http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8895

Edit: Oh you beaten me to it Burseg
Old 28 February 2003, 18:47   #4
oldpx

You too Paul!

Old 28 February 2003, 19:18   #5
Diggit

Hey Burseg :hoo

Actually I found the post by Mess usefull, since I ONLY READ THIS FORUM about WinUAE. Or in your words I indeed never bother about looking in the other forums...
(Btw, I bet a lot of other peeps do so too.)

Now let's see if my PC Competitor interface will work with 2 joysticks now!

/me speeding over to WinUAE homepage

Old 01 March 2003, 19:35   #6
trodas
old Amiga fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to trodas Send a message via AIM to trodas Send a message via MSN to trodas Send a message via Skype™ to trodas
new WinUAE is GREAT!!!

Anyway, the point is, at least my one, that the lastest 0.8.22 R5 relase realy KICK ASS there - the speed-up on my OS 3.9 system is simply unbeliable, instead of 30 sec waiting to boot i get snappy booting into few seconds (2-3) and there is not configuration change - so - Toni, DAMN good work, dude, keep it up

Congratulations. The bughunting for AOS 3.9 issues seems to be pretty sucesfull and the emulator is now so damn snappy - amazing!

What the hell is changed there, to make WinUAE rock now that much? Its fast!!! :eek
Old 02 March 2003, 00:10   #7
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Re: new WinUAE is GREAT!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by trodas
Anyway, the point is, at least my one, that the lastest 0.8.22 R5 relase realy KICK ASS there - the speed-up on my OS 3.9 system is simply unbeliable, instead of 30 sec waiting to boot i get snappy booting into few seconds (2-3) and there is not configuration change - so - Toni, DAMN good work, dude, keep it up
FINALLY a positive word from you, Trodas, and not just that 'suxx' thing with this .. uh .. alternative kind of English spelling

Secondly, don't forget there's not just Toni. There's also a beta testing team who gave about 30 constructive, non-reproachful (!!!) bug reports (there were EIGHT private betas issued until you could see this final release) to him until this miracle could be made happen eventually!
Not to forget non-betatesting people like Mark Cox for his nice Action Replay enhancements and other supporters.
Old 02 March 2003, 01:59   #8
fiath

Re: Re: new WinUAE is GREAT!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by andreas
Secondly, don't forget there's not just Toni. There's also a beta testing team who gave about 30 constructive, non-reproachful (!!!) bug reports (there were EIGHT private betas issued until you could see this final release) to him until this miracle could be made happen eventually!
Not to forget non-betatesting people like Mark Cox for his nice Action Replay enhancements and other supporters.
+ Many problems with the emulation highlighted by C.A.P.S. files, with lots of help from IFW.
Old 02 March 2003, 03:02   #9
trodas
old Amiga fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to trodas Send a message via AIM to trodas Send a message via MSN to trodas Send a message via Skype™ to trodas
andreas - when things working, i praising and blessing autors When not, i dont care if im going o "insult" someone by my opinion, but word suxx is rather defining how things worked, at least for me

But now its far, far better, almost perfect and great (tought its only a emulation and one should not expect miracles =:-/ ) and mainly the booting speed is comparable to real and realy fast Amiga!
Phew, in fact, timed it out, it beat my A4k CSPPC 060/50 with 10k RPM UW scsi drive - whats kinda good, considering my mediocre PC, as todays 1.1Ghz P3 crap is...

And whoa, 8 betas? 30 bugreports? Gosh, it looks that its time to thank many other ppls too, for their AMAZING work on WinUAE!
So, dudes, even i dont know us, a BIG thanks must go to us all, since WinUAE seems, at least for me, greatly improved - at least into the boot time and AOS 3.9 bb2 compatibility matters, so - dont fall asleep on roses of fame - but its time to admit that WinUAE getting close to perfection
F*cking good job, dudes!

fiath - good job, then! Congratulations.
I dont even want to spoil all that by testing, if the ENV: on disk worked or not
Since i fear that no - at least yet.
Old 02 March 2003, 12:40   #10
fiath

Quote:
fiath - good job, then! Congratulations.
I dont even want to spoil all that by testing, if the ENV: on disk worked or not
Since i fear that no - at least yet.
Nothing to do with me...
Old 03 March 2003, 01:55   #11
Akira

Re: new WinUAE is GREAT!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by trodas
What the hell is changed there, to make WinUAE rock now that much? Its fast!!! :eek
Something in your PC configuration, probably.
Old 07 March 2003, 21:06   #12
trodas
old Amiga fanatic

Wink

Akira, nope, not a single bit...
Old 07 March 2003, 23:47   #13
Echo

Is 3.9 that bloated then? The (quite heavily customised) 3.0 I use boots in 8-10 seconds on the A1200, and 3-4 seconds on UAE.
AdSense AdSense