English Amiga Board Amiga Lore


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 18 September 2017, 15:05   #41
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France
dlfrsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Melun nearby Paris/France
Age: 40
Posts: 7,092
Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro1234 View Post
You have to use High Density disk
I did, and it doesn't work.
dlfrsilver is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 18 September 2017, 16:00   #42
Mrz
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Italy
Posts: 92
btw,

I have reading powercopy docs and there is a nice surprise
says there that powercopy can use a floppy drive with speed motor control instead the hardware device, so basically having connected one of these drives on the Amiga we can write long tracks or RNC without the powercopy hardware device

but which models of floppy drives have speed motor control?
I think I will make a new thread about this
Mrz is offline  
Old 18 September 2017, 17:43   #43
Retro1234
5150

Retro1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sycophantazia
Posts: 3,715
I think Maverick had a drive with speed motor control - anyone know how this are made.....

Id be interested if someone could do some conclusive tests with the original Cyclone wired cartridge - Ive probably asked this before ...........
Retro1234 is offline  
Old 18 September 2017, 21:48   #44
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France
dlfrsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Melun nearby Paris/France
Age: 40
Posts: 7,092
Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrz View Post
btw,

I have reading powercopy docs and there is a nice surprise
says there that powercopy can use a floppy drive with speed motor control instead the hardware device, so basically having connected one of these drives on the Amiga we can write long tracks or RNC without the powercopy hardware device

but which models of floppy drives have speed motor control?
I think I will make a new thread about this
Powercopy is the best copy tool out there for the amiga. It supports the dongle, but also any floppy drive with motor control.
dlfrsilver is offline  
Old 19 September 2017, 21:21   #45
JimDrew
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Utilities like Lockpick are the only way to make working images from IPF/SCP images that are copy protected with Copylock/Speedlock/Weak bits in WinUAE provided the utility supports the game! But, even an Extended ADF file still might not be able to contain the data on the IPF/SCP if it's data that can't be held in an Extended ADF format!
No reason to use an extended .adf image when you can use a .scp image directly in WinUAE and everything (regardless of copy protection) works.
JimDrew is offline  
Old 19 September 2017, 21:22   #46
JimDrew
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
Sybil is something else. It allows to make an analogic copy of a protected disk.
Huh? SYBIL makes an exact copy (or image file) of the disk using a single drive, and supports long tracks, weakbits, strongbits (no flux areas), etc. It uses PAULA to accomplish this.
JimDrew is offline  
Old 19 September 2017, 21:24   #47
JimDrew
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
no amiga in the world can write back turrican II disk, (neither BC kid or Turrican 3, the tracks are way too long for paula to write back).
That's not true. Supercard Ami, Supercard Ami II, and SYBIL can all copy Turrican I/II/III - and SYBIL does it using PAULA.
JimDrew is offline  
Old 19 September 2017, 21:31   #48
Retro1234
5150

Retro1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sycophantazia
Posts: 3,715
We're talking about writing "disk images" on Real Amiga or creating disk images with Amiga that can be used on WinUae
PowerCopy is a copier like the original Supercard Ami but uses its own style images.
Most of these style copiers Supercard Ami, Cyclone etc can copy such games but AFAIK only powercopy can create images.

Unfortunately the PowerCopy HardWare cartridge is rare so this also limits to writing protections the standard Amiga drive can write.

Last edited by Retro1234; 19 September 2017 at 21:39.
Retro1234 is offline  
Old 19 September 2017, 21:44   #49
Retro1234
5150

Retro1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sycophantazia
Posts: 3,715
Psygore also mentiones writing Turrican 2 back to Disk with a HD drive and HD disks here....
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=699381#post699381
Retro1234 is offline  
Old 19 September 2017, 21:56   #50
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France
dlfrsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Melun nearby Paris/France
Age: 40
Posts: 7,092
Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
That's not true. Supercard Ami, Supercard Ami II, and SYBIL can all copy Turrican I/II/III - and SYBIL does it using PAULA.
Yes but this is not the point. The point was "Paula alone doesn't allow to write back on disk tracks as long as $3500".

That's how the protection works on those 3 games. A standard Floppy drive + Paula is unable to write such long tracks.

Sybil can do it, it's written inside WWARP manual, nothing new under the sun
dlfrsilver is offline  
Old 19 September 2017, 22:01   #51
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Galahad/FLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 44
Posts: 6,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
Yes but this is not the point. The point was "Paula alone doesn't allow to write back on disk tracks as long as $3500".

That's how the protection works on those 3 games. A standard Floppy drive + Paula is unable to write such long tracks.

Sybil can do it, it's written inside WWARP manual, nothing new under the sun
I think youre underplaying the importance of Sybil hardware. There is a reason why Phil Douglas wrote a warper for it, there is a reason why Mok used it, and there is a reason why I had one

Sybil is awesome.
Galahad/FLT is online now  
Old 19 September 2017, 22:08   #52
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France
dlfrsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Melun nearby Paris/France
Age: 40
Posts: 7,092
Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
I think youre underplaying the importance of Sybil hardware. There is a reason why Phil Douglas wrote a warper for it, there is a reason why Mok used it, and there is a reason why I had one

Sybil is awesome.
oh yes for sure I'm not saying it's bad or whatever else.

I just say that without an external device, you can't copy or replicate those disks.

