English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 25 March 2020, 20:40   #1
manicx

Problems installing a CD drive with both IDEFix and CacheCDFS (CD0:Uninitialized)

Hi everyone

I am in the final steps of my A4000 OS3.9 installation in a new 8GB CF card. Basically, the OS is installed, boing bag 1 and 2 are installed. My next step was to install IDEFix since I have a registered version. (I didn't install the CD Driver from the OS3.9 CD) and also an old buffered 4-way IDE interface from Eyetech.

The installation starts, then it hangs when

Quote:
Starting AddIDEfixStartup
I wait but nothing. If I restart, I get the following

Tried twice, same result. In the past I never had such problem, not sure if it is PFS3 not liking something.

Then I decided to install CacheCDFS. I put the CF interface as Master and the CD drive as slave directly on the motherboard IDE since (as far as I am concerned) the OS3.9 CD driver doesn't support a 4-way Buffered IDE interface (correct me if I am wrong).

I installed with default values, as shown in the photos below, but all I get is a CD0:Uninitialized when I insert any CD. I also tried installing without SCSI Direct (I think I did) but had the same result. A bit desperate and annoyed at the moment. Any help is appreciated.