English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   News (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   RESHOOT - A1200,4000 & CD³² - Pre-Order (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=83557)

Predseda 26 July 2016 14:06

I do not like games that cannot be completed :(

Quote:

fondriesete
By the way, how many levels there?

RESHOOT
RESHOOT is an endless-shooter, so its not structured into conventional levels.

Asman 26 July 2016 14:26

@DamienD
Thanks for link for hard drive version.

I played a bit and I don't see any parallax in this demo ?
Is this demo is differ then final product ?
I thought that demo should show best level to convince me to buy product.

In this demo I see glitches on latest WinUAE (030 configuration) and game slow downs when ship died.

So Is it demo version or some early working version ?

viddi 26 July 2016 14:42

This old demo is obsolete. Check out the new trailer. The game works fine even on the CD³² and has parallax scrolling.

hipoonios 26 July 2016 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by vulture (Post 1102973)
Congratulations for finishing the project. Will there be a cheaper download edition at some point?

Nice to see someone else also just wants this. Not all people are collectors of boxed games!

And I think the game is a bit too expensive. Last year you could buy Sqrxz 3 in a quality box with extras for just €9 ;) So lower the price to at least the half and give us a download version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predseda (Post 1102998)
I do not like games that cannot be completed :(

Me too :/ Now I'm definitely not going to buy this :sad

SteveUK 27 July 2016 02:07

A new amiga game that runs on the cd32?
Count me in. Pre-order complete :)

invent 27 July 2016 02:17

I would like to point out that the palette for background and enemies are shared (8 colours). Generally 4 colours for background and colours 5 to 8 are collision colours :)

Quick reference below :)

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xneiKIgK9...ot_palette.png

For those keen to see what they can do with this design specification I would love to see your results and maybe be included in the RESHOOT (remix/sequel ;))

I can highly recommend working with Richard, very professional.

Tsak 27 July 2016 03:26

Congratulations for the release guys!

@invent: are you involved with the project?

Selur 27 July 2016 03:30

If I understood ..
4 colors for background and 8 shared colors for all objects?
So that's mean that whole game is in 8 colors. Thats really few. :rolleyes
What about colors of player sprite?

Predseda 27 July 2016 07:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selur (Post 1103118)
If I understood ..
4 colors for background and 8 shared colors for all objects?
So that's mean that whole game is in 8 colors. Thats really few. :rolleyes
What about colors of player sprite?

Maybe a CGA conversion is planned? ;)

viddi 27 July 2016 09:56

Guys, the game has a lot of transparency effects. ;)

utri007 27 July 2016 12:46

Graphics looks nice.!

I'm not a box collector, so every box I ever get goes to bin. Will there be a digital / download version of game?

invent 27 July 2016 13:47

Hi Tsak, yes part of the Reshoot team :)
Hi Selur, the player has its own 16 colour palette and some of those colours are shared for various bullets. Also transparency effects as mentioned by Viddi ;)

DamienD 27 July 2016 14:10

As others have said; I would also be interested in a digital / download version of game :agree

eXeler0 27 July 2016 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd (Post 1102982)
I don't like Bullet Hell shmups. Yes, the graphic style is indeed a deal breaker. AGA graphics in IREM/SNK style would have been interesting to see on my A1200. So, i hope Dan Scott's new Amiga shmup is more appealing then.

First of all, thanx for all the hard work! How many new games do we get these days...
Now..
Ive said this before several times, I don't like the gfx look either and wished it was mod-able.. However, all that takes a lot of coding effort.

My advice to quickly fix the dithered look of graphics, simply convert all original assets to use a 8-bit grayscale, voila.. 24-bit look
At least it could be an option in the game. Very little work for the coder, mostly the GFX guy would need to spend small amount of time to convert the graphics. :cool

Neil79 27 July 2016 17:50

I have no problems with the graphics, it looks like a decent enough game... But I just can't stand that music ;)

Amiga1992 27 July 2016 18:04

Everyone is an artist/coder/game designer/critic. :rolleyes
Go make your own games, or tell me all about how supporting lackluster, poorly-made games that run and look like ZX Spectrum shovelware helps the Amiga scene in any way, and how slashing this one out helps out too.

Of course I'm not telling anyone to go buy anything released just because it is for Amiga, actually the opposite. I welcome selective support. But a lot of the "standards" I see here are counter-intuitive and contradicting.

Whoever thought this kinda warez can be sold for 35 euros though, well, I'm not sure about that.
Commodore 64 cartridges sold on RGCD costs about the same, and that's proper vintage, custom hardware being made for them, and usually has non standard hard shell boxes, posters, stickers and more goodies in the box.

CD-ROM is an easily replicated medium that can be packed in cases that can be bought anywhere.

Havie 27 July 2016 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akira (Post 1103202)
Everyone is an artist/coder/game designer/critic. :rolleyes
Go make your own games, or tell me all about how supporting lackluster, poorly-made games that run and look like ZX Spectrum shovelware helps the Amiga scene in any way, and how slashing this one out helps out too.

Of course I'm not telling anyone to go buy anything released just because it is for Amiga, actually the opposite. I welcome selective support. But a lot of the "standards" I see here are counter-intuitive and contradicting.

Whoever thought this kinda warez can be sold for 35 euros though, well, I'm not sure about that.
Commodore 64 cartridges sold on RGCD costs about the same, and that's proper vintage, custom hardware being made for them, and usually has non standard hard shell boxes, posters, stickers and more goodies in the box.

CD-ROM is an easily replicated medium that can be packed in cases that can be bought anywhere.

Not wishing to inflame the situation but:

http://www.ares-shop.de/product_info...0ifi2tbnesj4a0

which is a backbone game as far as I know.

Retro1234 27 July 2016 18:44

It does seem strange that you want to put your hands in your pockets for a low quality game but then complain when you get something of a lot higher quality:confused

(talking about reshoot - higher quality - not that other game )

hipoonios 27 July 2016 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1103169)
As others have said; I would also be interested in a digital / download version of game

Then we are 4 so far who want this :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Havie (Post 1103205)
Not wishing to inflame the situation but:

http://www.ares-shop.de/product_info...0ifi2tbnesj4a0

which is a backbone game as far as I know.

That is another game (Projekt - Lila) you are linking to. I actually wanted to buy a digital/download copy of this even if it is a Backbone game. But to do so, you need to install a Appstore on your computer. The problem is that the website that is hosting the app is broken. And even if it had worked, you have to pay the full price of the boxed version! It would be better if they released the digital version at the same time as the boxed version to a reduced price. Same goes for RESHOOT.

I asked Viddi if I could buy the game directly from him instead. But he said he is not allowed too sell copies on his own. He made the game for the ARES store.

Adrian Browne 28 July 2016 04:33

Yeah, not a fan of the graphics but I bet it will play well enough- bit steep with the pricing, if it had nicer graphics I'd accept the price.Still might buy a copy to support Richard, he did say the same engine could be used for a sequel or other games- a sequel or other games is what interests me.