saying what files they need to run it but obviously not where to find them.
Anyone in the know will know where to get the said files.
Personally though I wouldnt even use this launcher myself there's nothing wrong with winuae and classic workbench imo.

synchro 09 August 2011 04:40

Quote:

there's nothing wrong with winuae and classic workbench imo
No nothing at all !! if it wasnt for them the launcher wouldnt work... the idea was to install....point and click and play....no setup required

Quote:

People will just say they own them regardless.
Ye probably like the " yes i am 18 years of age" on violent game websites ... It just makes it legal thats all

TCD 09 August 2011 08:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by synchro (Post 771734)
I CONFIRM I ALREADY OWN THE ROMS INCLUDED IN THIS LAUNCHER AND AM LEGALLY DOWNLOADING IT

then unless you tick a box and agree you wont be able to download it.

Is that still a no ? only asking because 99% of us here do own amigas

You would still offer copyrighted material. So, it's of course still a no.

PaulyQ 09 August 2011 13:07

would the free/legal AROS rom do the job instead of the offending rom??

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=56211

Bamiga2002 09 August 2011 13:55

Just google 'em romz imagez! :)

PaulyQ 09 August 2011 16:03

@Bamiga2002....

the idea is so that the installer/launcher is all-in-one and there is no farting about for the end user.

Didn't bloodwych do something similar with Amiga Tribute II ??

Bamiga2002 09 August 2011 16:17

€PaulyQ
Yes i know idea of this launcher and AGAIN a nice project is niffed down due to the infamous kickstart-issue. I doubt the AROS-kick is going to fix this right now at its current state, but surely it will evolve :). We just have to wait and support the AROS development for 68k.

PaulyQ 09 August 2011 16:29

@Bamiga2002....

agreed.

"We just have to wait and support the AROS development for 68k"

again... agree with you 100% mate, shame that KS after all this time is still proving to be a stumbling block for innovation and invention.

Ezrec 09 August 2011 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulyQ (Post 771811)
@Bamiga2002....

agreed.

"We just have to wait and support the AROS development for 68k"

again... agree with you 100% mate, shame that KS after all this time is still proving to be a stumbling block for innovation and invention.

Uh.. What exactly do you need?

PaulyQ 10 August 2011 20:14

Quote:

Uh.. What exactly do you need?
KS Roms to be open source and free to distribute would be a good start!

Lurch666 10 August 2011 20:24

is there an easy way of letting people put their own kickstart roms in so they don't have to be part of the download?I know it's stopping it from being install and play but having to point to a kickstart rom on my own computer is better than no launcher at all.

synchro 13 August 2011 01:14

Quote:

Didn't bloodwych do something similar with Amiga Tribute II ??
Na i made thats as well .....Tribute 1 and tribute 2... Nobody seemed to worry about that one..Tribute 2 was multiboot it works on the old black Xbox as well..( Modded of course) The only one of its kind....Back then i literally posted everyone a DVD

PaulyQ 13 August 2011 01:18

re: DVD.... Sent to me I thinks :)

Still use that DVD on both the XB and current PC, dunno why I thought it was Bloodwych?

As you say, didn't seem to cause a stir a few years ago with regards to KS roms

DDNI 13 August 2011 11:13

yup 'tis a shame that since then, certain individuals have caused holy hell about packs with roms in them.

I really appreciate Synchros efforts. I fondly remember receiving a Tribute DVD too.

Retrofan 13 August 2011 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by synchro (Post 771740)
... the idea was to install....point and click and play....no setup required

I don't see so difficult if you leave an empty folder and you only give the instruction to put there the roms. I've already got Amiga Forever to get them.

synchro 13 August 2011 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retrofan (Post 772397)
I don't see so difficult if you leave an empty folder and you only give the instruction to put there the roms. I've already got Amiga Forever to get them.

Ye im gonna relook at it and see what i can do....The problem really stems from people selling stuff with the roms in...My stuff has always been free...in fact its cost me a fair bit over the years.

I wish commodore USA had bought the rights at the same time they bought the name....Im sure they would just have let project builders use them as long as there was no charge :(

Retrofan 08 January 2012 23:43

It's been some months. I think you've just added it to your web, but I've just tried it in Windows 7 64bits and it wasn't running fine.

http://www.lastninjachronicles.co.uk/WEBPAD/amiga.html

msantos 08 January 2012 23:50

win7 64 bits. works fine in my computer.

Retrofan 09 January 2012 16:35

Ok, it works perfect now. All what it was needing was Null Filter...;) :bowdown
Now it only needs some icon like the Commodore or Snes ones.
Excellent job.