English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 11 April 2017, 20:01   #1
Legionary
OldSk00l Crackers

Ikari warriors aga fix by galahad

Hi!

i tried the aga fix for Ikari warriors done by galahad, and there's a trainer from Another grup aswwll. The problem is thet when i run ikari.exe, which probably should load ikari.game but nothing happans? Whats wrong? I snooped it but couldn't find the solution.

Leg!
AdSense AdSense  
Old 11 April 2017, 20:26   #2
DamienD
Global Moderator

Thread moved to the support.Games section
Old 12 April 2017, 05:27   #3
Anakirob
Banned

Hey, I have a crazy idea to make navigating the information on EAB easier. Could we possibly have a sub-forum for all the support.games threads which are for patches, packages, AGA fixes, and things of this nature? I imagine that's a job for RCK and not a moderator, but I also imagine that you carry a bit more authority than me and if you could get behind this DamienD then it would be far more likely to happen.

And maybe another sub-forum for all your (and eveyone else's) HDF packages if there are enough of them to justify their own forum.

They are all in the correct forum now, but I can see that this may even mean that we won't get the threads where someone is complaining that a game won't run on their machine only to be directed to an existing thread which concluded with a patch or package to fix the issue as it will be nice and easy to browse the list of games that have been patched on EAB without needing to search all the file server directories.
Old 12 April 2017, 09:45   #4
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Ikari.exe allocates 880k chip mem and 512k fast mem and then tries to load IKARI.MAIN (which is the compressed disk image) and the highscore file. The file loading routine has a wrong error check (only the result of the last Close() call is checked with an incorrect error code) hence the patch silently quits.
Old 17 April 2017, 08:08   #5
Legionary
OldSk00l Crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
Ikari.exe allocates 880k chip mem and 512k fast mem and then tries to load IKARI.MAIN (which is the compressed disk image) and the highscore file. The file loading routine has a wrong error check (only the result of the last Close() call is checked with an incorrect error code) hence the patch silently quits.
Hi Stingray!

Is there a working version of that aga fix? otherwise i'll stick to whdload, but it would be nice to have that aga fix on disk as well.

Leg!
Old 30 April 2017, 16:54   #6
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Well, you could try my version of that very game. Trained, 680x0 fixed, high score saver etc. pp. Attached to this post.
Old 01 May 2017, 10:43   #7
Legionary
OldSk00l Crackers

Thx! Stingray.

I'm collecting games, and like ikari warriers (i have an original copy of it, a 10 star release). I'm slowly getting back inteo coding again, but i've forgot a lot.
AdSense AdSense