English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   request.Demos (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Ok this is a long shot ... (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=17977)

Kitty 26 October 2008 23:49

omg!!! thankyou so much hipoonios you are a star!!!!!
thanks to everyone elses help on this :D
I just did a quick run on winuae just to check and its the exact demo!!! I'm so happy right now :)

I will be transfering this back to floppy later to play it the way it was meant to be viewed!!
Thanks again you made my day ;)

TCD 26 October 2008 23:54

Yay, another demo found :spin Good to hear it's what you were searching for Kiitty :)

DH 27 October 2008 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retroplay (Post 471458)
the music had some "jungle drums" (if that's the right word) playing and it must have been 93-94

Ah! I've got a Mod file that starts with jungle drums 'n' then goes into a kind of flutey sort of thing before the major music kicks in. When I find it I'll search for which demo it came from, that's if it's the right one ;)

I believe the demo pic had a jungle theme to it with a rather busty girl standing in some bushes or jungle leaves. Hmm I may be thinking of a cracktro, but I'll try 'n' find out :)

OddbOd 27 October 2008 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonHellraiser (Post 471656)
I believe the demo pic had a jungle theme to it with a rather busty girl standing in some bushes or jungle leaves. Hmm I may be thinking of a cracktro, but I'll try 'n' find out :)

Hmm that sounds familiar, is it this by any chance?

Retroplay 27 October 2008 21:21

Well well well, what do ya know..
By pure coincidence I stumbled upon the demo I was looking for.
It's Extension by Pygmy Projects.
It's not exactly how I remember it, but it's the one. :)

TCD 27 October 2008 21:31

At least you found it ;) Sometimes it's just good to talk about it... :D

DH 27 October 2008 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by OddbOd (Post 471671)
Hmm that sounds familiar, is it this by any chance?

Sorry, but no. Vixen is a game 'n' this was definitely a demo or cracktro but I can't remember which.

Damn I've been searching for that music for ages 'n' I can't bleeding find it, I know it's on the comp somewhere :banghead

@Retroplay
Congrats, you found it 'n' now I cant find what I'm looking for, anyone remember the name of the mod or demo/cracktro, it would make me sooooo happy :spin

DH 27 October 2008 22:54

Found it, it's Dream Off (MCO) the Mod that is :)

Ah! A Skid Row Cracktro but I'm sure there was another one few groups that used the same mod.

mrbob2 27 October 2008 23:44

damn you guys are good!

DH 28 October 2008 00:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbob2 (Post 471748)
damn you guys are good!

Only doing a service ;) If you want something so bad, as TCD said, it's just good to talk about it 'n' usually you'll find it or someone else will :)