English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 28 May 2017, 14:41   #161
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Send a message via Skype™ to Retrofan
Maybe they also could manage somehow getting them maked and then the waiting list should be shorter.

Anyway what I want is a Vampire A1200.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 28 May 2017, 14:49   #162
wawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Maybe they also could manage somehow getting them maked and then the waiting list should be shorter.
how?

especially they need to deliver their x5k and other os4 hardware first. have you seen what mess arises around all this these days? you want vampire distribution and the whole project to be affested if not endangered by it?
Old 28 May 2017, 15:30   #163
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Send a message via Skype™ to Retrofan
Maybe they can't make them but they can sell them. Just my opinion, but it has to happen and it will. Lets see.
Old 28 May 2017, 18:52   #164
kolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa View Post
what for?
Cookies?
Old 28 May 2017, 19:46   #165
wawa

Quote:
Maybe they can't make them but they can sell them. Just my opinion, but it has to happen and it will. Lets see.
you think amigakit can sell vampires faster than they are being produced? likely. than why not pay them in advance?
Old 28 May 2017, 20:43   #166
wawa

well shit happens..
Old 28 May 2017, 20:51   #167
Mr.Flibble

Quote:
Just a question:

Will Amigakit sell Vampires in a near future?
Yes:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=87340
Old 23 June 2017, 06:45   #168
Starglider 2

I'm excited to see my Vampire just shipped 😄

I have a question: Currently my A500 has the Kipper2k CF card adapter in, and that CF is my boot hard disk.

I have bought the IDE adapter for the Vampire. Do I need to do anything other than plug the CF card into the Vampire IDE adapter and turn the Amiga on to boot from CF as per usual?
Old 23 June 2017, 07:37   #169
Samurai_Crow
Total Chaos forever!

Send a message via Yahoo to Samurai_Crow
@Starglider 2
It should boot automatically just like an A600.
Old 23 June 2017, 10:44   #170
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglider 2 View Post
I have a question: Currently my A500 has the Kipper2k CF card adapter in, and that CF is my boot hard disk.
I have bought the IDE adapter for the Vampire. Do I need to do anything other than plug the CF card into the Vampire IDE adapter and turn the Amiga on to boot from CF as per usual?
As Samurai_Crow wrote, it should just work out of the box. I did exactly the same - replaced a Kipper2k 8MB+CF adapter with a V500, moved the old CF card to the Vampire and it booted right up.
Old 23 June 2017, 12:07   #171
apex

Transcend 32GB x133 Model is working perfekt on Vampire together with PFS3.
Old 23 June 2017, 20:18   #172
majsta
www.majsta.com

Ok saga continues regarding vampire cards.
As you know I have tried to stop certain people from earning money by selling cards they got for insane prices on e-bay. Plan was also that those sales finance project, from that money we were able to buy parts for initial batches. Several months ago I have reduced sales on ebay by selling only 3 cards per month since I can list auction at max 10 days. Goal was just to be there on e-bay. Since day 1 someone is constantly reporting every single auction I put on e-bay and they constantly remove my auctions without any chance for me to say something.
I ll discuss about two reports that happened today, but about that later.
Let's say that this project got to a stage where I expect someone to show up on my window and drop bomb inside my room. This got to a point that every single person who I m talking to getting into problems. Few days ago I was traveling to my PCBA company and talked to them about production saying that they can expect to get strange mails, phone calls or various threats from someone just because they produce Vampire cards.
So what's going on with e-bay. Let's discuss this mornings warning.
Quote:
Your eBay listing has been removed: Brand Name Misuse
Hello majsta,

We've determined that some of your listings haven't followed our Brand Name Misuse policy. Therefore, we had to take the following actions:
- Listings that didn't follow our policies have been removed. A list of removed item(s) is available further down in this email.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).

Please use only terms that describe your item accurately.

Adding brand, celebrity, or manufacturer names to a listing that was not made by that company, person, or manufacturer isn't allowed.

Making comparisons or including unrelated terms in your listing may confuse buyers who may not understand what's actually being offered. This can result in an unsuccessful transaction and may also lead to a buyer claim being filed.

For more information on our search and browse manipulation policy, go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...ipulation.html

Please know, the listing title 'Amiga 500 accelerator Vampire 500 V2+' suggests that the item is made/manufactured/marketted by "Amiga 500", when it is not, this might mislead buyers. For this reason, eBay suggests sellers to include brand or model names in listing titles for items that are mechanically or electrically compatible with specific brands if words such as 'compatible with', 'fits' or 'for' are mentioned before the brand/model names. There's one exception, if the item for sale is universally compatible with most of the brands then the listing should not have any brand name. You may relist the item after making the necessary changes in the listing.

If you have any questions, contact us:
http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cusr?que...main=email1636

Please be sure that your current and future listings, including any items that are relisted automatically, follow these guidelines. If they don't, they'll be removed and your fees won't be refunded. It could also result in additional actions, including loss of buying and selling privileges on eBay.

Here's a list of the item(s) that were removed:
263036144922 - Amiga 500 accelerator Vampire 500 V2+

We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.
In short, someone reported me because I wrote Amiga 500 accelerator Vampire 500 V2+ instead something like Vampire 500 V2+ accelerator for Amiga 500
So FOR is the key imagine ???
Ok let's be honest, type on Ebay search something like amiga accelerator and watch for results. Yes for everyone is allowed to do whatever they like but for me not.
Problem with this and other auctions is that people had placed bids on it then listing was removed, those people contacted me and asked what is going on with ebay sales because every single auction is stopped, removed.

