English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 15 December 2016, 12:14   #21
DamienD
Global Moderator

Had a quick bash. As others have said it's quite difficult, couldn't get past level 2 in Fun

...mind you I'm no Lemmings expert
AdSense AdSense  
Old 15 December 2016, 13:28   #22
Amigajay
醉拳

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoHippie2016 View Post
I do not have the time yet to play your latest Release. I think next week. But I am very happy and I am wondering me, that you Investigates so much work for us Amiga (CD32) Freaks! By the way: big Thanks for an CDTV Release!!
Thanks! Yeah i picked the CDTV version to edit as i wanted this great machine to have a version too, someone has tested and confirmed to work on real hardware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Had a quick bash. As others have said it's quite difficult, couldn't get past level 2 in Fun

...mind you I'm no Lemmings expert
Yes the levels are jumbled up, probably best to practice on the first Lemmings, either that or skip levels using passcodes i.e the same codes for Lem 1 work here
Old 15 December 2016, 20:12   #23
Lemming880

Great to see new Lemming levels. This must have been a lot of work and I didn't even know there weren't any new levels made in the past 20 years. So this is both prestigious and historical. Cheers and well done. But I also find it quite difficult. I'm also stuck at level 2 in Fun. Well I had all ladders set up but then time ran out. So I won't mind a trainer.

Btw. despite my name I'm not a hardcore Lemmings fan or anything, I just have fond memories of those little blue buggers.
Old 15 December 2016, 21:00   #24
Amiga_CDTV
Mind Walker

Thanks for this release!

I just tried it on my CD32 (with mouse). The early levels are indeed hard, I finally managed to reach level 5! I hope there are some easier levels ahead... But it is indeed great to have levels that I had not seen before!
Old 15 December 2016, 21:48   #25
Amigajay
醉拳

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemming880 View Post
Great to see new Lemming levels. This must have been a lot of work and I didn't even know there weren't any new levels made in the past 20 years. So this is both prestigious and historical. Cheers and well done. But I also find it quite difficult. I'm also stuck at level 2 in Fun. Well I had all ladders set up but then time ran out. So I won't mind a trainer.

Btw. despite my name I'm not a hardcore Lemmings fan or anything, I just have fond memories of those little blue buggers.
Yeah took some work figuring it out first off, but the main bulk of the levels (80) were ready to go, so they were mostly done in a couple of weekends, it was the 40 duplicate levels that took the time, finding where they were, what original names they had and cross referencing them, then giving a new name and working out another back route for each level and giving different skills to the other level, then changing and testing each level to make sure it was doable! On average 30 mins per level x40 , so yeah time consuming!

If anyone wants to make a crack, trainer for it that would be cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiga_CDTV View Post
Thanks for this release!

I just tried it on my CD32 (with mouse). The early levels are indeed hard, I finally managed to reach level 5! I hope there are some easier levels ahead... But it is indeed great to have levels that I had not seen before!
Yeah as I said above the levels are mixed in difficulty, my levels I tried to keep in some order in that regard.
So yes there are easier levels to come! I'm glad you got past the first few levels!
Old 15 December 2016, 22:03   #26
Cobe

There are levels you created?
Old 15 December 2016, 22:21   #27
Lonewolf10
AMOS Extensions Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
Not many fans of Lemmings then?
I only just found this thread today. Will download it and play over the weekend
Old 15 December 2016, 22:33   #28
Amigajay
醉拳

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobe View Post
There are levels you created?
No not create, there is 80 unique levels in the Megadrive version of Lemmings, well 90 (the other 10 would be in another pack if there is enough interest) these levels are the exact same as they are in that version, skills, time etc the other 40 levels are duplicates (which is the way the original Lemmings was put together) so I had to manually edit 40 levels changing skill numbers, time, lemmings to save etc so they are unique in that you need to find another way to complete that level.

So I didn't create them no not in that regard.
Old 23 December 2016, 00:20   #29
warfalcon

[ Show youtube player ]

Here is the trained Version of this release for those who find it too tricky.

Entire Version can be downloaded from Flashtro:
http://www.flashtro.com/index.php?e=...aHTML5&id=4337

I have also placed it into the zone. Merry Xmas!

