English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 10 May 2017, 12:27   #1
Foebane

Any way of setting default path for Quickstart?

I have my emulators stored in their own individual folders marked "(platform) Emulator" and all of their corresponding software in individual folders marked "(platform)" Software.

When I start up WinUAE for the first time, the default path for Quickstart is always within the "AMIGA Emulator" folder (the WinUAE home folder) but what I'd like to do is to have it start from within the root of the "AMIGA Software" folder instead. Is there a way to do that? Paths doesn't seem to have it.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 10 May 2017, 16:21   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Try -datapath <path> command line parameter. There is nothing in GUI to set it. (Perhaps it should..)
Old 10 May 2017, 18:15   #3
Foebane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Try -datapath <path> command line parameter. There is nothing in GUI to set it. (Perhaps it should..)
Sorry, Toni, it didn't quite work. It changed ALL the paths to my software folder and I lost my configurations (they're stored within the WinUAE folder).

I tried editing "Start in" in the shortcut properties, but that didn't work.

Any other possibilities? Or am I going to have to move my software folder inside WinUAE's folder?
Old 10 May 2017, 18:43   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Oops, -datapath means put all the config/whatever stuff there..

What do you mean by default path? Where should it appear? When opening disk image selection dialog?
Old 10 May 2017, 19:06   #5
Foebane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Oops, -datapath means put all the config/whatever stuff there..

What do you mean by default path? Where should it appear? When opening disk image selection dialog?
I found a solution that works fine, but I'll explain:

I have a system where my "AMIGA Emulator" and "AMIGA Software" folders (which are on the same level hierarchically) can each be deleted and reinstalled from a ZIP depository elsewhere on my HDD, to restore the contents to their original state after a lot of use creating temporary files or unwanted changes, for example.

Well, every time I "reset" the emulator folder (WinUAE) it would default to that folder and I'd have to change it manually. I wanted it to go to the software folder instead.

However, I've discovered a neat Windows way of simply going to the software folder from the emulator folder by using the path editor in the Windows file selector that comes up when you want to insert a disk in Quickstart. In the path editor, clicking on the little right arrow before "AMIGA Emulator" brings up the list of the folders on that level, and I can select "AMIGA Software" quickly and easily. I've used Windows 7 for years and I've only recently discovered this trick.

Anyway, I've found a good solution and it works. Thanks, anyway!
AdSense AdSense