English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 20 March 2003, 23:17   #41
Akira

"Professional-looking" doesn't mean the game should have ANYTHING of what you have mentioned.

You just don't get it. I'll shut my mouth now.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 21 March 2003, 12:34   #42
IanS

Well Akira, certainly ONE of us doesn't "get it"... but it isn't me my friend.

If you can't see the difference between C64 and Amiga software development, perhaps you should ask those who do. Which brings us back nicely to these chaps who are working on this game.

Perhaps I'll make a game for my ZX81, and make it "look" professional. Transfer it to an Amiga... and it's crap. As far as I can see, the few developers there are can't win with you guys. You slate them for producing stuff when virtually nobody else does, and on the other hand you bemoan the lack of new software for a what is essentially a 'dead' platform. Christ, this thing isn't even out of beta yet.

No wonder the nobody produces Amiga stuff if this is all they get.
Old 23 March 2003, 08:02   #43
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Question

So are you saying then that noone is allowed to criticize it purely because they've chosen to develop an amiga game?
Old 23 March 2003, 12:22   #44
RetroMan

Quote:
Originally posted by 7-Zark-7
So are you saying then that noone is allowed to criticize it purely because they've chosen to develop an amiga game?
There´s a nice little difference between criticism and flaming
Old 23 March 2003, 20:05   #45
Akira

Nobody flamed the devs at first, people criticized the work and they jumped all over the place like kangaroos. I agree with Zark.
Old 24 March 2003, 18:18   #46
IanS

Somebody on here said it was "shit". That isn't criticism, it's just plain rude and unnecessary. When it's finished, then you can start saying things with certainty. Until then, just make suggestions, point out flaws and if you do it nicely, the developers are likely to work on it. Otherwise they'll get pissed off and give up. If you want to kill off what's left of the Amiga, keep on like this guys.

Personally, people who act like bursreg wouldn't get the time of day from me with that attitude, and if they were standing too close they'd get a damn sight more...
Old 24 March 2003, 19:54   #47
oldpx

Learn to read BURSEG.

I invite you to come visit me in Turkey personally and suggest riding the midnight express.

Get a life prick.

Old 24 March 2003, 21:17   #48
IanS

Well forgive my typo there BURSEG, I'm at work and was in a hurry. We can't all reach YOUR standard of perfection.

I have a life thanks... quite a good one. I don't need to call people names or make snide remarks to get my kicks. So perhaps you should rethink your position. And of course, although I wouldn't waste my time and money coming specifically to see you, I'm planning to tour much of Europe, parts of South America and Asia either later this year or early next, depending on work commitments. Send me an email with some details and I'll gladly pay you a visit to the 'friendly neighbourhood turk'... although personally I think you're the turkey around here.

You're loud, arrogant, rude and above all... you're quite pathetic. Take it somewhere else little man. Perhaps the local primary school will be more your sort of level.
Old 24 March 2003, 21:21   #49
RCK
Administrator

thread closed

RCK win!

fight yourself with pm or irc.
Old 25 March 2003, 02:31   #50
Amigaboy

Re: thread closed

Quote:
Originally posted by RCK
RCK win!