English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.OtherUAE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Compiling P-UAE on Mac OS X (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=50826)

GnoStiC 28 September 2010 20:09

@lallafa: thanx, i'll apply the patch with the next push..

btw, my macbook pro will arrive tomorrow, woot!

nexusle 29 September 2010 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by GnoStiC (Post 704168)
my macbook pro will arrive tomorrow, woot!

COOOOL!! Now I have hope, that the Mac OS X version gets a heavy kick forward :)

BTW my wishes for the Mac version:

- a kompatible CD ROM Emulation for PUAE. The SCSI Emu is functional, but a little bit bad. You don't have a CD in drive, when start E-UAE/PUAE. If so, the SCSI emulation don't work in this case.

- same problem with joystick/-pad emulation. The joystick (usb) must plugged in at start of (E/P)UAE, if not, the joystick don't work.

all other things, i.e. the On-Emulation-GUI is very good (change disks, grab mouse, etc.).

PS: is it possible to grab the mouse automatically at startup of PUAE?

GnoStiC 29 September 2010 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by nexusle (Post 704334)
COOOOL!! Now I have hope, that the Mac OS X version gets a heavy kick forward :)

i just received my macbook pro.. now i've to install xcode and cocoa i guess :)

Quote:

BTW my wishes for the Mac version:

- a kompatible CD ROM Emulation for PUAE. The SCSI Emu is functional, but a little bit bad. You don't have a CD in drive, when start E-UAE/PUAE. If so, the SCSI emulation don't work in this case.

- same problem with joystick/-pad emulation. The joystick (usb) must plugged in at start of (E/P)UAE, if not, the joystick don't work.

a "Rescan" button would fix that..

Quote:

all other things, i.e. the On-Emulation-GUI is very good (change disks, grab mouse, etc.).

PS: is it possible to grab the mouse automatically at startup of PUAE?

it should be possible, that was in my todo list anyway..

nexusle 29 September 2010 12:43

one more thing :)

- we need a little disk swap gui in fullscreen mode ;)

EricG 01 October 2010 05:50

No joy for me either .. used some of the suggestions mentioned here and tried to compile osx 10.6 and I get this:
(can someone post a new precompiled binary to the zone, the one up there doesn't work , thanks!)

Quote:

xwin.c:1796: warning: no previous prototype for ‘gfx_save_options’
xwin.c:1803: warning: no previous prototype for ‘gfx_parse_option’
xwin.c: In function ‘gfx_parse_option’:
xwin.c:1804: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘cfgfile_yesno’ from incompatible pointer type
xwin.c:1805: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘cfgfile_yesno’ from incompatible pointer type
xwin.c:1806: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘cfgfile_yesno’ from incompatible pointer type
xwin.c:1807: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘cfgfile_yesno’ from incompatible pointer type
xwin.c: At top level:
xwin.c:1811: warning: no previous prototype for ‘gfx_default_options’
make[3]: *** [xwin.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

nexusle 01 October 2010 08:11

@EricG

It seems, that your source tried to build with xwindows. Mac OS X don't support this. You must build using SDL!

i.e.:

./configure CFLAGS="-m32" LDFLAGS="-m32" CPPFLAGS="-m32" --with-sdl --with-sdl-sound --with-sdl-gl --with-sdl-gfx --enable-drvsnd

EricG 01 October 2010 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by nexusle (Post 704860)
@EricG

It seems, that your source tried to build with xwindows. Mac OS X don't support this. You must build using SDL!

i.e.:

./configure CFLAGS="-m32" LDFLAGS="-m32" CPPFLAGS="-m32" --with-sdl --with-sdl-sound --with-sdl-gl --with-sdl-gfx --enable-drvsnd

Thanks.. i'm not really a coder (well not by todays standards) .. while I learned assembly/pascal/fortran in college its been a good 20 years since I coded anything relevant.. ObjC might as well be Latin to me .. lol..

Thanks I appreciate the "push" in the right direction.. I'll give it a go and see how it works.. I figured it had to be something stupid .. I think the confusing part is that OSX has X .. that probably sent me down the wrong path.

If you can .. could you post a working binary in the zone incase my efforts fail horribly (and I fully expect them not to work...)

question .. people are using the sources in github right? .. there isn't a separate "osx" set of source files that I should be using? ..

EricG 01 October 2010 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by nexusle (Post 704860)
@EricG

i.e.:

Thanks but this didn't solve the problem .. I even tried a fresh copy of the code from github .. and your config suggestion .. and it still ended up with the same error ..

sigh.. ..

nexusle 01 October 2010 19:40

Ok, I have build my last build of UAE at time of E-UAE.

GnoStIC now own a MBP and I think, a fresh binary comes asap :)

GnoStiC 02 October 2010 16:06

you're probably missing sdl.. did you install sdl ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricG (Post 704840)
No joy for me either .. used some of the suggestions mentioned here and tried to compile osx 10.6 and I get this:
(can someone post a new precompiled binary to the zone, the one up there doesn't work , thanks!)

EricG 02 October 2010 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by GnoStiC (Post 705187)
you're probably missing sdl.. did you install sdl ?

Honestly i'd have to check .. i don't really do much programming these days.. At this point ill assume its not .. or if it is its horribly old/out of date..

thanks for the tip .. ill just reinstall sdl and see what happens.

pentad 07 November 2010 19:31

I too am having trouble compiling PUAE on my system... Could somebody upload a bin to the Zone!? I don't see one there currently.

Thank you!!
-P

BobRedthorp 07 January 2011 21:37

Just recently got a Macbook Pro and hate the hassle of running Boot Camp so looking for an alternative to WinUAE, I managed to get E-UAE running with picasso96 and WHDLoad but the performance is no way near as good as on WinUAE.

The whole compiling thing is a little over my head, is it worth the effort for someone without a clue just now with P-UAE or is there a better way to emulate Amiga on OS X leopard or am I best just running WinUAE via Boot Camp

I would just rather avoid having two Operating Systems installed, any help would be great.

chiark 07 January 2011 22:22

Have a look in the Zone; there's a DMG for PUAE beta in there.

Check the beta thread for progress, but there will be fairly regular builds.

BobRedthorp 07 January 2011 22:49

I tried to run it but it says it doesn't support my version of OS X, do I need to install any other software?

chiark 07 January 2011 23:13

hmm, I compiled it with Snow Leopard but it shouldn't require any version in particular: I'll have a look into it.
Could you see if there's any PUAE.log in the console and, if so, post what it says? Or post the error from console?

Actually, I believe you need the SDL framework installed: http://www.libsdl.org/, specifically http://www.libsdl.org/release/SDL-1.2.14.dmg

BobRedthorp 07 January 2011 23:47

Cheers, chiark, I got it working :great

chiark 07 January 2011 23:50

Excellent! Still lots to do, but the aim is to get to the point that WinUAE is not needed :)

BobRedthorp 08 January 2011 00:12

That would be awesome! its a little more difficult configuring but I'm getting there :great

EDIT:

I have no problems running adf's, but does anyone know how to sort the following WHDLoad error, or am I getting too far ahead of myself :)

DOS-ERROR 235
(bad loadfile hunk)
on loading "MonkeyIsland2.Slave"

Hungry Horace 08 January 2011 02:34

i have a lot of problems with P-UAE and HD's (including the same error as yourself BobRedthorp) - i beleive there are still problems with HD setups which prevent it from being entirely usable for purist HD users like myself!