English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 02 April 2017, 21:57   #1
AMIGASYSTEM

AMiGA Games Spoken

Does anyone remember Games or Educational Applications where you could communicate ?
AdSense AdSense  
Old 03 April 2017, 06:49   #2
Anakirob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Does anyone remember Games or Educational Applications where you could communicate ?
Are you asking about games and applications which used a parallel sampler cartridge to record the users voice for use as an input?

I don't believe I know of any, but can totally conceive of such a thing existing. I would imagine as some sort of proprietary engine for a custom Amiga based machine, like a kiosk. Say for a drivers test or automated information booth.

Also, if you wider your criteria to include all applications, not just educational ones. While I do not know if such a program exists I can easily imagine that there may be some kind of dictation software on Aminet, especially if you include the "modern" Amigas as well as the "classics".

Or are you asking about games and applications which used the translator and narrator functionality of the AmigaOS to read on-screen text out loud to the user? I can name several, mostly text adventures. But I have the feeling that these are not what you are asking about.

Last edited by Anakirob; 03 April 2017 at 06:56.
Old 03 April 2017, 12:45   #3
Seiya

he wants to know if there are talkie games that use narrator.device
i found some games on Appel II GS with similar talkie quality and i thought to remember something also on Amiga, but i searched in these days without success.
Old 03 April 2017, 13:21   #4
Anakirob
Banned

Someone would need to confirm, but I seem to recall that the Magnetic Scrolls text adventures such as Wonderland & Fish featured narrator.device text-readers.

If you are looking for Amiga games that used the narrator.device then you are more likely to find them if you look at games released in '91 or earlier.

Text adventure's are most likely to have these, but some other games do too. Like the Discovery series of educational games. I can distinctly recall the computerised voice of the security terminals in Discovery Maths.
AdSense AdSense