English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.CD32 Conversion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   AmigaJay's Latest Releases (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=88983)

Amigajay 29 July 2020 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viceroy (Post 1416970)
Thanks for the Update AJ
I have Downloaded the 2 PDF's and the ISO
I also Downloaded the torrent folder, what do you do with this folder?

That’s just an automatic file archive adds that can be used to download via a torrent program, the only files for the cover cd are the cue, iso, wave files and the cover images, the resr isn’t needed.

Viceroy 30 July 2020 07:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amigajay (Post 1416988)
That’s just an automatic file archive adds that can be used to download via a torrent program, the only files for the cover cd are the cue, iso, wave files and the cover images, the resr isn’t needed.

Thank you ;-)

Xenon 02 August 2020 01:03

Thaks very much again for all your great work, Amigajay :-)

gazj82 02 August 2020 11:10

Hi AmigaJay.

Thanks for all your great work, downloaded all your current iso's and they have put a new lease of life into my stock CD32.

I have found one bug I think (it may have been mentioned, not read all the posts). On the amiga games Vol1 and 2 (and maybe others). When you drill down through the menus they stop working when so many levels down. I.e :- I select genre and then shoot-em up's, then I cannot select Horizontal shoot-em ups. Pressing fire does nothing, the only thing I can succesfully select is the parent directory (..).

It's nice to see two of my medicore games make it onto the Hombrew CD, there is one that did not make it. Just making you aware of it, if you would like to add it to a future release. Understand if you don't want to include it as there is plenty of content out there of much better quality.

Link below

http://aminet.net/package/game/actio/kcmunchkin
http://aminet.net/package/game/actio/KCMunchkinCD32

Amigajay 02 August 2020 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazj82 (Post 1417839)
Hi AmigaJay.

Thanks for all your great work, downloaded all your current iso's and they have put a new lease of life into my stock CD32.

I have found one bug I think (it may have been mentioned, not read all the posts). On the amiga games Vol1 and 2 (and maybe others). When you drill down through the menus they stop working when so many levels down. I.e :- I select genre and then shoot-em up's, then I cannot select Horizontal shoot-em ups. Pressing fire does nothing, the only thing I can succesfully select is the parent directory (..).

It's nice to see two of my medicore games make it onto the Hombrew CD, there is one that did not make it. Just making you aware of it, if you would like to add it to a future release. Understand if you don't want to include it as there is plenty of content out there of much better quality.

Link below

http://aminet.net/package/game/actio/kcmunchkin
http://aminet.net/package/game/actio/KCMunchkinCD32

Thanks for the info regarding the menu, not sure whats happening on a real console compared to emulation there?

I take it you can still load the required game just using the A-Z menu and not genre?

gazj82 02 August 2020 17:09

Yes, everything is accessible on the A-Z menu.

Bren McGuire 15 December 2020 16:13

Excuse me but am I the only one a bit flabbergasted about what happened here some time this year? Nobody else noticed?

Why are you charging for these now? many of the games contained within are from the community, free stuff, stuff like demos, you're not supposed to be charging for downloads.

I understand making compilations is a lot of work, but have you asked permission from those who made everything you are redistributing to charge for these?

My problem isn't with paying (I buy new Amiga games as much as I can) but with you charging for things like demos which, historically, weren't even allowed many times at PD libraries because of this very same reason.

At first I thought you asked for voluntary donations for your work making the compilations (how i thought kofi worked) but you have effectively put the downloads behind a paywall.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amigajay (Post 1191600)
This thread is for discussion of any of my CD32/CDTV discs, and contains links to all my current work.

Links removed - BippyM

My latest CD32 discs being worked on and updated:

2020 10 Disc Amiga Archive Set:
-------------------------------------
*Amiga Games Vol.1 (v1.0) -- (renamed, was - 2 Decades Of Amiga Games Vol.1)
*Amiga Games Vol.2 (v0.3) -- (renamed, was - 2 Decades Of Amiga Games Vol.2)
*Amiga Demos (v0.4) -- (renamed, was - 4 Decades Of Amiga Demos)
*Amiga Homebrew (v0.4) -- (renamed, was - 4 Decades Of Amiga Homebrew)
*Amiga Christmas Crackers (v0.2b)
*FastRAM Collection (v0.1b)
*Hacks and Mods (v0.2)
*Only AGA (v0.9.5)
*Point 'n Click Adventure Games (v1.1)
*Unreleased Game Collection (v0.7)

CD32 4 Disc Consolidation Set:
-----------------------------------
*CD32 Game Multi-Game Disc Vol.1
*CD32 Game Multi-Game Disc Vol.2
*CD32 Game Multi-Game Disc Vol.3
*CD32 Game Multi-Game Disc Vol.4

*Downloads now include Front, Back, & Disc Images.

Gordon 15 December 2020 21:31

Yeah it’s wrong. I wouldn’t give a penny now it’s forced but if it was voluntary I would have slipped a tenner. Probs gave them away free to build his rep....common business practice

supaduper 16 December 2020 18:40

Do you realise how much time he spent on compiling these great compilations ?, these were done out of a love for the Cd32 community and and I will will always support that and actually if you look at the options on his page it`s as cheap as chips for all his hard work, I do not normally comment on such topics but will always back work done which otherwise will be not be available anywhere else.

Bren McGuire 17 December 2020 23:17

that wasn't my point if you read again my message you realize the problem here is effectively selling free software from the community, like games and demos. many of which probably wouldn't be happy for this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by supaduper (Post 1446649)
Do you realise how much time he spent on compiling these great compilations ?, these were done out of a love for the Cd32 community and and I will will always support that and actually if you look at the options on his page it`s as cheap as chips for all his hard work, I do not normally comment on such topics but will always back work done which otherwise will be not be available anywhere else.

BippyM 28 December 2020 05:27

Thread closed, all links removed.

EAB will not condone the selling of Amiga Kickstart and other IP owned property. This has been discussed at length, and to now be charging for these is a very grey area, and feels a little distasteful to me.

Good luck with your future compilations, don't post on here about them!