English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 24 April 2003, 00:21   #21
Unknown_K

Send a message via ICQ to Unknown_K
Quote:
Originally posted by Konrad
Yeah, I remember. Back then it was fine, downloading games was for free. As far as I remember they had banners on their site...

As you say, the site was up for ages FOR FREE, so why should they need the money now for webspace ?
During the dotcom craze banners paid alot of money, they dont pay much at all these days.

Still if you want a site up YOU have to pay for it. Most sites that start charging money lose visitors like crazy because there are 100 other sites that are still free.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 24 April 2003, 00:31   #22
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by th4t1guy
I have an idea. Someone should start a non-profit website that accepts paypal donations, ect. When the the there's enough donations to finally buy the Emerald Mine cd (which IMO, is probably a scam), just release it for free to the rest of the world.
Yeah, I've thought about this, too. One copy and it will end up in TOSEC and EMC will be finished with sales to all but the most isolated (and gullible) individuals. Count me in!
Old 24 April 2003, 00:48   #23
Unknown_K

Send a message via ICQ to Unknown_K
Quote:
Originally posted by Twistin'Ghost
Yeah, I've thought about this, too. One copy and it will end up in TOSEC and EMC will be finished with sales to all but the most isolated (and gullible) individuals. Count me in!
The people smart enough to search for more then 5 minutes will know about tosec, and those that keep looking will find people with the actual files.

BUT, if you think about it there is a huge group of people spreading run of the mill PC games all over the internet and maybe 95% of PC users who want them have no clue about where to find them. So I would venture to say that the poeple who know where to get TOSEC already are few in number and wont pay somebody at EMC a single euro anyway. The people who dont know about TOSEC will still gladly pay for the download. I dont think anybody at EMC is losing sleep over TOSEC getting their cd.
Old 23 May 2003, 04:43   #24
WOC_Admin
Zone Friend

Hi,

Banners generate VERY little income nowadays. Infact, I'm even considering removing them from my site because for the revenue they produce - It's just not worth them being there.

I dont think hosting costs much at all to be honest. I mean, I pay for hosting because my website is a hobby. As with most of my hobbies - I have to pay for them in some way or form
AdSense AdSense