English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 21 February 2018, 03:03   #21
Originally Posted by idrougge View Post
The Buddha isn't faster than the onboard IDE.
hmm I recall that it was faster (a bit anyways) anyhow the onboard IDE in my A4000 with CS-MKIII takes forever too boot up and many times I have to reset the machine to get it to boot up properly...my buddy had same issue a decade ago and Buddha solved that issue ..glad I got it
AdSense AdSense  
Old 22 February 2018, 23:13   #22
"The Lurker"

Originally Posted by alexh View Post
Amiga 2000 and 3000 have no IDE and so can't use CF without a Buddha or similar

The question should be why would you use this instead of the latest SCSI2SD?
Regarding the scsi2sd: I've had mixed success. While it's more or less working, it often won't boot if the computer has been on for a while already (yes, could be a sign of another issue...my SCSI bus -and my A3000 in general- has always had some voodoo on it.) The drives I've created (PFS) always seem to just be a couple bits shy of a disk error. Sometimes I'll get those very bad PFS errors etc. Needless to say I've been keeping regular backups on my system.

I'm hoping the new Buddha will be a dependable solution. It's new, so I'm giving it time before adding it to the list of storage systems that have failed me. Maybe all of my woes, regardless of the technology involved are a big fat PEBKAC. Honestly, I'm willing to keep trying stuff until I find a solution that works for me. I'll just ebay the stuff that doesn't. Fortunately, as these things go, the Buddha is pretty reasonably priced.
Old 23 February 2018, 14:31   #23
Needs a life

There's been an update to the CPLD: http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/Buddha#CPLD_Upgrade
To program this, at the moment you will need a JTAG programmer, and also to adapt the cable to the Buddha pinout... Jens is working on an Amiga side updater.

And also an update to the firmware, released in beta: http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/File:BuddhaSCSI.lha which you will need the firmware updater to load: http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/File:BFlashTool.lha

Lots more information in German on A1K.org. www.a1k.org/forum/showthread.php?t=62869&page=25
AdSense AdSense