English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Average age of EAB members (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=4229)

Fissuras 17 April 2002 19:15

Quote:

Originally posted by fiath

I owned a ZX81 - but I am 25... :)

How did it happen? Heritage (or inheritance)?

Fissuras 17 April 2002 19:24

Quote:

Originally posted by Drake1009
I owned a C64 with a ZX81 emulator on it. Does that count?? :D

Actually I think I recall my dad and brother playing around with something resembling a ZX81.

Do you remember any sound? if you do, it wasn't a ZX81 :D
well, my younger brother also played a lot with the TK85 (the brazilian clone of ZX81). Too bad you were not given a chance...

Traquer 17 April 2002 19:41

im 17, everyone is soooo old! lol

RCK 17 April 2002 19:59

24 soon

EAB's members, don't miss the birthdate field into your usercp !

blackcornflake 17 April 2002 20:07

Good point, RCK. I was wondering about that myself. Snooping at peeps' Profiles reveals a whole lot of N/A's!

:confused

Maybe half the membership are ethereal beings on a different plane of existence.

Ian 17 April 2002 22:05

Those that don't put their ages in are too ashamed to admit they are really that old;)

BTW, I'm 24, I'm quasi-old:D

Hey, RCK, is there any chance of you doning something with the database to find out what the average age really is.

Yes, I know you very busy, maybe you could put it on your to-do list, right there under world domination, erm sorry, wrong forum:laughing

ethylene 17 April 2002 22:10

twenty-four

veinte y quatro

ni ju yon

XXIV

0001 1000

18H

enough... :nervous

minded 17 April 2002 22:49

16 in about 8 months.

Drake1009 17 April 2002 23:04

Fissuras : Do you remember any sound? if you do, it wasn't a ZX81

Don't remember sound. Remember game like thing, white screen with black either graphics or characters on.

Quote:

Originally posted by blackcornflake
Good point, RCK. I was wondering about that myself. Snooping at peeps' Profiles reveals a whole lot of N/A's!

:confused

Maybe half the membership are ethereal beings on a different plane of existence.

Ssssch don't blow our cover.

RCK 17 April 2002 23:36

Quote:

Originally posted by Ian
Hey, RCK, is there any chance of you doning something with the database to find out what the average age really is.
the problem here is that some members use fake birthday, so stats will be wrong. :(

Shatterhand 18 April 2002 05:24

I'll be 19 next tuesday (April 23th ) .

I thought I was the younger guy here, good to know I am not :)

I am 19 years old , but I have like 30 years in gaming experience, and I can beat anyone, be in skill or knowledge (he he he)

Miggy2TheMax 18 April 2002 07:30

23, I notice in the graph we can see a big
chunk of ppl within 20-30, defintely most ppl in this group "grew up" with the amiga!

I wonder if in 10years time if the majority of users here will be 30-40? That will be a bit of shame... not only would that mean that we would be 10 years older :D but the general amiga following would be getting older... time will tell!

RocketMack 18 April 2002 07:37

You guys have probably heard me say this before, but anyway I'm 50 years old.

Believe me, you'll never outgrow this hobby...:bounce

Drake1009 18 April 2002 07:47

Quote:

Originally posted by Miggy2TheMax
23, I notice in the graph we can see a big
chunk of ppl within 20-30, defintely most ppl in this group "grew up" with the amiga!

I'm 20 so in the category you defined I'm just in. And I didn't grow up with the Amiga. I grew up with the C64. A couple of friends had an Amiga, but I wasn't the one growing up with it.

CodyJarrett 18 April 2002 08:33

Damn - judging by some of the things I've read on the EAB, I was sure that you were all about 6 years old!

Miggy2TheMax 18 April 2002 09:36

Quote:

Originally posted by CodyJarrett
Damn - judging by some of the things I've read on the EAB, I was sure that you were all about 6 years old!

Ahhh. Cody, Cody, Cody .. there is a simple explanation to that, its all the nostalgia and memories that cause us to rewind into a mental state of a 6 year old... And dont we love it :D

fiath 18 April 2002 12:54

Quote:

Originally posted by fissuras

How did it happen? Heritage (or inheritance)?

Neither - I was too poor to own a speccy or C64 ;)

I actually owned a ZX80 first (which I still have) - but later "upgraded" to the ZX81 as I could add a 16Kb RAM pack.

Of course again later - I had to go back to the ZX80 because actually typing anything on the RAM pack enabled ZX81 crashed it. What a piece of crap that was (with the RAM pack & crashing)

fiath 18 April 2002 12:55

Errm... What happens if you are 51 ?

:)

Steve 18 April 2002 13:44

Quote:

Originally posted by fiath
Errm... What happens if you are 51 ?

:)

Yes Yes ok. :D

I noticed the SMALL flaw in the poll after I'd posted it. As I said I nicked it from the Lemon64 site so it's really their flaw not mine. I should probably have checked it first. Anyway the last option should be read as 51 and over (obviously). :)

Chuckles 18 April 2002 16:20

Quote:

Originally posted by RocketMack
You guys have probably heard me say this before, but anyway I'm 50 years old.

Believe me, you'll never outgrow this hobby...:bounce

Bless you, RocketMack! I'm 46 myself, and was feeling really ancient when I answered the poll and found I was the only one (at the time) on this end of the spectrum. Now I no longer feel ancient - merely "chronologically gifted". ;)