English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   News (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   AmiModRadio - All of Aminet modules at your fingertips (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=79117)

SvladJelly 25 October 2016 10:28

Hmm with Eagleplayer V2.05 beta2 installed and running, I fire up amimodradio, hit play and my machine crashes. Are there tooltypes I'm missing? libraries? I thought I had all the requirements installed. Hrm..

tygre 25 October 2016 14:55

Hi SvladJelly!

Sorry to read about your problems, would you mind if I PM you a debug version of AmiModRadio so that we can trace the problem?

And thanks AmigaSystem for your help! :cool

Cheers!

SvladJelly 25 October 2016 17:17

Not at all!

I'll test it as soon as you send it. Very cool project by the way.
I just got my 1200 working with my Wacom tablet and full pressure in DeluxePaint V. Could you use a cartoon mascot for your software?
:-D

Quote:

Originally Posted by tygre (Post 1118656)
Hi SvladJelly!

Sorry to read about your problems, would you mind if I PM you a debug version of AmiModRadio so that we can trace the problem?

And thanks AmigaSystem for your help! :cool

Cheers!

tygre 25 October 2016 19:26

Thanks SvladJely! Having a cartoon-style msscot would be great! Looking forward to it!

I PM'ed you the debug version with some instructions to run it...
Talk to you soon!

honx 25 October 2016 23:49

obviously no solution for the problem.
well, time to give up and just leave it be.

AMIGASYSTEM 26 October 2016 01:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by honx (Post 1118762)

Meanwhile, if you're using WinUAE "MiamiDX" it is not necessary, on Icon AmiModRadio you have one stack of 30.000?

tygre 26 October 2016 01:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by honx (Post 1118762)

Hi Honx!

Sorry for the late reply, as with SvladJelly, would you mind trying a debug version of AmiModRadio to help me help you?

Let me know if I can PM you this debug version!

Cheers!

honx 26 October 2016 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM (Post 1118774)
Meanwhile, if you're using WinUAE "MiamiDX" it is not necessary, on Icon AmiModRadio you have one stack of 30.000?

forgot to set stack to 30k, now at least player seams to work. how do i tell it, where players are installed?
i have delitracker, amigaamp and eagleplayer installed, but amimodradio can't find any of these players...

Quote:

Originally Posted by tygre (Post 1118775)
Hi Honx!

Sorry for the late reply, as with SvladJelly, would you mind trying a debug version of AmiModRadio to help me help you?

Let me know if I can PM you this debug version!

Cheers!

i could still do that, as i get still crashes when quitting amimodradio.

tygre 26 October 2016 15:23

Hi Honx and good to read that AmiModRadio starts to work for you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by honx (Post 1118782)
forgot to set stack to 30k, now at least player seams to work. how do i tell it, where players are installed?
i have delitracker, amigaamp and eagleplayer installed, but amimodradio can't find any of these players...

You must add the directory of one of these to the path: in the Shell where you start AmiModRadio or in your User-Startup, do:

Path <directory of, e.g., EaglePlayer> ADD

Quote:

Originally Posted by honx (Post 1118782)
i could still do that, as i get still crashes when quitting amimodradio.

Thanks, I am going to PM you a link!

Cheers!

honx 26 October 2016 16:10

3 Attachment(s)
i attached three images, two from your debug tool running in shell and a third showing snoopdos.
debug program doesnt go to plan, as it seems to be captured in some sort of CheckSignal loop.
screenshot 1 shows the start of AmiModPlayer, screenshot 2 after clicking play button...

SvladJelly 26 October 2016 17:39

Honx's screenshot 2 with the "Checksignal..." is the output I saw when launching amimodradiodebug while accidentally offline, and it didn't crash.

Maybe a conflict with the prism2v2 driver?

tygre 27 October 2016 00:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by honx (Post 1118832)
i attached three images, two from your debug tool running in shell and a third showing snoopdos.
debug program doesnt go to plan, as it seems to be captured in some sort of CheckSignal loop.
screenshot 1 shows the start of AmiModPlayer, screenshot 2 after clicking play button...

Hi there!

I cannot see anything wrong :blased The second screenshot shows the normal behaviour of AmiModRadio: when it sends a module to a player (like DeliTracker), then it also runs a task that "poll" regularly the player to know if the module is still playing: if the player has finished playing, then the task tells AmiModRadio to fetch a new module and so on...

Honx, when you captured the second screenshot, nothing was playing? No music?

