English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 19 June 2003, 03:41   #41
Unknown_K

Send a message via ICQ to Unknown_K
A classic game is always a classic even after technology advances and the platform it runs on is no more.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 19 June 2003, 09:06   #42
AmiGer

Quote:
Originally posted by Deadraque
Just gone go shoot a few Targoids, MKII Cobra's down hehe a few will know what game i am speaking about
Freelancer ?

Look here:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10188

Old 19 June 2003, 15:24   #43
Deadraque

Euh nope but the title was on the same page Elite of course.

Old 19 June 2003, 17:53   #44
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally posted by Deadraque
You forgot the most important

For me it is the lenght of the game, sure i do like 2D and do like 3D, some good came out like Mafia, Medal of Honor, GTA3 lately but it makes me mad that most of these games don't go over 20 hours of gameplay! I prefer less good graphics but solid gameplay and long veryyyyyyy long...
Like Diablo, Loom, Elite, Syndicate, Gran Turismo, Dune, Midwinter, Captain Blood, Suidoken and much more....
Anyway games that are long and fun... Stop making clone version 1605456 of doom with 8 hours of playtime like the latest...Unreal...
SUIKODEN!!!
Yay! Someone else out there has seen this gem of a RPG!
Old 21 June 2003, 17:21   #45
Deadraque

Ahhh someone that knows the game sorry wrote Suidoken always mixed the name never sure if it is suikoden or suidoken, anyway in case people ask what it is, it is a RPG (Final Fantasy kind) made for Playstation, it was great because you was able to play with a max of 108 characters while you choice 6 of them at max for your missions, but by chosing them some could combine and make special attacks... and much more... Probably the best game i played on Playstation next to Gran Turismo.

Old 21 June 2003, 18:20   #46
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Big grin

Sorry to continue off-topic for a second here folks! And lets not forget the great little touches in Suikoden like as your army expanded your Home base/Castle continued to expand & have features added to it!
Originally played it on rental,then after fruitless searching finally managed to secure it about a year or so ago-my biggest regret /annoyance is never being being able to get the sequel.
Although not in the FF class of depth, its still a great game.

Anyway,back on topic (somewhat!). Finally had a look at Pirates to see what the fuss was about-sailing around takes some getting used to,& quite fiddly,one go saw my ships wiped out in seconds for supposedly brushing too close to the shoreline, but before I even had time to react with changing the mouse pointer it'd smashed my mini-fleet in seconds.

Plus,on a another try, followed the stuffy governer's whims about taking on their enemies, took out an enemy merchant ship & when I tried to return back to port they sunk one of my ships for no bloody good reason!

I must admit,a map to navigate what island is what would be handy, it's very easy to become lost!
AdSense AdSense