English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Demos (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ode to Ramon 1 by The Digital Force - Unreadable scroller (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=91872)

StingRay 19 April 2018 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagikGimp (Post 1235638)
  1. :crazy Still can't get it to work. I truly must be incompetent :nervous. Which setting did you change exactly? The one under CPU Emulation Speed? :help This causes WinUAE to run at a crawl with anything graphics intensive but interestingly once the demo launches (under WHDLoad) the CPU meter is no longer permanently at 100%. Which is nice. :spin

The "Cycle-exact" checkbox can be found in the "Hardware->Chipset" settings. It needs to be enabled for the scroller to be displayed correctly.

Quote:

Did you have time to finish repacking the demo with the new bugfixes yet? The relevant people will need to be informed Santa's come early! :xmas
I've updated both (Ode to Ramon 1 and 2) music disks and the updated patches can already be found on the WHDLoad site. :)

MagikGimp 19 April 2018 15:18

FINALLY!
So it was old configs that were to blame after all. I guess on our modern machines there's no excuse to not have that option selected at all times nowadays. Thanks again StingRay!
Case closed.

Mad-Matt 19 April 2018 17:58

You can put some global settings in your whdload prefs file in order to make the environment more compatible for the games/demos, and then return the system back to normal when you quit.

I renamed the command "uae-configuration" to "uae" to make it simpler to type and for when whdload had a maximum character limit on the below lines.

ExecutePostDisk=C:UAE cpu_speed real cpu_memory_cycle_exact true cycle_exact memory
ExecuteCleanup=C:UAE cpu_speed max cpu_memory_cycle_exact false cycle_exact false

MagikGimp 20 April 2018 01:16

Hi, thanks for this. Seems very handy but I don't have either "uae-configuration" or "uae" in my C: folder on any of my emulated setups so I get a ReturnCode=10 DosError=205 dialogue. What am I missing here? I know very little about AmigaOS I'm afraid. I appreciate the help!

MagikGimp 20 April 2018 14:20

Ah, found it in the User drawer of my ClassicWB install. But then again, it's so light I don't need to have exact cycles turned off anyway. This setup has everything you could need! Fantastic stuff. @Bloodwych ;D Fool me for not using it sooner. I didn't realise it was still being updated and just assumed it was the same files from years back.

Also, couldn't help noticing a few posts have been deleted since last night... I get the feeling this spat has been going on for a while. None of my business! ;P

StingRay 20 April 2018 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagikGimp (Post 1235949)
Also, couldn't help noticing a few posts have been deleted since last night... I get the feeling this spat has been going on for a while. None of my business! ;P

No spat at all. And no deleted posts either, the off-topic postings have been moved to a separate thread (thanks Damien! :) )

DamienD 20 April 2018 14:55

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by StingRay (Post 1235952)
No spat at all. And no deleted posts either, the off-topic postings have been moved to a separate thread (thanks Damien! :) )

Exactly, see this thread: Questions related to WHDLoad, modifying code and original files...

MagikGimp 29 April 2018 00:41

Me again. Continuing from where I left off as I never got around to trying out your advice Matt.
Quote:

Ah, found it in the User drawer of my ClassicWB install.

No I didn't. uae-control is in there, and I can't read. uae-configuraton, that's in the Amiga Programs folder in your WinUAE directory; along with uae-control actually.
Still what you said Matt doesn't seem to work any more i.e. with the newer builds(?). I even tried using the commands (uncommenting the last lines) in WHDLoad-Startup and WHDLoad-Cleanup instead (which seem to perform a similar task) also to no avail. It is running at "real" speed as I can see the WHD-Load intro dialogue appear slower but I'm presuming it must be doing it as I was attempting to originally (see 1st page of this thread), which we know now doesn't work.
So any advice, people? Am I right in my assumptions? Are these indeed depreciated now? Going into F12 and changing the switches manually does work. Many thanks, as always.