English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Amiga scene (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Turrican 2 AGA (PC-DOS conversion) - Released! (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=112916)

gimbal 30 December 2022 22:41

That is awesome. The PC version is missing an alien mouth in the bottom-left.

BigD 31 December 2022 00:57

How about a port of the MegaDrive version of Turrican 3 next with full CD32 pad mapping?

dlfrsilver 31 December 2022 08:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigD (Post 1585678)
How about a port of the MegaDrive version of Turrican 3 next with full CD32 pad mapping?

Good idea. We have the source code for the Amiga version.....

vroom6sri 31 December 2022 13:37

This conversion is so damned good! It looks, sounds and plays amazing and the addition of those extra features (the secrets and the difficulty levels) make this THE definitive version of Turrican 2. It's just bloody brilliant.

Is there some way we can "gift" you some money for at least a pint in way of a thank you?

TCD 31 December 2022 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by vroom6sri (Post 1585768)
Is there some way we can "gift" you some money for at least a pint in way of a thank you?

Muzza said this in another thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muzza (Post 1583460)
You could always buy my indie game The Last Warlock.
It's not for the Amiga, but it is a spiritual successor to another Amiga game, Lords of Chaos.

vroom6sri 31 December 2022 15:43

That's perfect. And it let's you pay a higher amount to support the developer!

Done and done and thank you!

john4p 31 December 2022 18:23

The diamond-collection sound is from Turrican I. Could you change it to the Turrican II sample for version 1.1 or do you prefer the current one?

CrazyOne 31 December 2022 18:36

I have just finished playing and I love it! :bowdown

The secret hunting is a nice addition (I didn't manage to go for 100% but I am tempted to play again). :agree

The only thing I would change, which has been mentioned already, is the sound of picking up diamonds. :nervous

Graphics are great, music is great, the game is as challenging as I remember it - simply wonderful! :great

Well done! :great

rabidgerry 02 January 2023 19:22

Fantastic work! And thanks for it. I never played Turrican at all until this. I was saving it on my "games I must play in the future" list.

One thing kills me about this though is on the CD32 pad the red button is jump! I cannot get used to this. If Blue was jump and red was main weapon fire I'd be in heaven. Just so used to 2nd button games having the alternative button as jump.

Might be able to reprogram my pad to swap blue and red buttons though with my mightey programmable PSX adapter.

Games looks incredible and plays fantastic. Have had a look at the original also and as great as it is, this new version just looks smoother and nicer.

Muzza 02 January 2023 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabidgerry (Post 1586301)
One thing kills me about this though is on the CD32 pad the red button is jump! I cannot get used to this. If Blue was jump and red was main weapon fire I'd be in heaven. Just so used to 2nd button games having the alternative button as jump.

Might be able to reprogram my pad to swap blue and red buttons though with my mightey programmable PSX adapter.

You can configure the buttons in the controls menu to change them around, just set the control scheme to "Joypad Customised".

rabidgerry 02 January 2023 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muzza (Post 1586332)
You can configure the buttons in the controls menu to change them around, just set the control scheme to "Joypad Customised".

I had tried that but I may be didn't spend enough time trying to work it out etc.

I achieved the same thing using my psx adapter, it really is excellent.

Also went and checked out the other games too and I defo been missing out years.

The AGA version is gorgeous though so thanks again for the efforts. Those options are much appreciated.

Predseda 03 January 2023 07:16

One of the best things about this version is its configurable cd32 pad option. And the game stores it! Too awesome!

TCD 03 January 2023 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabidgerry (Post 1586355)
I had tried that but I may be didn't spend enough time trying to work it out etc.

You need to select 'Joypad customised' as the input type to be able to re-assign the buttons:

https://i.ibb.co/1qx2sSw/Turrican2-AGA-Disk1-001.png

AMike 03 January 2023 16:10

This port is a masterpiece. :)

rabidgerry 03 January 2023 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCD (Post 1586394)
You need to select 'Joypad customised' as the input type to be able to re-assign the buttons:

I think perhaps I moved the Pad option and flicked through the choices but didn't realise input type could also be changed. I'll try it later when I got home. It would make this 100% if I could save the option to have Jump on the CD32 blue button and Fire on the Red button.

Thanks TCD

sokolovic 03 January 2023 16:52

I know that they gave their authorization to use the name but I'd be curious to know if Factor 5 saw the final result.

TCD 03 January 2023 18:00

Trigger58 on a1k.org created a CD32 version... kinda. It'll only work with a TF330 and a CF card inserted. I've uploaded the image to the zone. Maybe somebody could fix it so it'll just work with a plain CD32? :)

rabidgerry 04 January 2023 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCD (Post 1586394)

Customised to my hearts content last night! Really excellent and spoilt for options with this new version.

I also discovered to can change the main character sprite to the Amiga version. That's really cool even if I like the DOS character.

Thankyou @Muzza superb work on bringing this to the Amiga.

vulture 05 January 2023 09:01

DamienD created some unofficial [CD32] versions:

... Turrican II - The Final Fight AGA v1.0 (2022)(Muzza)[2Mb Chip, 4Mb Fast][Amiga Character].zip

... Turrican II - The Final Fight AGA v1.0 (2022)(Muzza)[2Mb Chip, 4Mb Fast][DOS Character].zip

You can find them on the TURRAN FTP under:

/~Uploads/DamienD/CD32

TCD 05 January 2023 09:11

Great :great