English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   News (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   EAB Final Update (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=69495)

rare_j 02 October 2013 01:20

That shade of green for the donate link just isn't right.
How about a gold or orange instead? That goes with blue nicely.
Or some sort of button effect. Just not lurid pea green please!

DH 02 October 2013 01:55

Well, for a highlight colour, that's noticeable, it fits fine with the EAB colours of blue. Orange isn't going to work because of the shift towards the red end of the spectrum, it's all to do with the distance between the colours and the respective wavelengths.

Cyan is probably the next best choice, but for it to be really noticeable, it's going to have to be green or cyan ;) Example below:-

http://i.imgur.com/P2ueDfw.png

RCK 05 October 2013 19:03

Okay I made something, the donate link color will now change from red to green the first 9 days of each month, then it will be white for the last 21 days :)

DH 05 October 2013 19:09

Wasn't expecting this RCK, definitely different, but not a bad idea :great

Mr B 05 October 2013 20:39

Shouldn't it go from red to green based on how much is donated, and once the "target" is meet it could turn white? Well, that would be the logic if we are having trouble meeting each months costs. If we on the other hand are having funds over, and the cost is meet early each month, then perhaps it would be a bad idea and stop people from making donations once the monthly goal is meet.

Extra money goes towards new hardware, and stuff like that i mean. In the case there are any.

Marcuz 05 October 2013 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCK (Post 915054)
Okay I made something, the donate link color will now change from red to green the first 9 days of each month, then it will be white for the last 21 days :)

You're a fan of Scorsese's The Color of Money, aren't you? :)

Lonewolf10 05 October 2013 22:18

Quote:

erm, is that in effect now? Is it a gradual change or immediate? The reason I ask is that it is yellow for me!

I do think the colour change is a great idea though :great

prowler 05 October 2013 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf10 (Post 915077)
Quote:

erm, is that in effect now? Is it a gradual change or immediate? The reason I ask is that it is yellow for me!

Yes, it (gradual change) is in effect now. Colour will change gradually from red, through orange (where it's at now, approximately) and yellow, eventually to green. :)

Smart, eh? ;)

Lonewolf10 05 October 2013 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by prowler (Post 915079)
Smart, eh? ;)

Yes, very cool :)

RCK 06 October 2013 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr B (Post 915062)
Shouldn't it go from red to green based on how much is donated, and once the "target" is meet it could turn white?

I don't wanna force anyone to donate, so I don't want some kind of "goal" to be online.
The idea was just to make the donate link in color the first 9 days of each month, I think it will be enough as reminder for members :)

DrBong 07 October 2013 18:05

Quote:

Well, I'm not sure what you've changed.......but it's made my medal disappear altogether! :p :D

prowler 07 October 2013 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBong (Post 915338)
...but it's made my medal disappear altogether! :p :D

You will have a red medal for the first 10 days following your donation and a gold medal for the next 20 days. Your medal will disappear on the 31st day after your donation.

I guess your time's up. :p

DrBong 07 October 2013 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by prowler (Post 915369)
You will have a red medal for the first 10 days following your donation and a gold medal for the next 20 days. Your medal will disappear on the 31st day after your donation.

I guess your time's up. :p

Already?! Geez Louise! How come RCK gets to keep his medal then??!! Surely his time is up too! :p :laughing

prowler 07 October 2013 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBong (Post 915375)
Already?! Geez Louise! How come RCK gets to keep his medal then??!! Surely his time is up too! :p :laughing

No, not at all. To keep EAB online, RCK is paying the balance of what is left after all donations are taking into account:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCK (Post 907672)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bippym (Post 907657)
Out of curiosity and if you don't mind asking RCK. What are the yearly subscription fee's?

Without the hardware server (arround 2000€ two times), it cost me 120€ each month for secured space in datacenter (redundant power, redundant air conditioning, redundant backbone access).

DrBong 07 October 2013 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by prowler (Post 915382)
No, not at all. To keep EAB online, RCK is paying the balance of what is left after all donations are taking into account:

I know, I know.......I was only kidding! :D I couldn't help but open up my wallet when I read about the costs he'd been absorbing for all these years :shocked

prowler 07 October 2013 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBong (Post 915395)
I couldn't help but open up my wallet when I read about the costs he'd been absorbing for all these years :shocked

And neither could I. :great

RCK 08 October 2013 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBong (Post 915338)
Well, I'm not sure what you've changed.......but it's made my medal disappear altogether! :p :D

Haha, it's already more than one month dude !
But maybe I should display your medal for two months because of the big donation you made :)

Anyway, I just change the donate link color to one static light orange color.
I think it will be better like this, because the daily color modification was making horrible sick colors :p

Paul_s 08 October 2013 21:32

I actually feel like I'm in a virtual reality version of Cannon Fodder with my medal.

That means RCK is Jools... :D

Donating never been so much fun, click the link... loads more EAB (this post belongs in stupidity)

RCK 12 October 2013 21:49

I have added a google "custom search" over eab.abime.net in navbar, it will let you made alternative search on EAB in addition of internal search engine :cool

TCD 12 October 2013 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCK (Post 916399)
I have added a google "custom search" over eab.abime.net in navbar, it will let you made alternative search on EAB in addition of internal search engine :cool

:bowdown That's a huge improvement :agree