Let's continue. Few hours later after all of those fixes another mail from Ebay saying that listing is removed.
Quote:
Your eBay listing has been removed - Miscategorized Items
Hello majsta,

Another eBay member notified us that your listing used their copyrighted image or text without permission. As a result, we’ve taken the following action:
- Your listing that was reported has been removed. The listing that was removed can be viewed at the bottom of this message.
- Any fees for listings that were ended early for not following policy won't be credited to your account.

We strongly encourage you to write your own description and take your own photographs. When you do this, potential buyers better understand what they are purchasing and are less likely to encounter confusion after the transaction is complete.

If you use text or an image that was created by someone else, be sure that you have permission to use the image or text.

To learn more about how to contact another member, visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/contact-member.html

The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) allows a you to file a counter notification if your content was removed as a result of mistake or misidentification on the part of the copyright owner.

To learn more about eBay’s Image and Text policy, please visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/image-text.html

If you have more questions, you can contact our policy experts:
http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cusr?query=1337&=PTB1192

Here is the listing that was removed:
263051313653 - Vampire 500 V2+ accelerator for Amiga 500 computer

We appreciate your cooperation.

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.
Ok, to mention I took pictures in my room, with my own camera. hah no point to explain.
Before those two someone reported me because I provided link to my website at the bottom of the listing.
Ebay removed that listing also for some reason.

Ok so people what is next, is this how something new and let's say innovative is treated in amiga scene. Lately I started to think that developers from several great Amiga project were chased away same way.
MSG to the person(s) who are constantly trying to stop this project.
Only thing that will stop me in my work regarding Amiga is if I die somehow so pray to x86 God that something bad happens to me. BRING IT ON!

Last edited by majsta; 23 June 2017 at 21:00.
Old 23 June 2017, 20:32   #173
Mr.Flibble

That's a completely shitty thing to do, and unfortunately not entirely unexpected given the volume of crap which turns up every time the Vampire is mentioned on a number of platforms.

People can be utterly childish pricks these days.
Old 23 June 2017, 20:43   #174
wawa

maybe its dc comics chasing you for using batman lookalike in the vampire logo?

seriously, though, seems like serious butt hurt, as its being called in these parts, i guess. and considering what i observe on forums it isnt actually unexpected thet there are strange characters among us. the problem is that there are so many of them in a whole variety, that it is difficult to attribute actions like that to any group, let alone inidividual. not even cui bono is of much help here if any.

have my full support in the matter, igor, even though i may make myself suspicious acting like that.
Old 23 June 2017, 20:48   #175
Sinphaltimus

Very upsetting. People are @55h0l3s.
Old 23 June 2017, 21:04   #176
majsta
www.majsta.com

Something I just said on our chat about Ebay situation
Quote:
<@majsta> if I could stop my sex life for ages because of this project then it is clear how persistent I am :P
Old 23 June 2017, 21:48   #177
gulliver
BoingBagged

Somebody is truly being a d*ck!

Perhaps you could just put a price tag on the Vampires and sell them through Amibay or even your own webpage, or even here.

Just drop the auction format of the sale and you will have plenty of places to advertise it.
Old 23 June 2017, 22:36   #178
emufan

even while it is insane - some party gets increasingly, deeply annoyed of your success,
so you may consider this as an approval of your work you've done
Old 23 June 2017, 22:37   #179
Leffmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by majsta View Post
Something I just said on our chat about Ebay situation
Isn't this something that has been going on for much longer and outside of eBay as well, like someone has been trying to stop you from making accelerators?

What I'm wondering is, is there anyone who would benefit from this market having one less manufacturer of accelerator boards for Amiga computers?
Old 23 June 2017, 22:58   #180
utri007
mä vaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by majsta View Post
So what's going on with e-bay. Let's discuss this mornings warning.
In short, someone reported me because I wrote Amiga 500 accelerator Vampire 500 V2+ instead something like Vampire 500 V2+ accelerator for Amiga 500
So FOR is the key imagine ???
Ok let's be honest, type on Ebay search something like amiga accelerator and watch for results. Yes for everyone is allowed to do whatever they like but for me not.
Problem with this and other auctions is that people had placed bids on it then listing was removed, those people contacted me and asked what is going on with ebay sales because every single auction is stopped, removed.

Let's continue. Few hours later after all of those fixes another mail from Ebay saying that listing is removed.
Ok, to mention I took pictures in my room, with my own camera. hah no point to explain.
Before those two someone reported me because I provided link to my website at the bottom of the listing.
Ebay removed that listing also for some reason.

Ok so people what is next, is this how something new and let's say innovative is treated in amiga scene. Lately I started to think that developers from several great Amiga project were chased away same way.
MSG to the person(s) who are constantly trying to stop this project.
Only thing that will stop me in my work regarding Amiga is if I die somehow so pray to x86 God that something bad happens to me. BRING IT ON!
You are victim of cyber bullying. Ebay has policy for that. They can ban those users.

It is sad fact that there is history of this kind of people in amiga scene. There are few sickos, wich do that and I'm prety sure that they have done that a lot for multiple develors / companies.
AdSense AdSense