Nothing more
dlfrsilver is offline  
Old 20 September 2017, 13:08   #53
Mrz
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Italy
Posts: 92
I was researching on the web and it seems the only floppy drives with speed motor control or variable speed are the old MAC 800k floppy drives

but those floppy drives were very expensive, even today are expensive
and perhaps the reason because SYBIL was done, because the SYBIL was cheapeast than a MAC drive

I wonder which floppy drive+motor speed control can work with powercopy,
the powercopy' author don't specify nothing which model, which brand????
wtf ?

is there a way to connect a MAC 800k floppy drive to the AMiga?
Mrz is offline  
Old 20 September 2017, 13:11   #54
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France
dlfrsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Melun nearby Paris/France
Age: 40
Posts: 7,092
Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrz View Post
I was researching on the web and it seems the only floppy drives with speed motor control or variable speed are the old MAC 800k floppy drives

but those floppy drives were very expensive, even today are expensive
and perhaps the reason because SYBIL was done, because the SYBIL was cheapeast than a MAC drive

I wonder which floppy drive+motor speed control can work with powercopy,
the powercopy' author don't specify nothing which model, which brand????
wtf ?

is there a way to connect a MAC 800k floppy drive to the AMiga?
Turrican series were mastered on Nec FD1035 floppy drives with motor control.
dlfrsilver is offline  
Old 20 September 2017, 14:14   #55
Mrz
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Italy
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
Turrican series were mastered on Nec FD1035 floppy drives with motor control.
ah ok. I see is an old drive from 1984 according to this manual

http://nfggames.com/X68000/Documenta...5%20Floppy.pdf

but does not say anything about speed motor control

it seems these drives Commodore bundled only with the Amiga 1000 and external drives
so anyone which have an Amiga 1000 or old external drives could have one

http://www.amiga-stuff.com/hardware/diskdrives.html


from where you got that factor 5 mastered disks using these drives?
Mrz is offline  
Old 20 September 2017, 14:18   #56
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France
dlfrsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Melun nearby Paris/France
Age: 40
Posts: 7,092
Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrz View Post
ah ok. I see is an old drive from 1984 according to this manual

http://nfggames.com/X68000/Documenta...5%20Floppy.pdf

but does not say anything about speed motor control

it seems these drives Commodore bundled only with the Amiga 1000 and external drives
so anyone which have an Amiga 1000 or old external drives could have one

http://www.amiga-stuff.com/hardware/diskdrives.html


from where you got that factor 5 mastered disks using these drives?
the information has been given here, on EAB. the drive was tweaked by Jens Schoenfeld if i remember correctly.
dlfrsilver is offline  
Old 20 September 2017, 14:42   #57
Mrz
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Italy
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
the information has been given here, on EAB. the drive was tweaked by Jens Schoenfeld if i remember correctly.
ah ok thanks for the info
I found this thread http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...id=4&styleid=1

it seems this drive have a potentiometer which goes to 290 rpm to 330 rpm

are you sure this drive will work with powercopy and will write long tracks and all other protections which need different rpm?
Mrz is offline  
Old 20 September 2017, 15:23   #58
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France
dlfrsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Melun nearby Paris/France
Age: 40
Posts: 7,092
Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrz View Post
ah ok thanks for the info
I found this thread http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...id=4&styleid=1

it seems this drive have a potentiometer which goes to 290 rpm to 330 rpm

are you sure this drive will work with powercopy and will write long tracks and all other protections which need different rpm?
With $3500 in length, you can reply almost any protection using longtracks.

Special protection with weakbits, no flux area, i don't know, i have never seen or used such a drive.
dlfrsilver is offline  
Old 20 September 2017, 16:20   #59
Mrz
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Italy
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
With $3500 in length, you can reply almost any protection using longtracks.

Special protection with weakbits, no flux area, i don't know, i have never seen or used such a drive.
ok, a few more questions

at how many rpm the floppy drive must spin to write turrican 2 and 3 ?

and how many rpm to write the track 1 of lethal weapon ?


btw,I done more games using powercopy

stormlord
gods
rainbow islands
rock'n roll
rick dangerous 2
ghost battle - seems is working but there are gfx bugs in my A1200 , this game is not 100% AGA compatible


chaos engine aga - fails on powercopy but can be written with wwarp

idem for

assasin se
alien breed se
arcade pool
super frog

and perhaps all those team 17 games can br written with wwarp
Mrz is offline  
Old 20 September 2017, 17:51   #60
Retro1234
5150

Retro1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sycophantazia
Posts: 3,715
Gods has a notorious copy protection you've think you've copied it but it will actually be harder then the original and crash if you can get as far as the first boss - it can be patched with the Amiga Patch List.

Lethal Weapon - RawCopy supposedly removes the copy protection - Don't know how you use RawCopy.

The Maverick Backup buddy is the only Drive I know that could alter the speed.
Retro1234 is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ghost battle 1 disk cracked version or IPF Sandro request.Old Rare Games 2 26 September 2016 01:42
The Final Battle (Original/Uncracked) Kirben request.Old Rare Games 1 12 July 2015 04:22
Ghost floppy merlinkv support.Hardware 1 13 May 2010 09:12
Ghost Battle music confusion s2325 Retrogaming General Discussion 1 24 April 2009 12:07
FIXED: Ghost Battle (Slave update) Chain project.Killergorilla's WHD packs 76 06 October 2008 02:28

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.22394 seconds with 11 queries