English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.Amiga File Server (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Cleanup 2022/2023 (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=112584)

NeoHippie2016 11 December 2022 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCD (Post 1580519)
First real milestone update: Magazine scans have been gathered and cleaned up.

Have a look here: http://ftp2.grandis.nu/turran/FTP/Co...ans/Magazines/

GREAT! :great

TCD 11 December 2022 18:09

Next (smaller) update: https://ftp2.grandis.nu/turran/FTP/N.../AmigaCD/Game/

Images have been checked against TOSEC and redump. I'll do the same for the applications, but for the collections folder... I think I'll leave it for now ;) Unless somebody has some remarks if stuff should be moved.

TCD 14 December 2022 10:07

AmigaCD folder (except for collections) is now cleaned up. Still need to check the Cover CD against TOSEC (will do this at a later date), but the rest should be unique now.

chip 14 December 2022 12:11

Thanks for taking the time to cleanup the ftp :p

TCD 14 December 2022 12:26

It got a bit messy over the years... Hopefully will be easier to find things from now on :)

chip 14 December 2022 14:14

Surely it will be better than before ! :cool

TCD 14 December 2022 16:24

CD32 and CDTV folders also cleaned up. Next up: Coverdisks...

hitm4n 14 December 2022 18:34

Its all good, and when using the search, hopefully wont get 50 results of the same thing.

TCD 14 December 2022 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitm4n (Post 1581742)
Its all good, and when using the search, hopefully wont get 50 results of the same thing.

That's the plan :)

TCD 21 December 2022 13:48

'/Collection/Coverdisk' has been cleaned up. Lots of duplicates removed.

kremiso 22 December 2022 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCD (Post 1583319)
'/Collection/Coverdisk' has been cleaned up. Lots of duplicates removed.

thank you for the massive work also there :)

what's the correct 'procedure' to find a specific coverdisk on ftp?
ie, just typing Amiga Action 54 on the search bar, lead me to these Tosec matches, but the links lead to nothing :

Tosec coverdisks example

in general, seems that all the matches that start with
/TOSEC/Coverdisks/Commodore Amiga - Coverdisks - [ADF]/

are not working? is it something on my side?

TCD 22 December 2022 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by kremiso (Post 1583603)
are not working? is it something on my side?

It's not on your side. Seems like Turran needs to have a look at that one. The file is there (just tried it using FileZilla). I'll let Turran know on Monday if he hasn't seen this thread until then.

In general the way to search/browse for anything (including coverdisks) is to check TOSEC and then if it isn't in TOSEC check the other folders (in this case '/Collection/Coverdisk').

Turran 22 December 2022 16:46

See it. Taking a look =)

Edit: Its the # in the filename that the browser does not like when making a link to it.. Google time

Edit2: All fixed I hope. Replace # with %23 in the link presented (Still looks like # for you).
Also changed a few other things. Previously, if it was not a file, it guessed it was a directory and showed a link to that folder. But the file/folder might actually be gone and the search database has not yet updated. So it now also checks if it is a directory and shows a link to that dir if so.
If its neither a file or a folder, it shows the result as text with the added "(DELETED?)" after it.

Thanks for the report!

TCD 23 December 2022 00:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turran (Post 1583620)
Edit2: All fixed I hope. Replace # with %23 in the link presented (Still looks like # for you).

Works here again :great

kremiso 23 December 2022 21:47

many thanks for the quick fix, i'll be back 100% on ftp then :great

TCD 28 December 2022 16:14

If a file is available on the server and there is a upload of the same file to the zone, should the file be kept in the zone backup folder on the server? I hope this isn't too hard to understand :nervous

Turran 28 December 2022 16:54

I vote no to that. Most users, as far as I know, search for the file anyway so no reason to keep it in The Zone backup as well..

Also, is anyone interested in keeping older version of GameBase Amiga?
/GameBase Amiga 2/Amiga 2.1
/GameBase Amiga 2/Amiga 2.3

Lots of dupes between them and I kinda want to delete 2.1 unless anyone has any reason to keep it.

kremiso 28 December 2022 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turran (Post 1585032)
...Also, is anyone interested in keeping older version of GameBase Amiga?
/GameBase Amiga 2/Amiga 2.1
/GameBase Amiga 2/Amiga 2.3

Lots of dupes between them and I kinda want to delete 2.1 unless anyone has any reason to keep it.

i could be wrong, but when i have tested the entire ipf set recently, i have noticed the lack of some sps disks in the GB2.3, compared to 2.1

cannot remember which specific disks atm, but were some multi disk games, missing the later disks (ie disk3 of 5)

so, yes only for the verified dupes is my opinion :)

Turran 28 December 2022 23:35

Got an explanation from DamienD on this as well. 2.1 is Belgarath's last "Official" version and 2.3 is an unofficial update, so we'll keep both versions.

TCD 29 December 2022 00:51

I might just poke ol' Belg and see if he can make it official :) Just for the sake of making it official ;)