Take care!

tygre 27 October 2016 00:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvladJelly (Post 1118842)
Honx's screenshot 2 with the "Checksignal..." is the output I saw when launching amimodradiodebug while accidentally offline, and it didn't crash.

Maybe a conflict with the prism2v2 driver?

The prism2v2 driver is used by Miami? Is it? If it is, there should be no conflict because I access the bsdsocket.library, not the underlying drivers...

Take care!

honx 27 October 2016 02:43

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tygre (Post 1118927)
Honx, when you captured the second screenshot, nothing was playing? No music?

Take care!

nothing playing. soon after either total freeze or guru. player itself also shows an error, see attachment.
RexxMast is edited into user-startup (run >nil: SYS:System/RexxMast). so where's the problem here?

and nothing wrong? i guess "lockscreen" in snoopdos describes exactly what the problem i have here.
if i don't get a guru then screen is totally locked, mouse cursor doesn't move, nothing. total freeze.

AMIGASYSTEM 27 October 2016 10:58

Ciao tygre, I tried to do a fresh install of AmiModRadio on a clean system OS3.9, and I found the same problems user honx, everything seems to work, just start the sound comes a Crash or Guru.

EDIT: On the system OS3.9 i installed "MultiPlayer" and now MOD feel good with no problems ;)

Then I did another test, on my AFA OS i have "eliminated" by all players System, HippoPlayer, Eagleplayer, DeliTracker, MultiPlayer, WinAmp and despite everything AmiModRadio it works perfectly ???? :crazy, i attach screenshots scout

EDIT: Discovered the arcane, in directory C I had other MOD Player Player that AmiModRadio It takes at will :D

tygre 27 October 2016 21:45

Hi Honx!

Quote:

Originally Posted by honx (Post 1118934)
nothing playing. soon after either total freeze or guru. player itself also shows an error, see attachment.
RexxMast is edited into user-startup (run >nil: SYS:System/RexxMast). so where's the problem here?

I don't think that there is something wrong with your Startup-Sequence...

Quote:

Originally Posted by honx (Post 1118934)
and nothing wrong? i guess "lockscreen" in snoopdos describes exactly what the problem i have here.
if i don't get a guru then screen is totally locked, mouse cursor doesn't move, nothing. total freeze.

... but the problem could come from DeliTracker itself... Does it work if you play some modules from your disk?

Regarding the LockScreen line, that is DeliTracker "acquiring" the screen to open its window, nothing to do AFAIK, with locking the mouse :)

Keep me posted!

tygre 27 October 2016 21:47

Hi AmigaSystem!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM (Post 1118963)
Ciao tygre, I tried to do a fresh install of AmiModRadio on a clean system OS3.9, and I found the same problems user honx, everything seems to work, just start the sound comes a Crash or Guru.

EDIT: On the system OS3.9 i installed "MultiPlayer" and now MOD feel good with no problems ;)

Then I did another test, on my AFA OS i have "eliminated" by all players System, HippoPlayer, Eagleplayer, DeliTracker, MultiPlayer, WinAmp and despite everything AmiModRadio it works perfectly ???? :crazy, i attach screenshots scout

EDIT: Discovered the arcane, in directory C I had other MOD Player Player that AmiModRadio It takes at will :D

Thanks for your detective work! So it seems that the problem come from the player used by AmiModRadio, do I understand correctly?

Using the player MultiPlayer, AmiModRadio works fine, is that correct? :)
Could you try another player (say, EaglePlayer) with a module already on your disk?

Cheers!

honx 27 October 2016 21:55

1 Attachment(s)
same crash/lockup, if i try eagle player or AmigaAMP. same error connect_player in all cases.
all three player working fine without any problem if i use them alone, without amimodradio.

tygre 27 October 2016 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by honx (Post 1119063)
same crash/lockup, if i try eagle player or AmigaAMP. same error connect_player in all cases.
all three player working fine without any problem if i use them alone, without amimodradio.

Could you make sure that RexxMast is running? In a Shell, just run RexxMast and it should print that "The server is already running"...

Could you also run, say, EaglePlayer, and then AmiModRadio, do you also get a crash?

Take care!

honx 27 October 2016 22:21

1 Attachment(s)
RexxMast is already running, see screenshot.
running amigaamp before amimodradio results in the same lockup situation if i click play.
the only difference is: no connect_player error this time, the line in amimodradio is blank.
running eagleplayer before amimodradio results in guru when i click play in amimodradio.