English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Amiga scene (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is a new AmigaOne coming? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=49932)

cosmicfrog 03 January 2010 12:20

the WTF still stands for me as well

Paul_s 03 January 2010 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by mihcael (Post 630316)

photoshop :p

mihcael 03 January 2010 12:38

if you goto http://a-eon.com/4.html you can click on it an guess what sort of cpu it is!!

if you respond with,
freescale|motorola|ibm|amcc|pasemi|p.a. semi|xilinx

you get "It's a PowerPC CPU, if that's what you're driving at."

these
cell|kilocore|xenon|gekko|broadway|blue gene

you get "Does that seem likely?"

and
titan|e600|8641D|8640D|QorIQ|P2020|p4080|pa6t|970mp|83290|pwrficient

you get "Ooooh you're so smart you'll cut yourself. But we still ain't telling. Sorry, we'd love to. Can't. It's quite a story, actually..."

viddi 03 January 2010 12:42

Ahhhh!

And now type in "jens"...

-> Interesting guess. Come back tomorrow and we'll talk about custom chips...

:D

Paul_s 03 January 2010 12:42

I don't get it though. They know people have been messed about with within the Amiga community for the past 10 - 13 years. We have had enough!

I'm all for new hardware and would love an OS4 rig just to be different but I can't be bothered if they are going to play games. I am on the verge of having a mental breakdown with the lens which went pop in my CD32... Now this :crying

Top 5 annoying amiga things (of all time!);

1) Vaporware
2) Capacitors
3) Barrell Batteries
4) Amiga.Inc
5) Bill fcuking McEwen

gilgamesh 03 January 2010 21:11

xena. -> "You know way too much..." :nuts

hit 03 January 2010 21:30

the "jens" idea came to my mind, when they said "custom chips". wasnt individual working on a fpga/vhdl aga emulation?
maybe a partnership of hyperion & J. Schoenfeld, offering "next gen amiga" and good old aga-compatibility - both in one device.

tonyyeb 03 January 2010 21:37

Whether you like this kind of marketing or not, it seems to have everyone on AmigaWorld.net going nuts... which I know isn't that difficult to do but they are in a complete frenzy.

gilgamesh 03 January 2010 21:39

The custom chip is called Xena. That "Interesting guess" stuff is the default answer for the second chip. Somebody says that he has spotted a FPGA on th board, though.

hit 03 January 2010 21:55

in combination with the xorro slot for 680x0/88x based boards (improving legacy machine emulation) it would fit nicely :)

Edit: @next posting: BGA is just the package type.

Merlin 03 January 2010 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilgamesh (Post 630498)
The custom chip is called Xena. That "Interesting guess" stuff is the default answer for the second chip. Somebody says that he has spotted a FPGA on th board, though.

Erm, yeah; it's towards the top right of that picture posted earlier and it didn't take a detective like Sherlock Holmes to work that one out....I think it's actually a BGA, not an FPGA, although I stand to be corrected.

Merlin 03 January 2010 22:08

Also, 5.1 sound and USB everything doesn't bode well for backwards compatibility; I don't see any PS/2 mouse or keyboard connectors, so keyboard emulation is going to be tricky for 68k games etc. 4 x SATA, a possible CF slot along with Ethernet may prove interesting for file transfers though.

trackah123 03 January 2010 23:54

I think a-eon.com stands for A=Amiga / eon=One..

"Amiga One" also look at this picture.

http://a-eon.com/gfx/hidden.png

Could be a Multicore PowerPC CPU.

Now for the stuff i found that could be or could not be related at all :
I just tried to make something out of all these clues and riddles.

Guru Meditation numbers is HEX code i think
4E:45:4D:4F -> NEMO

Word ENIGMA could be from amiga demo "enigma" in that demo you see 1 line called "Firefox and TIP" hence the word Firefox (browser?)

then again Enigma in greek means "riddle?" and eon "forever?"

Then earlier i found this website which could mean something or just totally not?

http://moobunny.dreamhosters.com/cgi...a/167323.shtml

Quote:

On Monday, Dec 21, 2009, jorkany wrote:
> Cool announcement, bro.
>

Better put on your sunglasses bro, the announcement is about to set the
world on fire... the apple will tremble, the microsoft will shiver and
the linux will just evaporate into thin air upon impact.
Oh, wait..
I forgot my medication.

merry xmass

hit 04 January 2010 00:08

you are right trackah. just in case you missed that, here is a little summary of what has been found yet: http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/...order=0#529508 two cpu types/models have been found as possibility.

klx300r 04 January 2010 00:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilgamesh (Post 630184)
WTF? Is this considered to be a joke or something? :crazy

WTF is right :agree..crazy shit man:great

klx300r 04 January 2010 00:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by viddi (Post 630326)
Ahhhh!
And now type in "jens"...
-> Interesting guess. Come back tomorrow and we'll talk about custom chips...

:D

type in most anything and that repsonse comes up;)

klx300r 04 January 2010 02:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd (Post 630192)
I wish they would remove the "Amiga" name once and for all in products like this. :rolleyes

what:nuts...they won the bloody court case and now own the rights to it :agree..I wish commodore would have removed their assocation with the Amiga back in the day so that all the mess that happened after their bankruoptcy would'nt have happened:mad

Vairn 04 January 2010 03:56

Oh yay, more expensive "amiga" hardware that will collect dust.

I have my A1200 PPC tower of awesomeness, and that is its main task in life atm.

Is it just me, or is the idea of another amiga clone, something which isn't needed?

Whats the point these days of spending 500 euro, or whatever the price tag of this will be? I mean nostalgia and all that is good. But I don't see a business model for this?
Maybe I am just sick of the vapourware, of these projects hehe.

IMHO if Amiga OS 4.x was made to work on intel hardware, then I will be interested.

AROS is looking better all the time, with a lot of thanks to Icaros Desktop.

Amithlon was one of the best Amiga Emulators, for non-games. but alas, it is no more.

For old games, Winuae, or my own port of Uae4all to my ipod Touch does enough for me, pity Apple wont let me release it onto app store :(.

I just don't think AmigaOS as an OS, is worth it for a machine by itself, but tied with Windows or MacOSX, or Linux. Or running on a NetBook. Then I will be excited. :D
My 0.02c

Oscar Castillo 04 January 2010 06:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by viddi (Post 630317)
What kind of CPU might that be?

Based solely on some text in a Javascript file I saw a code 970MP, which were the last batch of PowerPCs in the PowerMac G5.

viddi 04 January 2010 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by klx300r (Post 630571)
type in most anything and that repsonse comes up;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar Castillo (Post 630596)
Based solely on some text in a Javascript file I saw a code 970MP, which were the last batch of PowerPCs in the PowerMac G5.

Yep, already noticed that. ;)