Last edited by warfalcon; 23 December 2016 at 00:29.
Old 23 December 2016, 12:28   #30
Lemming880

I asked for a trainer and it's actually here! I'll definitely use the stop timer and skip levels but I forgot how unlimited resources totally screw up the level design so I'll try to keep away from that. Though it would be handy to switch between limited and unlimited ingame but this is fine already. Thanks.
Old 23 December 2016, 13:58   #31
DamienD
Global Moderator

Cheers Flashtro guys
Old 23 December 2016, 14:21   #32
Amigajay
醉拳

Thanks Warfalcon! Nice to see a flashtro for my release! Thanks also to all the guys who worked on it.
Old 23 December 2016, 17:04   #33
AmigaBill

Thanks so much guys, this is awesome! I love Lemmings. So basically these are additional expansions that were never released for Amiga? I do remember Oh No! More Lemmings, but I guess there were more levels added after that that were not on Amiga? Man, so much dust in my brain! Thanks for all your efforts. Brilliant work.
Old 23 December 2016, 17:29   #34
Amigajay
醉拳

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaBill View Post
Thanks so much guys, this is awesome! I love Lemmings. So basically these are additional expansions that were never released for Amiga? I do remember Oh No! More Lemmings, but I guess there were more levels added after that that were not on Amiga? Man, so much dust in my brain! Thanks for all your efforts. Brilliant work.
No official packs were ever done, user created levels are available for PC via custom level players and editors, these levels aren't from those.

The Sega Megadrive version created after the Amiga one by Sunsoft in Japan has 90 levels unique from the Amiga one, it also has 70-80 Amiga levels included, but because it couldn't handle the large levels from the Amiga they had to create smaller levels, hence these 90 new levels.

Because of the way Lemmings is made up 80 levels +40 duplicates =120 levels, I couldn't include all 90, so I have included 80 levels and the other 40 are duplicates of those with new skills, names and times etc
Old 24 December 2016, 15:46   #35
Frog

Nice gift ! Thanks for it and Merry Christmas
Old 24 December 2016, 23:10   #36
capehorn

Thanks for this. I've always thought of Lemmings as a very Christmassy game for some reason so I'll be having a good play of this later.

I'm not usually a fan of the pixel perfect, one-exact-way-of-completing types of levels which the first of these seem to be, but I've already beaten the first few and I can't wait to see what the rest are like.
Old 24 December 2016, 23:48   #37
capehorn

Did you mean to include the dynamic that right click stops the action while the clock keeps ticking, or is it a bug? Because in the original game, right click enabled a faster scroll speed for when you were moving around the map. In this version, right click is almost like pause, except the clock continues to run down (so I'm not sure what the point is, it acts like, but is inferior to, pausing the game). I'm just wondering because it really confused me at first and I thought the game had crashed.
Old 25 December 2016, 13:52   #38
AmigaBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
No official packs were ever done, user created levels are available for PC via custom level players and editors, these levels aren't from those.

The Sega Megadrive version created after the Amiga one by Sunsoft in Japan has 90 levels unique from the Amiga one, it also has 70-80 Amiga levels included, but because it couldn't handle the large levels from the Amiga they had to create smaller levels, hence these 90 new levels.

Because of the way Lemmings is made up 80 levels +40 duplicates =120 levels, I couldn't include all 90, so I have included 80 levels and the other 40 are duplicates of those with new skills, names and times etc
Thanks for the info and amazing work putting this together AmigaJay Lemmings is just as fun to play today as it was back then. The sign of a true classic !
Old 30 December 2016, 13:31   #39
capehorn

I finished playing through all the fun levels. It was very enjoyable, all well designed and quite challenging (probably the equivalent of taxing/easier mayhem levels in the original - some of them are real puzzlers!) but that's the way I like them.

Are these fan designed levels or are they levels that appeared on other systems and have been ported to the Amiga for the first time?
Old 30 December 2016, 13:40   #40
Amigajay
醉拳

Quote:
Originally Posted by capehorn View Post
I finished playing through all the fun levels. It was very enjoyable, all well designed and quite challenging (probably the equivalent of taxing/easier mayhem levels in the original - some of them are real puzzlers!) but that's the way I like them.

Are these fan designed levels or are they levels that appeared on other systems and have been ported to the Amiga for the first time?
See post #34

These are the unique Sega Megadrive levels.
AdSense AdSense