English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   News (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   TinyLauncher 3+ released (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=85928)

DrFruit 29 May 2020 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by manossg (Post 1403351)
If the filenames are your problem, there is StatMat's file with ready TinyLauncher covers in the ftp. He did a fantastic job!

Cheers, man!

You sir are a gent... I was literally in the uploads section of the ftp but that has saved me a whole bunch of time :)

Appreciate that!

Cheers,

manossg 29 May 2020 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrFruit (Post 1403352)
You sir are a gent... I was literally in the uploads section of the ftp but that has saved me a whole bunch of time :)

Appreciate that!

Cheers,

Not a problem, it's good to have more people sharing in the awesomeness of this great app!

DrFruit 29 May 2020 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by manossg (Post 1403353)
Not a problem, it's good to have more people sharing in the awesomeness of this great app!

Yeah, i got to admit it`s been the smoothest so far and fantastic on resources for those that are NOT using WinUAE ;)

Cheers,

DrFruit 29 May 2020 17:00

Tested, perfect, thanks chaps :)

Covers path set, images copied, games re-scanned, pressed C and now after a second or two the cover shows up :)

Cheers,

manossg 29 May 2020 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrFruit (Post 1403368)
Tested, perfect, thanks chaps :)

Covers path set, images copied, games re-scanned, pressed C and now after a second or two the cover shows up :)

Cheers,

Perfect, rock on!

Mixel 18 August 2020 01:30

Statmat's folder doesn't seem to exist on the FTP anymore? (or the gdrive) I'd love those screenshot packs. (is this just a temporary thing? Or am I just really bad at looking?) Thanks!

Mikerochip 18 August 2020 12:13

Is there somewhere we can make suggestions for additions?

I wouldn't mind an automatic genre addition feature.

maybe something like, if a file exists called genre.xxxx in the slave folder,
when you scan/import new games, it'd add that slave withe the genre xxxx.

Save me having to manually update the genre for every game?

(And/or other launchers could make use of it too?)

tygre 18 August 2020 22:57

Hi Mikerochip and all!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikerochip (Post 1421659)
I wouldn't mind an automatic genre addition feature. Maybe something like, if a file exists called genre.xxxx in the slave folder, when you scan/import new games, it'd add that slave withe the genre xxxx.

That's a "common" problem of game launchers: they require download or adding meta-data manually. I was discussing with MrZammler and others the same problem with iGame... A solutio would be to use a database like HOL to download the info. but HOL lacks an API currently... Your idea that each "slave" include this meta-data is good too!

Cheers!

manossg 18 August 2020 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mixel (Post 1421573)
Statmat's folder doesn't seem to exist on the FTP anymore? (or the gdrive) I'd love those screenshot packs. (is this just a temporary thing? Or am I just really bad at looking?) Thanks!

Yes, it seems that StatMat's folder is not available now. Maybe the mods could help with this?

loggio 23 August 2020 21:34

Does anyone here have statmats covers collection that they would be willing to share?

manossg 23 August 2020 21:39

I think it would be faster if Statmat's upload folder is made available again, or at least the tinylauncher stuff.

loggio 23 August 2020 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by manossg (Post 1423052)
I think it would be faster if Statmat's upload folder is made available again, or at least the tinylauncher stuff.

Obviously. But that may not be an option. Maybe it was removed on purpose, or he removed it himself?

Maybe someone else could upload it?

DamienD 23 August 2020 22:18

Ok, since I'm still an FTP admin and can see everything ;)

I've downloaded all of the contents below:

https://i.imgur.com/qBf1Ld7.png
...and now uploaded to /~Uploads/DamienD/StatMat for the time being (as my folder is public).

Going forward though; I'll ask Turran to make StatMat's folder public; as there's nothing dodgy there ;)

I swear I'd done all this checking / cleaning stuff before someone had the bright idea to restore all ~Upload folders, but make them hidden...

What a waste of time going through the process of checking / cleaning was if the above was the final outcome; sigh
:rolleyes

manossg 23 August 2020 22:42

Damien saves the day again! :D

Thumbs up!

loggio 23 August 2020 22:51

Yay!! Thank you.

DamienD 24 August 2020 23:47

Turran has now made StatMat's ~Upload folder public :great

...so I've now deleted /~Uploads/DamienD/StatMat.

Mixel 25 August 2020 01:56

Thankyou for the help. :D

loggio 26 August 2020 04:02

hi guys, thanks again. Quick question, when does the google drive get synced with the FTP server? as i can see Statmat folder is not on google drive yet.

DamienD 26 August 2020 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1423581)
Google Drive seems to be having issues syncing with the FTP these days; so there is content missing unfortunately.

:sad

StatMat 27 August 2020 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1423075)
Going forward though; I'll ask Turran to make StatMat's folder public; as there's nothing dodgy there ;)

As it's now public again, I'd best keep it that way then! :laughing

Seriously though, thanks for the reshare. :great