English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   HOL contributions (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Contributions (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=56412)

TCD 19 February 2012 18:59

Thank you very much mate :great I'm adding them now, but it might take a bit until they are all there (tomorrow I mean ;))

Vinnny 06 March 2012 08:49

upload game "American Chainik In Russia"

s2325 06 March 2012 08:55

Could you tell me where are your file(s)?

DrBong 06 March 2012 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinnny (Post 805812)
upload game "American Chainik In Russia"

Quote:

Originally Posted by s2325 (Post 805813)
Could you tell me where are your file(s)?

It's available on Aminet:

http://aminet.net/package/game/role/AChInRu

s2325 06 March 2012 09:41

thank you

Predseda 20 March 2012 08:33

I have just uploaded a scan of comics for the american release of Killing Cloud. It has 28 pages.

lilalurl 20 March 2012 11:20

Thanks. Checked, good quality :great.

On page 22, on the left side, it seems like the feet are cut. Is it normal or was the scan a bit off-center?

Seems like there was rust developping around the staples (obviously). Good idea to have scanned it now just in case.

TCD (or anyone else): Should I try to cut/remove the rust spots (see page 15 for instance) before uploading to HOL or is it good enough as it is (+ gives an authentic look ;))?

TCD 20 March 2012 11:30

Personally I'd remove the rust spots as long as the pages are still readable. It's a PDF afterall (so much for the authentic bit :p).

lilalurl 20 March 2012 11:32

Ok, will do.

Predseda 23 March 2012 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilalurl (Post 808263)
Thanks. Checked, good quality :great.

On page 22, on the left side, it seems like the feet are cut. Is it normal or was the scan a bit off-center?

Page 22 is scanned as-is in the original, feet were cut in the original paper form as well. Also some pages look a bit rotated - it was also in the original, I scanned it correctly.

lilalurl 23 March 2012 17:30

Thank you for confirming that the original is a bit dodgy :)

Predseda 04 April 2012 20:07

Is there anything else I could do to let the comics be published?

lilalurl 04 April 2012 21:37

Yes, tell that lazy lilalurl to get to work... oh wait that's me :D.

Sorry, removing the rusty parts was quickly done, but getting the PDF to a decent size without sacrificing quality was a difficult trade-off, so I dithered a bit too much :sleep.

Now it is at 7.35 Mb (for originally 35 Mb in 28 files) and still seems quite readable I think when zooming in.

It is up now, so if you have a few seconds, feel free to check and tell me if you are satisfied with the quality/size (if not, it can be changed):
http://hol.abime.net/2574/manual

Predseda 04 April 2012 22:01

I think it is better than good. Thank you lilaurl.

lilalurl 04 April 2012 22:17

Well, you are the one who put the most work into that when doing the scans, so you can thank yourself before all ;)

Predseda 05 April 2012 12:39

I have a question: does the HOL need also alternative manuals? For example, I have scanned Parasol Stars (Hit Squad budget version) manual. It has 6 pages in total, tells nothing new compared to manual that is already in HOL, but the appearance is completelly different (printed white on black, different layout, one language only etc). Should I contribute with this, or it would be redundant?

Also - I would like to contribute with complete manuals sorted in PDF, but my legal and registered Adobe Acrobat 8 is unable to complete the task from some unknown reasons :rolleyes So I have to upload only separate page scans.

DrBong 05 April 2012 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predseda (Post 811648)
I have a question: does the HOL need also alternative manuals? For example, I have scanned Parasol Stars (Hit Squad budget version) manual. It has 6 pages in total, tells nothing new compared to manual that is already in HOL, but the appearance is completelly different (printed white on black, different layout, one language only etc). Should I contribute with this, or it would be redundant?

We welcome all manuals, whether they be original or budget release manuals. Some of the budget manuals are exactly the same as the original release ones, but may be printed on less pages or have a different layout (which is sometimes better).

Quote:

Also - I would like to contribute with complete manuals sorted in PDF, but my legal and registered Adobe Acrobat 8 is unable to complete the task from some unknown reasons :rolleyes So I have to upload only separate page scans.
No problems - just scan to 300dpi in jpeg & save with 15% compression (as per HOL guidelines), and then up them to the ftp site in your own folder (so lilalurl knows where to look to process them! :D). Many thanks in advance! :spin

Predseda 05 April 2012 13:11

OK, thanks for advices. Parasol stars are now in FTP server.

lilalurl 05 April 2012 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBong (Post 811652)
and then up them to the ftp site in your own folder (so lilalurl knows where to look to process them! :D).

:help

Thank you Predseda, it is online now.

DrBong 05 April 2012 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilalurl (Post 811700)
:help

I was just kidding! I'd prefer to be doing HOL stuff, but it's after 1am here and I'm just leaving work!! :guru I get to work on Easter Monday too. Least I get tomorrow off and will have the luxury of a decent night's sleep! :sleep

Quote:

Thank you Predseda, it is online now.
Good work maties! :great Time for dinner/breakfast.......