English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.Amiga Game Factory (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   [WIP] Creeping Me Out! (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=105391)

TCD 15 January 2023 08:12

Looks very good :) The blood particles add a nice touch and the bone popping out when killing zombies is great :D

acidbottle 15 January 2023 09:27

Goes without saying that this is going to be incredible when finished.

Overall feel of the game is looking more polished and the detail is insane. Looking forward to it! :great

Gzegzolka 15 January 2023 09:53

Yeah, with each update it looks better and better.

Mixel 15 January 2023 12:03

Thanks all. :D

I’ve had one person ask why I keep revisiting the same demo, in case that comes up here.. I haven’t really taken any time “out” to make the demo.. The demo (largely, apart from something you won’t see until launch) is the beginning of the game. Generally I’ve been working on much later levels but that means constantly improving stuff. At this stage it seemed like a no-brainer to go back and re release the demo with all the optimisations and things that happened since.

The reason the file size has increased so much is I’m managing the demo from within the main project now instead of spinning it off into its own seperate one. Any further demo releases will be made this way as it’s so much easier to do (and potentially gives me slightly more useful feedback) - releasing demos by removing content was a bit of a house of cards and took a lot of effort, so you’d likely not have seen many (if any!) demo updates.. I still notice things occasionally I fixed “for the demo” which took me months to roll back into the main game, the old way of doing these suuucked.

All good now though. :)

nikosidis 15 January 2023 18:18

Looking very nice Mixel. I will try the new demo. Keep on the great work.

gdunlapsd 26 September 2023 22:38

Hi Mixel,

Haven't seen an update on this game in quite some time; looks amazing so far! Hope all is well.

seuden 27 September 2023 11:02

Looks great. X

Mixel 29 September 2023 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdunlapsd (Post 1644627)
Hi Mixel,

Haven't seen an update on this game in quite some time; looks amazing so far! Hope all is well.

Hi! TY! I’m doing ok, project’s not dead but it has been hard to work on for various personal reasons. (I don’t want to dump my life story here but things have been more than a little complicated the last couple of years) I’ll be back as and when I can. :)

Scorpion is getting better all the time so when I get back to it properly there’ll be a host of improvements off the bat.

gdunlapsd 05 October 2023 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mixel (Post 1645146)
Hi! TY! I’m doing ok, project’s not dead but it has been hard to work on for various personal reasons. (I don’t want to dump my life story here but things have been more than a little complicated the last couple of years) I’ll be back as and when I can. :)

Scorpion is getting better all the time so when I get back to it properly there’ll be a host of improvements off the bat.

Glad to hear you're OK, hope things get better!