English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 26 May 2017, 00:07   #1
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Windows 7 - WinUAE won't write to the disk

I have tried to prepare a CF card under WinUAE for usage in my real Amiga through and USB reader. I got various errors, such as

when I tried to save changes to drive in HDtoolbox. Then I learned that my CF has to be unformatted. So I downloaded a tool for erasing partitions and performed that on my CF card. Now WinUAE was happy with it, I normally mounted my CF as a harddrive, read/write and everything seemed to be okay.

I run WinUAE in Administrator mode.

I managed to read my CF configuration in HDtoolbox and saved it to the drive (status turned from Changed to Unchanged), so I went through the whole normal way and created partitions, filesystem etc. Until the final save (just before reboot), when WinUAE says this:

And now tell me why, when I run the program in Admin mode?
AdSense AdSense  
Old 26 May 2017, 00:18   #2
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL Send a message via Skype™ to FOL
You need to use diskpart and clean the disk. Diskpart removes all data from disk (including all partition info).
However its very important you select the correct drive as diskpart can be dangerous.

Select your drive, then type "clean" (without quotes) and press return.
Old 26 May 2017, 04:36   #3
Sinphaltimus

I ran into this issue tonight actually. Sometimes on the first "clean" attempt diskpart might throw a similar error. Just execute the clean command again until you no longer get the error. You can verify with detail disk command before and after the clean.

And just for extra measure, i also run WinUAE as Administrator but not via the right click method. I set the shortcut properties and the exe properties to "Run As Administrator" in the compatability tab. I can't confirm or deny if running As Administrator matters once the disk is properly clean 'ed.
AdSense AdSense