English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Games (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The bad cracks / 100% working games thread (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=23024)

dlfrsilver 21 October 2009 15:50

yep it uses a crappy longtrack 79 check :)

zygzak 21 October 2009 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT (Post 607131)
Copy protection on Shadow Dancer was pitiful, all versions were 100% if I remember correctly, you probably had a bad disk

Yep, I recalled how X-COPY could make an "error correction". Any disk copied from that "corrected" disk hasn't been showed any error. Thanks.
EDIT: I checked the first in row version and, amazing, it looks like the same cracked. But this time it works good, no hangs or anything.

andreas 22 October 2009 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by zygzak (Post 606839)
Cracker was too fast. I don't know much about cracking so I dunno if cracker can omit some protection zones that appears later in the game or if he should find it without testing from beginning till the end.

This problem is known from EXILE indeed. Ask Galahad in case of doubt ;)

Quote:

Maybe Your German version wasn't from Delphine Collection.
Of course not :cheese
The Collection did not exist when the game came out, just the standalone original :)

zygzak 22 October 2009 12:58

Changing topic a little. Is there known problem with Harley Davidson bike racing game? When I was a little brat years ago I have got that (cracked version) in my collection and after a few routes the game has made Guru Meditation Error on real A500.
Now I tried it on WinUAE and the same behaviour appears. Always after few routes the game knock to hells door. I tried to pass the problem using savestates but it no helps.
So it is due to crack or game is buggy?

Don_Adan 22 October 2009 18:06

Air Supply (both versions) is also bad cracked. In first version works only first level, in second verrsion works first level + bonus level.

andreas 22 October 2009 20:34

Well Don, did your talented cracker fellows in Poland provide a good crack of this too? ;)
I doubt it, since it was a game little known outside Germany - and hard to find too...

Don_Adan 26 October 2009 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by andreas (Post 607652)
Well Don, did your talented cracker fellows in Poland provide a good crack of this too? ;)
I doubt it, since it was a game little known outside Germany - and hard to find too...

No, I'm not good enough to crack this game correctly, data are crypted and perhaps it has any copylock idea from ST. I only make depacker for rip music songs (one version has data decrypted).

BTW. If I remember right Ork, also is not fully cracked, it has second (ingame) protection, but maybe exist any fully cracked version, I don't check it exactly.

andreas 26 October 2009 16:43

Nice to know, thanks! Since we have lots of German guys in the WHDload team, this might also be interesting for them!
Let's leave the copylock stuff to the WHD guys then ... they can use Mr. Larmer's excellent copylock decoder. (Perhaps even the product to make his name eternal in the scene, even though he had to go so prematurely :shocked.)

StingRay 26 October 2009 16:46

If there's no original, not much can be done.

Galahad/FLT 26 October 2009 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don_Adan (Post 608870)
No, I'm not good enough to crack this game correctly, data are crypted and perhaps it has any copylock idea from ST. I only make depacker for rip music songs (one version has data decrypted).

BTW. If I remember right Ork, also is not fully cracked, it has second (ingame) protection, but maybe exist any fully cracked version, I don't check it exactly.

What is the side effect of this second protection check and how far into the game do you have to get to make it happen?

Don_Adan 28 October 2009 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT (Post 608978)
What is the side effect of this second protection check and how far into the game do you have to get to make it happen?

I don't remember exactly, I have this info from my old friend (shoot-em'up maniac). He told me about this problem in ~1994 year, second manual check occured after some finished levels, game was stopped on protection. You can ask if someone finished Ork game (original or cracked).

StingRay 28 October 2009 15:27

AFAIR there was a manual check (where you had to enter a 4digit code IIRC) in one of the later levels which wasn't removed. There were fixed versions though.

andreas 28 October 2009 16:59

Air Supply

Quote:

Originally Posted by StingRay (Post 608936)
If there's no original, not much can be done.

Point taken. :cool

A good eye on both 'bays might come in handy :)

Galahad/FLT 28 October 2009 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by StingRay (Post 609671)
AFAIR there was a manual check (where you had to enter a 4digit code IIRC) in one of the later levels which wasn't removed. There were fixed versions though.

I never saw it, but it was a proper piss poor game.

Wayne 'Atari ST' Smithson! :laughing

zygzak 28 October 2009 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by andreas (Post 607652)

Found on some torrent (there is much nowadays) some preinstalled version for whdload. Disk image has 901120 size so it looks like some simple adf renaming but game works good. I think that rest versions can be leave in peace.

andreas 29 October 2009 11:46

Nice info, thanks :)

DamienD 01 November 2009 19:05

Game: It Came From The Desert
Cracker: n/a
Trainer: n/a
Files & CRC/MD5:
It Came from the Desert (1989)(Cinemaware)(Disk 1 of 3)[a].adf {CRC32 86DDDC8A}
It Came from the Desert (1989)(Cinemaware)(Disk 2 of 3).adf {CRC32 0067F7FA}
It Came from the Desert (1989)(Cinemaware)(Disk 3 of 3).adf {CRC32 57990F5B}
Notes:
Various versions of "disk 3" are faulty. The above are the verified working set that Gamebase Amiga uses. See these threads for more details:
... It came from the Desert Disk 3
... Fully working ADFs of "It Came from the Desert"?

TCD 01 November 2009 19:15

Game: Gem'X
Cracker: Gin
Trainer: Gin
Files & CRC/MD5:
Gem'X (1991)(DMI)[cr Gin][f AGA Gin][t +10 Gin].adf {CRC32 F90C2B80}

Works 100% and is fixed for AGA (tested with WinUAE)

P.S. : Sorry for the shamelessly stealing your layout Damien ;)

mai 01 November 2009 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid (Post 611026)
Game: Gem'X
Cracker: Gin
Trainer: Gin
Files & CRC/MD5:
Gem'X (1991)(DMI)[cr Gin][f AGA Gin][t +10 Gin].adf {CRC32 F90C2B80}

Works 100% and is fixed for AGA (tested with WinUAE)

P.S. : Sorry for the shamelessly stealing your layout Damien ;)

Do you mean, you have played the whole game and reached the end without any problems/errors, so this set get the [!] flag?

TCD 01 November 2009 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by mai (Post 611038)
Do you mean, you have played the whole game and reached the end without any problems/errors, so this set get the [!] flag?

Yep. Used two different paths for the OCS (A500) and AGA (A1200) tests, so it should be pretty safe :)
Btw : Does that mean there will be a [!] flag in the next dat? :spin