English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 10 April 2017, 14:06   #1
@Arcade_Adriano

Ronald Pieket Interview - SWIV & Silkworm

Mostly known for his stellar Amiga work, Ronald Pieket also brought us the excellent Silkworm and SWIV. Please enjoy a nice interview below:

http://www.arcadeattack.co.uk/ronald-pieket/

Kind Regards

Adrian
AdSense AdSense  
Old 10 April 2017, 18:27   #2
Leffmann

Thanks a lot for this, I like his interviews and the technical details he shares. There's another good interview with him by Codetapper where they discuss his older Amiga games in lots of technical depth.

Quote:
I have always felt that storytelling and character development do not belong in video games. Not at all. Video games, in my opinion, are best when they are left open, a blank canvas for the player’s imagination and experience. It’s about the activity, the skill, the achievement.
I agree a lot with this. I can't stand some of these games where they literally smear every character and their memories and miseries in your face, and make you spend more time reading dialogues than actual playing.

Quote:
That said I wouldn’t turn down a date with Nathan Drake. He’s hot.
Good on you
Old 11 April 2017, 11:32   #3
@Arcade_Adriano

Thanks Leffman, Ron was a pleasure to talk to and he certainly knows his stuff! I used to love Silkworm and SWIV - top class arcade action in my eyes!
AdSense AdSense