English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 03 June 2017, 23:04   #1
Vicky

WinUAE and BoingBags 3 & 4

Recently I decided to install large hard drives. I am using OS 3.9 and WinUAE 3.4.0. I used PFSaio for the file system and I had read that I needed to install BoingBags 3 & 4 in order to be able to partition them properly. I did that and partitioned all of them very easily. Then, this morning, I decided to install software from ADF files. When I did that WinUAE crashed and created a .dmp file. I was mystified and checked my installation of WinUAE and my boot directory and my SD card. Then I noticed that on the cards and in the boot directories that the BoingBags had been inst stalled to were the ones that crashed when I tried to load an ADF file. So, I took a boot directory and SD card that they had not been installed to and installed BB #1 and loaded ADF files. No problem. I installed BB #2 and loaded ADF files. No problem. I installed BB #3 & 4 and tried to load ADF files and WinUAE crashed with a .dmp file. The solution was simple-after the drive is partitioned, format and re-install the OS. Does anyone know of an easier way?
AdSense AdSense  
Old 04 June 2017, 09:13   #2
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Can you be clearer about what is happening? What version of BB3&4 are you using? What do you mean "tried to load an ADF file"? You mean that as soon as you inserted a virtual floppy with the "Floppy drives" panel of WinUAE, the emulator crashed? Or are you trying to boot from or otherwise actually run an ADF? Can you attach the .dmp file?
Old 04 June 2017, 15:51   #3
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

If you can repeat it with JIT disabled: attach the dmp file.
AdSense AdSense