|21 March 2017, 11:58||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2008
Hollywood 7: Eternity out now!
(News taken from Hollywood forums)
In the year of Hollywood's 15th anniversary, Airsoft Softwair, the hardest working men in code business, are back on your screen with Hollywood 7: Eternity. Hollywood 7.0 is a massive update with many new features and bug fixes. The most important new feature is full support for Unicode and native support for 64-bit CPUs on Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. This is especially useful on Linux because using 32-bit binaries on a 64-bit Linux is quite a hassle. On top of that, there are lots of other new features.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of new features in Hollywood 7.0:
* Unicode is now fully supported!
* Lots of new functions for dealing with Unicode text
* Hollywood is now available in native 64-bit versions for Windows, Linux, Mac OS, and iOS
* Mac OS and iOS backends have been completely rewritten, they are a lot faster now!
* High resolution ("Retina") displays now fully supported on Windows, Mac OS, and iOS; Hollywood is ultra-crisp in 4K modes now
* New hardware-accelerated full screen scale mode
* Faster drawing on Windows and Mac OS
* Lots of new features in the iOS backend
* Support for conditional compiling at preprocessor level
* Switch-Case statement supports fall through now
* Text can now be laid out in justified lines
* Lots of improvements in the IDE on Windows (e.g. direct help and syntax highlighting for functionality provided by plugins)
* Multi-coloured vector paths are now supported
* Live resizing on Windows and Mac OS
* Time-stamped events
* New example scripts
* 70 new pages of PDF documentation, now 924 altogether!
* Lots of other changes, optimizations and bug fixes
Hollywood 7.0 is the ultimate Multimedia experience and a must-have for all creative people. Hollywood is available on CD and as a download version. Both versions include Hollywood for all supported platforms (except the Android and iOS versions). It is no longer necessary to buy separate licenses for the different platforms. Buying Hollywood gives you a single-user license for all 15 platforms supported by Hollywood. If you already own Hollywood, you can buy a discounted upgrade version. People who bought Hollywood 6.1 in 2017 can request a free upgrade.
Hollywood is the ultimate bridge between all the different AmigaOS compatible platforms and the other three modern desktop systems, Windows, Mac OS, and Linux! Additionally, Hollywood also supports the Android and iOS platforms. A truly unique feature is the ability to cross-compile native executables for many different platforms including: AmigaOS3, AmigaOS4, WarpOS, MorphOS, AROS (x86), Windows (x86, x64), Mac OS X (x86, x64, ppc), and Linux (x86, x64, ppc, arm). You don't even have to own these platforms in order to compile executables for them. It's enough to run Hollywood on one of the supported platforms and then compile programs for all the others! Only Hollywood makes it possible. If you want to learn more about Hollywood, please visit the the official Hollywood portal which also has a forum for all questions concerning Hollywood.
All this makes Hollywood The Cross-Platform Multimedia Application Layer. Join the Multimedia revolution and get your personal copy of Hollywood 7: Eternity now!
This release was brought to you by Airsoft Softwair - the hardest working men in code business.
|22 March 2017, 00:47||#2|
Join Date: Dec 2015
That is amazing news. Is there a list of Hollywood applications somewhere that run on Classic Amigas somewhere? I searched aminet and only come up with Hollywood plugins.
Or maybe a better question. Are there any worthwhile classic Amiga applications written in Hollywood?
|22 March 2017, 00:52||#3|
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sydney / London
Jesus guys, do you think there is enough bold text used in your posts? I'm not sure...
Kind of detracts from the message
|22 March 2017, 15:03||#4|
Total Chaos forever!
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Seymour goes to Hollywood trainer||lesta_smsc||request.Other||2||05 February 2015 14:09|
|Seymour Goes To Hollywood. HELP!||NPI||support.Games||0||18 October 2006 14:45|
|Hollywood Hustler||Mark_C||request.Old Rare Games||2||14 January 2005 20:25|
|Hollywood now available for AmigaOS||Pyromania||Amiga scene||4||05 November 2002 17:48|
|Hollywood something or another||Fred the Fop||request.Old Rare Games||3||10 July 2002 07:37|