English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 23 January 2017, 17:55   #1
Foebane

Quick way of updating all config files?

I couldn't help noticing that my config files have become outdated since my move from 3.3.0 to 3.4.0. Using Diff Checker, I see that some old settings have been removed and some new ones added.

Is there a quick way for me to update my six config files, or is it simply down to selecting each one in Configurations (or Host) and then selecting Load and then Save? Do I have to quit and restart WinUAE each time?
AdSense AdSense  
Old 23 January 2017, 18:18   #2
DamienD
Global Moderator

I've mentioned in one of your other threads that NotePad++ is awesome for changing lines in multiple configuration files

...but seriously, you only have 6 configuration files (I have 1600+, one for each game) so I would say in your case just load each and then save. You don't need to quit WinUAE after updating each one.

Just for reference, I still use configuration files from WinUAE v1.0.0 and these still work perfectly in any WinUAE version
Old 23 January 2017, 18:45   #3
Foebane

Yes, WinUAE is one of those cases where the developers strive to maintain compatibility with previous versions, and that is to be applauded.

It's just that other emulators I've used have totally transformed their way of saving configurations: VICE's latest version, as an example, in which my old configuration file for that actually causes problems, so I had to set everything up from scratch and create a new one, simply because the developers wanted to save just the differences from the default settings instead of all settings, like VICE used to.

I just like my settings to be kept up to date, as a personal preference.
Old 23 January 2017, 20:07   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Saving config with newer version automatically drops obsoleted config entries and it may also fix possible known problems (but this happens rarely).
AdSense AdSense