Well the other day, the postman delivered some 'liquid silver' and PCB varnish, courtesy of eBay. Yesterday, I finally plucked up the courage to attempt the repairs. I started off, by finding out which U13 pins went to the connector CN13, and checking the continutity with a cheapo meter. All said and done, the board had 3 broken traces... CN13/3, CN13/7 & CN13/12. 7 & 12 were easy to find, 3 was not where I suspected it to be, but right up next to the connector itself! Eventually found where the breaks were, and got started...
Didn't have a tool to remove the varnish, so I improvised, using an eraser, with a sowing needle pushed into it, to give me something to grip on to. I also used the screw on macro filters for my DSLR, so I could get a nice close view of the track/needle. Chipped a bit off at a time, cleaning with nail varnish remover (dont have isopropyl alcohol). To apply the silver, I used a wooden skewer (100 in a bag, Tesco), sharpened to within an inch of its life, and just "dabbed" the stuff along the track. It spread out a little, but I chipped that off, when it was dry with my pin/rubber.
Checked the continuity, and everything seemed fine. Left to dry overnight...
Today, plugged it in, booted the Workbench floppy, and everything on the keyboard is working just perfect
Thanks to everybody for helping me get it fixed, else it was headed for the tip! Don't know when I'll have time to play all the games that was in the box (musty be around a 100!) But will have fun anyhow
Also tried to install to the internal HD (30Mb), but after prep,the FormatHD reports the HD cannot be seen. Might be a fried HD. Have ordered a IDE to CF adapter, as I have plenty of CF cards as my camera uses them... hope it all works OK
A big thankyou to everyone (again)