English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 10 April 2017, 15:44   #41
Anakirob
Banned

The thread title says "SteamPC"
But upon investigation it seems that it is actually
Windows and MacOS only!
So I take issue with the use of the term SteamPC in this threads title as I feel it is fundamentally inaccurate!

It is a Windows and MacOS game and will not run on either of MY "SteamPC's"!

Therefore it is not a bloody SteamPC game when it is not available for SteamOS as well!

It is a Windows game! I take issue with the idea that Windows=PC. I expect better from the Amiga community. Shame!

There are many PC's which do not run Microsoft or Apple products which do run Steam. Get it right!

Although judging from the screenshots, as a SteamOS user I am not missing out on much by not being able to run this game in the Linux client any more than I was missing out by not being able to play the crappy Cannon Fodder 3 game. The fact that supporting Linux seems to require a degree of technical competency outside of the abilities of many producers of mediocre Steam games seems to mean that while there may be less titles available the ones that are available tend to have a higher quality on average.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 10 April 2017, 16:49   #42
Akira

Wow this looks so fucking terrible!
The main character is some fat slob. What in the hell.
Old 10 April 2017, 17:21   #43
Leffmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil79 View Post
GODS Remastered
Quote:
Yesterday at 10:05
It's fascinating that so many people feel the urge to bash what other people do. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have people around on this page who are capable of articulating constructive criticism, since this is what makes the project better. However, I'm not willing to waste my energy for reading your ranting and trolling, if you have just came here to rant and rave, please move on, your posts will be deleted.
Well, can you blame the guy? All he's saying is that if people don't like the game then that's fine and they're free to say so, but they should at least formulate it into some criticism, instead of just popping in to leave the equivalent of a verbal vomit. Do you really think he's wrong?
Old 10 April 2017, 17:35   #44
amuleth

Yes. He's just posing like a person who is open to all ideas but since he hid the Youtube comments section (non of them were bashing) and seeing his replies on steam he looks like just an arrogant doushbag. And in this example, everyone has right to bash something like this lazy shit. This is a total insult to human intellect and the original. If he was a rational person, he was cancel the project and would start from the scratch. Just like in Outcast remaster campaign. But there is no single sign he will do that.

Last edited by amuleth; 10 April 2017 at 17:44.
Old 10 April 2017, 17:37   #45
Anakirob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leffmann View Post
Well, can you blame the guy? All he's saying is that if people don't like the game then that's fine and they're free to say so, but they should at least formulate it into some criticism, instead of just popping in to leave the equivalent of a verbal vomit. Do you really think he's wrong?
I think it's wrong to say "SteamPC". I would have accepted "Steam" or "Steam Store" but to me "SteamPC" means "Steam Machine" which runs SteamOS natively.

In summary: No SteamOS support means that he is indeed very wrong!

As to the quality of the game itself I will say no more than I have already said, if you want to buy this for your Windows or Mac computer then go ahead. Just don't say you weren't warned.
Old 11 April 2017, 00:51   #46
Cherno

I never played Gods that much but I'd rather play the original with it's awesome pixel art than the "HD" version. If a remastered version is released, I'd only like it to have better controls, especially the jumping mechanics don't hold up to today's standard IMHO, and the way he turns with a delay is also not to my taste. If you like it, then whatever floats your boat
Old 11 April 2017, 02:05   #47
Anakirob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherno View Post
I never played Gods that much but I'd rather play the original with it's awesome pixel art than the "HD" version. If a remastered version is released, I'd only like it to have better controls, especially the jumping mechanics don't hold up to today's standard IMHO, and the way he turns with a delay is also not to my taste. If you like it, then whatever floats your boat
I totally agree with this statement. If I had to say what I would want from a Gods remake to make me want to add it to my library:

1- Use the original game assets as much as possible

2- Fix the playability issues which plagued the original

3- New levels and/or multiple game modes

Unfortunately this remake seems to be ignoring all three of these points.
Old 11 April 2017, 02:30   #48
Cherno

I occasionally dream of remaking all these classic platformers into Metroidvania type of games (which I love). I already toyed around with a remake of Shadow of the Beast II but Gods would make another prime candidate. More fluid character controls and slightly faster movement would already make this game much better!
Old 11 April 2017, 02:32   #49
mintsauce82

Looks like total garbage. Very disappointing.
Old 16 April 2017, 01:15   #50
ransom1122

Got some time to look at the video. I think the character looks terrible. Nothing like the gritty looking and firm to the ground control the original has. Best thing about it was that it had the original classic included.
Old 16 April 2017, 05:21   #51
wXR

Agreed, this looks appallingly bad.
Old 12 May 2017, 13:13   #52
Neil79

Greenlight success!
http://www.indieretronews.com/2017/0...s-classic.html
AdSense AdSense