English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 18 March 2017, 12:03   #1
Tarjan

Disk not validated error WinUAE 3.4.0

Hi folks,
I am using WinUAE for years. The old WinUAE does no longer work on my new computers, due to the 16Bit Colour system, so I upgraded to WinUAE 3.4.0. It worked, o.k. I started my favourite Game (Bards Tale I), and WHAM !! DISK NOT VALIDATED !! Holy shit, I havent seen this crap error since I ceased using my old Amiga 2000 because of it ! It never happened on old WinUAE, but this error is fatal by destroying the disk images, and I have no idea how to overcome it. Someone knows how to set up WinUAE to get rid of it ?

Please do not remind me on Disksalv, Disk-Validator or Antivirus, I know that all, but I want to handle the root, not the symptom.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 18 March 2017, 12:13   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Most common cause is shutting down/reseting when not all data has been flushed to the disk (Buffers are usually flushed after 1-3s delay).

It is also possible some game(s) with bad hd support take over the system too quickly after saving. Shutting down/reseting without exiting the game first game cause same problem.

This is not emulator specific and emulation also can't protect from it. (Unless you use directory harddrives)

Only "fix" is to not use FFS.

EDIT: Another possibility is >4G wrap around problem but it also most commonly hides for some time and suddenly whole partition is gone..
AdSense AdSense