English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Readers wives (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=43172)

prowler 04 March 2009 22:12

Mrs prowler is a TV addict, so doesn't pay me the slightest attention most evenings. :D

Sensi 04 March 2009 22:24

Me and Gimbal have same hobby, no problem here.

I never told any of my 'partners' I play old computer games (I dont play them as much i would like to :(). But I told them about my interest in retro pr0n and buggery.

daznic 04 March 2009 22:40

My wife just remarked that we all must have a "Nerd Gene" that gives us a common love of "Geeky old computers" !!!
I said, yes dear and you have a shopping gene, shoes gene, nagging gene.... in fact so many that they all get crammed up and cause you to have a "Headache" most nights !!! :laughing I love her really !! ( she`s looking )

alexh 04 March 2009 22:49

"Alex... get off that computer and gimme some luvvin'"

Groan... yes mum.

Slayer 04 March 2009 22:52

Hmmm perhaps I'm a little too practical in my older age.

I own the house and I pay for most things, I do things of course together to make things happy etc and worthwhile for a relationship (otherwise why the hell bother, the single life IS the only way to live, trust me :) )

But the bottom line is, If you don't like it you can always leave.

hmmm, no connection with the alias SLAY-HER ;)

edit:

a little more history, in the younger days I used to think a relationship was everything etc and everything else was secondary. As I've gotten older over the years and realised people aren't as honest and commited as I was I slowly starting understanding why people were so practical and stubborn in there own ways. Now mix that with a little arrogance and a dash of cynical essense and now you get the Slayer of today who says:

If you ever find yourself single and happy, please for the life of anything you hold dearly stay that way. I lived on my own for 3 years and they were the best days of my life. :D

I do of course love my own company and haven't got much time for people, they are generally all the same and value crap in society that I couldn't give one F about. So nothing in common...

Life is a perception and Life is great when all your resources are your own and you are sane and logical and well grounded common sense with just a touch of heart :)

amen, god may have placed me here to help people or lead them but I fight against it most days LOL

jimbob005 04 March 2009 23:54

mrs jimbob looks for them on ebay for me

Loedown 05 March 2009 00:10

1 Attachment(s)
Greetings,
Until yesterday, I had a CDROM, a hard drive and a high density drive sitting on top of the two normal disk drives in my A2000. Then I got creative and put everything away, sort of. Everytime I mention Amiga, I see a little tic in my wife's cheek, she wishes I had a real hobby.

Paul

Rebel-CD32 05 March 2009 01:18

I've been living with my girl for the last six years, and she plays even more retro games than I do, and I play heaps. Together we have turned our garage into the ultimate low-budget retro games room. She even has her statue of The Doctor's robot dog K-9 sitting above the games room TV. We've collected heaps of consoles and Amigas together, and plenty of games for all those systems. Right now, she's playing Kid Chameleon for the Mega Drive. But apart from playing games, she's really keen on making her own retro style games for the Amiga.

We pretty much do everything together and share the same interests, we never get bored, and we love each other forever. She's always encouraging and enthusiastic when I come up with new Amiga ideas, and she really wants to make the Amiga more girl-friendly so she can make more friends who like Amigas too.

I have no idea what I did to get so lucky, but my life was pretty shitty up until I met her. I've had depression most of my life, but these years I've spent with her have been my happiest ever. She doesn't care for shopping, and has a closet full of comic books rather than shoes.

Sorry if it looks like I'm showing off, I have no excuse other than I'm just being honest, and I hope anyone else out there still looking for their perfect girl finds her too.

Rebel-CD32 05 March 2009 01:23

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, she was born on my favourite year, 1985, same year the Amiga came out :)

And she's playing Ristar for the Mega Drive now.

NovaCoder 05 March 2009 02:03

You're lucky Rebel, my girl looks upon my retro hobby with confusion & distain in equal measures ;)

Sensi 05 March 2009 07:12

You are lucky guy Rebel, do you wanna have children? I am curious about their names then :) Guybrush, Ryu, Amiga, Elaine ?

Pyromania 05 March 2009 08:00

My wife does not mind my Amiga passion since I use it to make $.

:great

gimbal 05 March 2009 11:20

I don't have a wife yet, but my girlfriend doesn't really care much about games in general, except the odd DS game. She had some bad experiences with them, especially a former boyfriend who liked to play GTA: San Andreas more than be with her (I have to be careful playing that game...). She does think that my remake projects are cool though, being a dev herself :)

Still, She loves to play games like Mario Kart with me, so it is not all bad :)

DH 05 March 2009 12:01

My wife hates it, she doesn't understand any of it :(

She thinks I'm mad and should do more useful things around the house, I cant understand what she's talking about, what could be more useful than sitting on my backside retro gaming all day long :D and talking to my EAB mates :)

When I first introduced her to computers, the A1200 in 94/95, she totally screwed it up by deleting stuff she didn't think was needed or required :( Took me weeks to put it right 'n' from that day forth, I've kept her away from my computers, unless I supervise her :D

Some people are just not meant to touch computers 'n' my wife's one of them. Hope she never reads this :blased

Sensi 05 March 2009 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by gimbal (Post 519726)
I don't have a wife yet, but my girlfriend doesn't really care much about games in general, except the odd DS game. She had some bad experiences with them, especially a former boyfriend who liked to play GTA: San Andreas more than be with her (I have to be careful playing that game...). She does think that my remake projects are cool though, being a dev herself :)

Still, She loves to play games like Mario Kart with me, so it is not all bad :)

What? You? You, girlfriend? NOOOOOOOOO! I have to buy larger cage.

Yes, girls and women like cute games, they prefer classical 2D arcade games (James Pond or Lollypop would be ideal for them) and dislike games with blood and violence. I remember my highschool mate liked Prince of Persia a lot and hated Doom and DN3D. My friends girlfriend prefers Kings Quest and Heroes Quest (QFG) series and he gave her Blade Runner- adventure on Christmas.

It will be different in next years I guess, computers are standard part of everybodys life.

Predseda 05 March 2009 12:10

My GF tolerates my quickly spreading amiga stuff, but everytime something arrives from ebay (at least one game every 3-4 days), she never forgets to tell something very chilly to my address.

I tried her to enjoy at least Tetrix, but I failed.

PWLM 05 March 2009 12:25

My wife doesn't care, she laughs at how much time I spend doing it and always comes back with 'Half-Life is better than this shite!'

TCD 05 March 2009 12:40

Your wife likes Half-Life? :shocked Now that's an interesting point of view ;)

DH 05 March 2009 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by PWLM (Post 519742)
....she laughs at how much time I spend doing it and always comes back with 'Half-Life is better than this shite!'

:shocked My wife prefers me doing it than retro gaming in general :D

Paradroid90 05 March 2009 12:56

MMMMMMMMMMM Mrs Paradroid90 doesn't really get it lol........Building my office!!!(IE Games Room as we speak). Miggy was sold recently but going the X Amiga and E-UAE route when i can get round to building the Linux Box.

Have my main Gamers power PC rig and a Souped x-box (Thanks Zetty!!!)

When something arrives in the post i get a few moans "What crap have you bought now?????"

But generally very understanding!!!

The closest she will get to retro is Bejeweled or Jewels quest on PC or using her DS

wifeys eh!!!! lol